• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aug 2002 2nd Anniversary Trip - Day 2 (mgm)

diznylovr

Earning My Ears
Day 2 of our trip began with lots of sunshine streaming through our windows. YEAH!! I was so afraid it was going to rain a lot this trip. I guess because we had been blessed with such wonderful weather on our last trip that we would not be so lucky this time. But the sky was clear and blue and we headed off to MGM. It's amazing how much of a morning person you can be when you're at Disney. I was practically bouncing down the sidewalk!! The boat was nowhere in sight so we decided to find the path and walk. I figured it would be quicker. It was a really nice walk to start the morning, although it did make us hot before we even got to the park. Oh well! We arrived, went through security, and headed to RnR. They had not dropped the rope yet so we baked in the sun for 10 minutes until exactly 9:00 adn then we were off. I had skipped RnR last trip because I was feeling a little nautious from ToT but DH rode it and said it was awesome so I was very excited to try it. We got in the stand-by line and in 10 minutes we were in the recording studio. DH was right. I loved it!! And I'm not even a big roller coaster fan. We grabbed fastpasses to come back again in a little while. We decided to skip ToT due to my experience last trip, although I love the theming and all the pre-ride stuff. We headed up toward the hat and took some pictures and then jumped on the Great Movie Ride. Wait was only 10-15 minutes. It was relaxing. We got the bank robbery scene which I don't think we had seen before. Next we headed for Star Tours as DH is a huge Star Wars fan. Almost no wait at all. It was good but made me a little woozy. I don't remember it doing that to me before. After browsing around in Tatooine Traders (couldn't get DH out) we jetted back over for our RnR fastpasses. I tried to keep my eyes open this time at the beginning for the picture. It turned out great!! We bought the picture and decided we needed a break from the heat and some food. We decided to check in at Sci-Fi and see if they could fit us in. The wait was only 15 minutes right at noon without a PS. I was kind of surprised. I know a lot of people don't like it but I really enjoy the atmosphere and the theming. And you can't beat the burgers, fries, and shakes, which is exactly what we ordered. They were yummy and we left there feeling rejuvenated and ready to go. We stopped outside at the DVC booth and looked through the album. We got all the info from the CM there who talked us in to going to an open house on Thursday. I was excited. DH thought it was the beginning of the end. Next we did Muppets then walked up New York Street for some pics and then found Mama Melrose, our dinner spot for the night. It was getting close to parade time so we scouted out a front row spot and waited. The Stars in Motor Cars was really cute and we got some great pics. Then we headed for the back of the park. We decided to skip the backlot tour but headed over and grabbed fastpasses for WWTBAM. The line for Sorceror Mickey did not appear too long so we got our picture taken with him. It turned out really cute!! Then we did One Man's Dream. This was really interesting. I loved all the scale models of the parks and stuff. Next it was time for WWTBAM. This was new for us and it was really fun. We really got into it but never made the hot seat. I wanted to do Mermaid next but the wait was around an hour and fastpass return was during dinner so we passed and decided to spend our time until dinner browsing the shops on Hollywood Blvd. and buying our Sorceror Mickey picture. Dinner was at Mama Melrose's as a Fantasmic package. It was out first time trying this restaurant. Enjoyed the atmosphere and food was pretty good. I had the 4 cheese pizza and DH had a pasta and seafood dish with clams, calamari, and shrimp I think. It was about 7:45 and we decided to head for Fantasmic. We got great seats down front and ended up sitting by a family who we found out was from a town just 15 minutes down the road from us. Small world!! I love Fantasmic!!! I love the way they project the movie scenes on the water. Great way to end our day!! We headed out and decided to wait for the boat. Our feet were very grateful!! Back at the YC we gave each other foot massages on our deck as Spaceship Earth glowed in the distance. I just love it here!!! You can't beat the location and ambiance!! Then we were off to bed as Day 3 would bring what I had been waiting for - Magic Kingdom!!!!!

Great report can't wait to read the rest!
I turned my husband into a Disney fan and he was the one to purchase our DVC membership for our 1st Anniversary when we were 24 & 23. We have used it for 7 trips!!!! :p:Pinkbounc

I've enjoyed reading your trip report so far! We're also staying at the YC next month celebrating our anniversary. Sitting out on our balcony each morning & evening is something we are really looking forward to! :)

I"ve been telling myself I'll try RnR too this time...hope I don't chicken out! I've been enjoying your reports so far, can't wait for the rest!

Another great day!

I love all of the WDW coasters, but can't do either virtual reality rides!

Thanks for sharing!

I'm just curious, what was the DVC open house like? Was it long? Did you receive any gists (Disney Dollars, etc) as a thank you for going?

SmilingMouse;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter