Attractive waist purse (aka fanny pack!)

KristinU

DIS Veteran
Hi DIS friends,

My friend and I were just talking about trying to find an attractive *ahem* fanny pack/waist purse. I started poking around then thought "I should try the DIS!" So here I am. Anyone find anything recently that looks good and stylish, can hold a few cards and cash,cell phone, car keys, and some lip balm and sunglasses?

TIA!!!

Vera Bradley used to make one, its called a Belt Bag. You can find several different patterns on eBay.

I have one and I use it when I go walking to hold my phone etc.

I will bring it to Disney now that you mention it! :)

militaryspousemouse said:
Vera Bradley used to make one, its called a Belt Bag. You can find several different patterns on eBay.

I have one and I use it when I go walking to hold my phone etc.

I will bring it to Disney now that you mention it! :)

I use the Vera Bradley ones also.

There is no such thing as an attractive fanny pack. Some are just less ugly than others.:p

Honestly, you hardly see anyone wearing fanny packs anymore. There are way to many cute and light weight cross body or tote bags out there! I used to wear a fanny pack, but have found a cross body bag to be much more comfortable. After a few days the fanny pack would start to bug me. Plus, I don't have to worry about my bag getting in the way of any ride seatbelts.

I had trouble with this, too. Most of the really cute bags I found had no or little organization to them, which doesn't work for me. No patience for rooting through a purse, no matter how small. So, I went with something more useful (for me) for my first WDW trip. Now I don't leave town without it.

Overland Equipment Bayliss bag

I also wear a small crossbody. They are my go-to in regular non-vacation life too! I have a small canvas crossbody that has a zipper close, room for balm, hand lotion, small sanitizer, KTTW, tissues. Nothing heavy but a fannypack (mind you I am 35) has always been hard to wear when it is hot for me. Disney is SOOO flexible with bringing items on rides so a crossbody has been fine. I do wear a fannypack at a rollercoaster park because of the carry on rules.

I agree with the VB though, they have nice patterns.

http://www.ebags.com/product/baggallini/walletbagg-large-crinkle-nylon/47357?productid=791917&sourceid=ADWPRODUCT&couponid=79248966&adtype=pla&gclid=CLe-4NrCwbQCFaN_QgodDkMAHg I've been using the Baggalini Large Wallet bag for many trips to DLR and will use it for WDW too. It can be worn several ways: Around the waist, cross body, or over the shoulder. The strap is adjustable. And I will change it around several times in one day. I like it because when I wear it around my waist, it doesn't look like a fanny pack. The camera and phone go in the outer pockets and inside there are two zipper pockets and some slots for FPs and APs and credit cards. Easy to grab things quick! The best part is I found it at Tuesday Morning for $20! But definately worth twice that to me!

i got a super cute lily bloom one this summer at tjmaxx/marshalls

I got a cute one at sears that was made by Lilly Bloom. Nice bright colors. We probably have the same one. I can't live without my waist pouch!! :)

I bought 2 Hipzbags. A small and a large. They work great and I intend to use the larger one while at WDW. It will fit my small camera, phone and a few cards and a Chapstick.

My daughter & I use string bags. We put our items in a clear plastic bag. When going through the baggage lines, we have had several bag checkers thank us. They can see everything very easily! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter