Attractions in Nassau

poag

Earning My Ears
I was wondering which attractions in nassau you guys recomend. It seems like there is a cool Pirates museum, is it any good? Which of the historical places in the city are the most interesting? Also, where should you eat lunch there(preferably something cheap)? Is there anything that you woud say that is a must-see attraction?

Oh the Pirates Museum is one of my favorite. Hubby and I did it on a whim and absolutly loved it :) You can walk there from the ship...when you get off the ship if you walk out to the main Shopping street (if you have never been there it is very easy to find don't worry) "Bay Street" cross to the other side of Bay Street and head to the right. Continue down Bay Street just past the Straw Market and look left (I believe it is George Street) you will see a Big Purple building That is the Pirates Musuem. The web page has a map (it is not a far walk at all and is all within the main shopping area so it completely safe).

Here is a link to their web page:

http://www.pirates-of-nassau.com/

We really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone that loves Pirates or just history in general. It is very well done, not a stuffy museum at all, they have a tour guide that is dressed for the time and you walk through sections of a replica Pirate ship while they are telling you about the "Pirates of nassau"

If you have any specific question I would love to try and answer them...

Since you have been there could you confirm my view of it that

a) It is easy to access
b) its not in some off part of the island
c) it is "safe" for 2 girls (20s) to visit for an hour or so (ie we wont be murdered as pirates or such while there)
d) that it is really neat and not to miss :)

I really want to go visit the museaum being a pirate at heart alas my friend is in the thralls of overprotected-only-child syndrome and her dad doesnt think we should get off the boat at nassau... But I dont think there is any harm in visitng the island for a few hours---

:) -em

LOL Disneyland_Emily :)

LOL...Didn't realize I was on Hubbies screen name :) This is Libertybelle replying :) :)

It is VERY easy to access... Just walk down the main shopping area "Bay Street" (to the right) and across the street from the straw market look down the cross street (I believe it is "George Street" to the left and you will see it it is a BIG purple building. Bay Street is where everyone will be it is very crowded as it is the main shopping area and there will be more than one cruise ship in port so it is very well populated.

No it is not in some off part of the island it is one block off of the main strip, yet still completely visible from the main strip.

It is perfectly safe. I have been to Nassau so many times I tend to get a little lax about safety. I have never felt unsafe in Nassau (that includes a 1:30am jaunt I took with my best friend when I was 22 years old sailing on Carnival). Know your surroundings walk with confidence (what I mean is when pepole approach you to try and sell you something walk like you know where you are going, even if you don't, say no thank you and don't stop). I personally feel more uncomfortable walking down the Las Vegas strip than I do in Nassau.

When I went to the museum I was 25 and hubby (fiance at the time) was 23. We both worked at Pirates of the Caribbean at MK and thought it would be neat to see the museum. We both categorized it as one of the highlights of our trip. It was fun, not a stuffy musuem, but a fun interactive walk through. We both left there wanting to know more about Blackbeard and his crew and I even started researching some of the female Pirates as the musuem really peeked my interest.

See I *was* right... Now to convince my friend :)

The main thing is to make her think that its *her* idea and not mine... :angel:

Thanks for the help- Is it May YET???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter