Aug 2002 2nd Anniversary Trip - Day 1 (arrival At Yc, Epcot & Illuminations

diznylovr

Earning My Ears
Cast:

Me, 25, Disney fanatic and trip planner. Becoming more addicted to WDW each day.
DH, 26, loves the Disney kid in me and humors all my planning. Secretly loves it all as much as I do.

Day 1

We spent the night before our flight in Pittsburgh at the Courtyard Marriott and utilized the free airport shuttle. Our flight left at 7:45 am so we were up and at it early, but who is tired when you know you will be at WDW in a few hours!! Airport security and check-in was seemless and we were in the air right on time. I'm not a big fan of flying but our flight was smooth and perfect and we landed at MCO ahead of schedule. Headed for baggage claim and found our Tiffany Towncar driver right away. This was a plus since we had a snafu in this area during our last trip. Namely, the driver never showed. But this one was great and helped us claim our bags. Shortly we were off and headed for the Yacht Club. I had to pinch myself a few times during the trip over. I can't believe I'm at WDW again! We arrived at YC and it was beautiful of course!! We headed for check-in and were helped by a wonderful and friendly CM who took care of everything for us. We bought our park hoppers, e-night tickets, booked a Fantasmic package and a few other PS's, and were on our way to our room which was ready for us at 11:30 am. Yeah!!
We had only booked a standard view and I had mentioned very politely in my room request that it was our anniversay hoping for but not expecting an upgrade to water view. We were in room 4067 and the view was fabulous!!!! The wedding gazebo directly to our left, a portion of the lake and the dock leading out the lighthouse to our right and the Beach Club and SAB straight ahead. It was a perfect view of Spaceship Earth with the red sparkling Epcot wand. It looked like it was rising up over the BC. I was so excited!!!! This trip was starting out fabulously!!! We quickly unpcked and headed for Epcot. I love this location!!!
We arrived at Epcot around 12:30 and it seemed really empty. I couldn't believe it. It was a little overcast with sun peaking through and overall not too hot. The rest of the week was much hotter. We hadn't yet had anything to eat all day so we stopped for fish and chips in England. After lunch, we headed for Future World and went to see if any Fast Passes were left for Test Track. The return time was 7:40 - 8:40 and we decided we could could fit it in between dinner and Illuminations so we grabbed some and were off for HISTA. DH loves the 3D shows. This is one of my favorites too. Next we hit the new Figment. It was okay. Then we headed over to the Land and did Living with the Land. I like this one a lot too. It is very relaxing. We couldn't fastpass yet so we waited about 30-35 minutes but that was about the longest we waited all week. After a quick Mickey Bar we wanted to find our Leave a Legacy tile from our honeymoon 2 years ago. That was cool. We have a picture of me pointing to the tiny little square and you can actually tell it is us. After a few pictures in front of the ball, we rode Spaceship Earth with no wait. We went leisurley through Innoventions and Ice Station Cool and decided we would skip Wonders of Life this time because Body Wars made me nautious last time. Next it was on to World Showcase. We had not spent much time here last trip so we decided to devote the rest of our afternoon here. We started in Mexico and worked our way around the world enjoying a Margarita in Mexico, a pastry in France, the American Adventure, and all the cute little shops all over the world. DH decided to check out the origin of his name in Germany. By the time we made it to Canada it was nearing our PS time for Le Cellier and I was really looking forward to it from reading all the reviews here on the boards. It didn't disappoint!! We had a lovely meal and a great CM from Quebec.
As we left to head for Test Track to use our fastpasses, we ran into our friends from home who were also in town for the same convention as DH. We didn't think they had arrived yet but they had checked into the BC that morning. That was a nice surprise. WDW is so big and we ran right into them. We decided to skip Test Track and scouted out a great spot for Illuminations with them. This was our friend's wife's first time at WDW and she really enjoyed Illuminations. We love it too!! No matter how many times you see it, it still takes your breath away. It was a perfect end to our perfect first day at Disney. And when we got back to our room we sat on the balcony for a little while to enjoy our great view and soak up the wonderful feel of the YC/BC/BW resort area at night. This would become a nightly ritual and one of my best memories from the trip.

Next, Day 2 - MGM and plenty of sunshine

1983 - offsite
1988 - a Downtown Disney hotel
1996 - All Star Music (never offsite again!!!)
2000 - Beach Club (honeymoon)
2002 - Yacht Club
Thanksgiving 2003 - Wilderness Lodge or BCV (if we join DVC)

I'm glad you had a safe trip down. Sounds like your first day was pretty good too. :)

What a wonderful first day! We will be staying at the YC for the first time in December and are really looking forward to it (my 30th birthday trip). We spent our 3rd anniversary ar WL, and it was a magical trip! Looking forward to reading more!

:earsgirl: Krissy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter