Aug 03 2008 Magic (West Coast)

Myself and my two boys DS 15 (by then) and DS 12 will be joining you. This is our second Disney Cruise. We were on the Magic the last time it came to the West Coast. It was THE BEST vacation I ever took. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you. Any other sinlge parents cruising at the same time?

I too am a single mom on this cruise too!!! :cool1: Hey, our boys are the same ages! My two sons will be 12 and 15 when we cruise. Maybe you and I could go to Palo together?

God bless the single moms out there. I was raised by one and it is one of the most under-appreciated positions in society.

Weekly Countdown

73 :tinker:weeks until the August 3 rd, 2008 Cruisin' La Vida Mickey Mexican Rivera Cruise

:yay: :dance3: :teacher: :hippie: :clown: party:

~ Cast of "Cruisin' La Vida Mickey"
(Format: DIS member, family members {Kids ages at time of cruise}, Early or LATE dinner seating,room number)

DL DCA Fans - DH, DW, DS(20), DS(18) Late seating
Mn Dis Fans - 2 A DS Chad (12)
Vossjemi - DH DW (DS(6), DD(8)
Lola2 - Lola (32) DH(33) DD(13), DDBF(12). DS(6)
Amanuensis - DH, DW, DS(14) (Early) rm - 7063
Ct_TiggerFan - me Ed(51). DW Beth(51), DD Caitlin (11) (Early) rm - 6094
eeyoregon - Gina, DS Hayden(15), DS Jensen(12) (Late)
IAN.Whiteley - Dad (42), DW (44), DS(13), DD(10)
HeelMD - DH, DW, DD(8), DS(5) rm - 8530
Friends of HeelMD - DH, DW, DS(14), DS(12), DS(10) rm - 8516
Devogan - Debbie(50), DS(12), DS(15) (Early)

Post your info or send me a PM and I will update the list.

God bless the single moms out there. I was raised by one and it is one of the most under-appreciated positions in society.

You are kind. I just realized that in 2008 when we cruise it will be my 10 year anniversary as a single mom! WHOA! Where did that 10 years go??? Maybe it's time to start dating...rebound period should be over :lmao: Can't believe my "babies" will be 12 and 15 when we sail.

You are kind. I just realized that in 2008 when we cruise it will be my 10 year anniversary as a single mom! WHOA! Where did that 10 years go??? Maybe it's time to start dating...rebound period should be over :lmao: Can't believe my "babies" will be 12 and 15 when we sail.

Well the ports are the ones used on the "Love Boat tv Show" :banana: :cool1: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Love_Boat

So does everyone but us have early seating dinner? We chose the late seating as I didn't want to feel rushed to get back to the ship on port days and get presentable for dinner. We had late on our last cruise, but we chose it because of the 3 hour time difference = didn't want to be eating dinner at 2:30 pm on our body clocks!

So does everyone but us have early seating dinner? We chose the late seating as I didn't want to feel rushed to get back to the ship on port days and get presentable for dinner. We had late on our last cruise, but we chose it because of the 3 hour time difference = didn't want to be eating dinner at 2:30 pm on our body clocks!

We had late dining on our first two cruises and it was great in terms of not having to rush back to the ship, but we found we were too pooped after dinner to do anything but go to bed, so we missed a lot of the shows and stuff. So last cruise we decided to tried early seating and we all seemed to prefer it. You get the dining over with early.

Of course, if my East Coast cousin and her family decide to join us (they are still undecided), we may have to switch to late dining, because we'd want to be seated with them and I think there are no more early seatings available at this point.

We have late seating as well. We had early seating on our first cruise, but after being given late seating on the second cruise (because early was full) we decided it worked out better for us. My husband found that after eating an appetizer, salad, main dish and dessert for dinner that he had trouble staying awake during the show in the WD Theatre. By having late seating, we can stay awake and enjoy the early presentation of the show, have dinner and then go to one of the nightclubs if we want. If we got hungry between lunch and dinner, we grabbed fruit or ice cream on Deck 9 or ordered something from room service, like the cheese platter or cookies and milk.

We have early seating at this point but am thinking about changing. My boys will be older by then and may prefer not having to rush to dinner. I also felt kind of rushed to eat with early dinner as well. No lingering over coffee or anything.

Doc was always the ladies man on Love Boat. Our last RCI cruise, we hung out with a mom/daughter where the mom hurt her ankle and had to go to ship dr. She said he was single and HOT! She kept finding excuses to go back! Ha ha.

We have early dining as well, but if we end up with 5:30, we may change that. I don't want to eat quite that early. I'd like 6:00. What is the earliest late seating? 7:30? That might not be too bad. Plenty of time for port fun. My problem is we'd probably end up missing out on the shows to stay longer in port and need the time to get ready.

We had 5:30 on our last cruise, it wasnt that bad. but most ports you had to be back on the ship by 5pm

I plan on sticking with the earlier seatings
With our 10 year old it works out fine

Yippi

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :dance3: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm going to DisneyWorld this year

Just got our plans set. July 16 -22 at Beach Club:hippie: :cheer2:

Yippi

I'm going to DisneyWorld this year

Just got our plans set. July 16 -22 at Beach Club:hippie: :cheer2:

Lucky you! We've only been there two very brief times. One day at Magic Kingdom with in-laws in 1996 when our son was 2, and then in 2004 for one day at Animal Kingdom with Danny being 9 and all he wanted to do was hang out in Dinoland USA and go on Primeval Whirl over and over again, what a waste...we saw the bare bones of Expedition Everest being built. Some day we will go back for a longer look-see. We will want a trip report from you when you return!

We had late dining on our first two cruises and it was great in terms of not having to rush back to the ship, but we found we were too pooped after dinner to do anything but go to bed, so we missed a lot of the shows and stuff. So last cruise we decided to tried early seating and we all seemed to prefer it. You get the dining over with early.

Of course, if my East Coast cousin and her family decide to join us (they are still undecided), we may have to switch to late dining, because we'd want to be seated with them and I think there are no more early seatings available at this point.

How did you make that cool little sign in your signature Livin la vida Mickey?
I want on, I want one:rotfl2:

Didn't mean to be the first. I went on the website to make a payment and paid the entire balance by accident.

:yay: Looks like we are heading to the World for Thanksgiving this year!:yay:

Airfare is gonna KILL me though :scared1: We are used to paying around $220 total roundtrip per person and the lowest I can find thus far is $470!!!! OUCH! Good thing we can stay cheap and don't have to worry about admission cause' all my money is going to airfare.

My kids will be in their 1st yrs in middle and high school this fall so we have to vacation when they are out of school. I am REALLY looking forward to seeing the world decorated for Christmas...it will be our 1st time at the holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter