Auditions?

ArielinWonderland

Mouseketeer
I applied for the Fall 2013 program (for both resorts) and I'm thinking about going to an audition for a character performer role for WDW, though I don't have my heart set on getting a performer role.

My interview is in a few days, but the audition closest to me isn't till the end of March. For my last program, I only waited around 10 days between my interview and acceptance -- and even that felt too long!

If I tell them I am auditioning, will I have to wait until after auditions to find out if I am accepted, even if it is for another role, or can I be accepted for something else (like PhotoPass or attractions or something), and then if I make it through the audition, my role will change?

Thanks!

I applied for the Fall 2013 program (for both resorts) and I'm thinking about going to an audition for a character performer role for WDW, though I don't have my heart set on getting a performer role.

My interview is in a few days, but the audition closest to me isn't till the end of March. For my last program, I only waited around 10 days between my interview and acceptance -- and even that felt too long!

If I tell them I am auditioning, will I have to wait until after auditions to find out if I am accepted, even if it is for another role, or can I be accepted for something else (like PhotoPass or attractions or something), and then if I make it through the audition, my role will change?

Thanks!

They will accept you for another role, and once you go through the audition, then you will have your role changed if you are accepted as a character performer. Either way, you have to interview and pass that before you can become a character performer.

They will accept you for another role, and once you go through the audition, then you will have your role changed if you are accepted as a character performer. Either way, you have to interview and pass that before you can become a character performer.

Thanks!
So just to clarify, I won't have to wait longer than I might have to find out if I am accepted if I'm auditioning at a later date?

Also, does anyone here have experience as a character performer?
I have musical theatre experience (mostly singing and acting but some dance as well), but while I don't think I look like any of the face characters, I am quite short (~5'2"), so I thought I might have a shot at being a full-costumed character.

What is that like? What are the shifts like? Is it really awful to be in the costume? Do you miss actually getting to speak to guests, or is it rewarding enough to see guests smile when they meet you even though you can't react as yourself?

Also, does anyone here have experience as a character performer?
I have musical theatre experience (mostly singing and acting but some dance as well), but while I don't think I look like any of the face characters, I am quite short (~5'2"), so I thought I might have a shot at being a full-costumed character.

What is that like? What are the shifts like? Is it really awful to be in the costume? Do you miss actually getting to speak to guests, or is it rewarding enough to see guests smile when they meet you even though you can't react as yourself?

Character performers tend to get normal hours 8:30 to 5 PM, though you can end up with later hours towards midnight. Expect to work big holidays. All face characters do fur. Being a character performer does involve a lot of stress, but my roomie loves it. I am sure it is like any other job here - it is stressful but rewarding. Other people can answer your question further though.

If you love to perform, it is worth a shot.

What about the parades- are face/fur characters in the parades as characters, or do they have a shot at being parade dancers, too?

What about the parades- are face/fur characters in the parades as characters, or do they have a shot at being parade dancers, too?

Yes, parade dancers are included in the Entertainment role for the CP-this is a blog of a girl who was a dancer for parades in a recent program, if you're interested:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter