Aug 10th, 2008 4-days on the Wonder

sttng

Earning My Ears
Hello all. First Disney cruise, and first post at DISboards.

I can't believe no one has started a thread for this cruise. It supposedly has been almost sold out for months! I waited long enough and decided I should jump in and get the conversation started!

We are coming in from Texas!

Me DH, DW, and 2 DD!

We can't wait to get on the ship! We are a family of 4: myself, DW, 2 DS and we are all Disney Crazy. We will be staying at AKV for one night before the cruise and the BCV for 3 days afterwards. Anyone else on this cruise?:cool2:

That sounds great! We are staying at OKW (our DVC home) Saturday night and then we'll return there Thursday and Friday night. Can't wait!

We will be there! Me, DH, 2 dd's (12 & 10) coming from Illinois! I am starting to get so excited!!:cool1:

We are staying at POFQ on Saturday.

We will also be aboard. It will be me, my husband, daughter 6 and son 4. My sister and her daughter 6 will be there too. We are all from Massachusetts. My husband and I both have cruised with Disney before, it will be a first for everyone else in the group.

I think I have read everything I possibly could, purchased a Passporter (by the way, great information there!) watched every youtube Disney cruise video uploaded for the past 2 years, and can't wait!!! 26 days and counting!

Yea it was hard to believe no thread for so long. It will be our 6th cruise and we so look forward to the double dip at CC.

Has anyone received their cruise docs?

No, I have not received any cruise documents. I am patiently waiting.:goodvibes :wizard:

Joan4Mickey - Since this is your 6th cruise can you share any tips, magical moments etc?

Well...everyone is different so I'll tell you what we like.

First, relax and know that you can't do everything. Be patient as some activities can be busy like characters meets-just allow plenty of time. Ignore those on board that may irritate you (there is always some one) and enjoy your cruise.

We love the shows and are very exited to see the new Toy Story Musical. If you have first seating them you can catch the second show and if you have second dinner seating you catch the first. Hint...if you have second dinner then grabs some fries, pizza (near the goofy pool), some thing to drink or a good snack to take to the show to hold you until that late dinner. Remember these items are "free" (of course you paid for them when you paid for your cruise). We love late dinner.

Make sure you read your Navigator. You can bring a highlighter to help keep track of those things you really want to do, or just use the ink pen in your stateroom. If you like movies there is usually a late one in the Buena Vista theater after late dinner, you may need a nap in the afternoon to stay awake for the whole thing.

Don't miss dinner, they are so fun and the staff can be quite entertaining for the children with little tricks and stuff.

Nassau is not for everyone. We like to go to the Straw market. We give our teens $5 and see how they can do. There are many repeat items in the market and don't pay the first price asked. It can be overwhelming and hot. I wouldn't take my children in when they were younger, but that's me. Some like to stay on the ship and skip going into Nassau. The local are a little pushy when you first get into the city.

I have never been to Palo's (the adult restaurant). I have heard good things, but for us it is a family vacation and I enjoy dining with my family. My DH and I usually find a little time here and there when our kids are busy with an activity.

The best part of our cruise will be two stops at Castaway Cay. We like to walk around, snorkel and enjoy the big BBQ-don't miss the big chocolate chip cookies. Take a few extra and let them sit in the sun and get nice and warm and gooey-very very good. If you need some exercise, deck 4 is like a track outside. It circles the ship and has shade.

I have rambles enough...can't wait to get on the ship!:cool1:

We DH and I will be celebrating :cheer2: our 20th wedding anniversary with this cruise and a 4 day stay at Sartogs Springs. Our first curise and DVC stay all in one and no kids. I have been reading everything I can on DCL but am trying to stay away from video. My DH thinks I want to know everything before I go. I just tell him I want to be informed.:rotfl:

Well...everyone is different so I'll tell you what we like.

First, relax and know that you can't do everything. Be patient as some activities can be busy like characters meets-just allow plenty of time. Ignore those on board that may irritate you (there is always some one) and enjoy your cruise.

We love the shows and are very exited to see the new Toy Story Musical. If you have first seating them you can catch the second show and if you have second dinner seating you catch the first. Hint...if you have second dinner then grabs some fries, pizza (near the goofy pool), some thing to drink or a good snack to take to the show to hold you until that late dinner. Remember these items are "free" (of course you paid for them when you paid for your cruise). We love late dinner.

Make sure you read your Navigator. You can bring a highlighter to help keep track of those things you really want to do, or just use the ink pen in your stateroom. If you like movies there is usually a late one in the Buena Vista theater after late dinner, you may need a nap in the afternoon to stay awake for the whole thing.

Don't miss dinner, they are so fun and the staff can be quite entertaining for the children with little tricks and stuff.

Nassau is not for everyone. We like to go to the Straw market. We give our teens $5 and see how they can do. There are many repeat items in the market and don't pay the first price asked. It can be overwhelming and hot. I wouldn't take my children in when they were younger, but that's me. Some like to stay on the ship and skip going into Nassau. The local are a little pushy when you first get into the city.

I have never been to Palo's (the adult restaurant). I have heard good things, but for us it is a family vacation and I enjoy dining with my family. My DH and I usually find a little time here and there when our kids are busy with an activity.

The best part of our cruise will be two stops at Castaway Cay. We like to walk around, snorkel and enjoy the big BBQ-don't miss the big chocolate chip cookies. Take a few extra and let them sit in the sun and get nice and warm and gooey-very very good. If you need some exercise, deck 4 is like a track outside. It circles the ship and has shade.

I have rambles enough...can't wait to get on the ship!:cool1:

Thank you! I am getting very excited! I have been to Nassau before marriage and kids. I am thinking we will stay on the ship and enjoy the pools and other activities. From everything I've read the 2 stop at CC will be the highlight. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Just recieved our booking documents!:cool1: It's our 1st cruise and 1st time here on DIS. Leaving Vegas on 8-7 with DD (9), will be staying at Swan until the cruise. DD is so excited! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Well, I guess we are off!! The documents arrived today!! Completed the online check in and will hopefully pre-book something on Castaway Cay.

We'll (DW, DS 9 yrs old and DD 4 yrs old) be driving down from New Jersey and staying at Old Key West just before the cruise.

I was also very surprised that it took so long for a thread to be started, I am also under the assumption that the cruise has been sold out for a bit. Oh well, I'm glad it has started.

This is our first Disney Cruise. I am dying of excitement, my dh not so much. We are going to stay at the Poly for 8 days before the cruise (because we are huge WDW fans) then off to the cruise. I hope this is the bomb that I have heard about because it is costing us a pretty penny. (the cruise part more than the WDW part.)

Well, one more trip to Disneyland, some packing and we are set! (I always have to go to Disneyland before I go to WDW, it is just my thing.) :thumbsup2 I hope I run into some of you there!

We finally received our cruise docs today! I was getting jealous of everyone else getting theirs.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the ship.
Van and Marie

Hi,:)

We are going on the 10th. We are first time Disney Cruisers who are from Illinois. I saw someone else on this cruise is from Illiniois as well. We are northwest of chicago. Everyone else has docs, not me, I am now the jealous one.

Nicole

I tried starting a thread a few months ago, but no responses....
Glad to see responses to this one.

We booked this cruise last July, so we're more than ready!
It's my bride, our son (6) and myself. We're celebrating out 15th anniversary this cruise.

Our son recently talked us into spending a day at MK on the way back (gosh...he hasn't been there for two whole years!... We have 6 days left on our 10 day passes, so what the heck...) I had a difficult time finding anything at a Disney resort. We always stay at POFQ, but are ending up at the CBR for two nights after the cruise.

We still don't have our cruise documents. Should I be worried?

How do we identify one another as DisBoards members? We will all probably just walk by each other without even saying "hi" :)
Is there any official/unofficial meet up?

Hi,:)

We are going on the 10th. We are first time Disney Cruisers who are from Illinois. I saw someone else on this cruise is from Illiniois as well. We are northwest of chicago. Everyone else has docs, not me, I am now the jealous one.

Nicole

That would be me! :wave2: We live outside of St. Louis!! I can't believe 2 weeks from today, we'll be at CC!:woohoo:

Does anyone want our Palo reservation for 6:30 on the last night? I don't think we'll be using it. (We don't want to miss one of the other restaurants for Palo.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter