Attractions college program question

giggle33

Earning My Ears
Hi

Hi everyone so I recently applied for the Disney college program and I got accepted for attractions however I really was going for character performer but I have still yet to hear anything back from my audition so im assuming I didnt get it which is ok cause I wasnt really prepared for what we would be doing haha more of a musical theatre and play auditioner but I am still going down for attractions and am very excited my question is for a ride like the jungle cruise and The great movie ride I have always dreamed about being one of the people who gives the speeches during the ride and I wondered how they picked those people im coming down in june and I have four years of forensic competitive drama work under my belt so memorizing long speeches comes naturally to me and Im also a character actor and im good at like creating chracters on the spot and being really over the top I was wondering if we could enquire down their about these rides at like check in? any help would be great on that also I really wanna audition again for character performer because I feel more prepared now and have heard alot of different things that you can audition while you are down working can someone enlighten me to how that process all works and what you need to do to really get your foot in the door? i am very excited though and cant wait to start I know its going to be an amazing experience thanks for any help

oh and onemore thing i keep seeing people saying they are pending for character performer how does one find that out cause disney hasnt even sent me a cut email or anything

If they haven't sent you notification as to whether you passed your audition or not then you are pending for performer. So its really just a way to say I haven't heard anything about my audition yet. On the bright side recruiting said that they will be notifying everyone about CP auditions by Friday (tomorrow) and if you don't hear from them to contact them.

As for requesting a Spieling attraction you would need to do that before you get to check-in since they assign areas/attractions a few weeks before. Recruiting will be able to place you in an area, say Icon attractions at Studios but it is up to the individual management of that area to place you at your attraction. So in Icon you could get GMR (a spieling attraction) or American Idol Experience. From what I have heard the management don't see the notes that Recruiting has so they won't know you requested a spiel ride. I'm not positive if that is true but it sounds reasonable.

If you want to request a location you should email Disney CP Recruiting and put in a request. They won't guarantee it but it can't hurt to ask.

Also the only way to audition while you're on your CP is to attend the extension auditions, which will let you continue your program into the spring as a character performer if you pass.

If they haven't sent you notification as to whether you passed your audition or not then you are pending for performer. So its really just a way to say I haven't heard anything about my audition yet. On the bright side recruiting said that they will be notifying everyone about CP auditions by Friday (tomorrow) and if you don't hear from them to contact them.

As for requesting a Spieling attraction you would need to do that before you get to check-in since they assign areas/attractions a few weeks before. Recruiting will be able to place you in an area, say Icon attractions at Studios but it is up to the individual management of that area to place you at your attraction. So in Icon you could get GMR (a spieling attraction) or American Idol Experience. From what I have heard the management don't see the notes that Recruiting has so they won't know you requested a spiel ride. I'm not positive if that is true but it sounds reasonable.

If you want to request a location you should email Disney CP Recruiting and put in a request. They won't guarantee it but it can't hurt to ask.

I think you are right about the managers picking where to put you, and not recruiting. They will assign you your area and wherever the managers need you is where you will be. With, for example, sunset attractions, you could get Rockin' Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror. So if you wanted one of those, easier to get.

With Icon attractions (which is where Great Movie Ride is), you could be placed at Great Movie Ride, American Idol, Indiana Jones, Star Tours, or Muppets. So with that, it is a LOT harder to be placed in your requested attraction.

thanks everyone pretty much all im reading Ive been told or read so far haha i did make a request the other day and they noted it so we shall see haha I'll just have to work my way up and I do plan to extend my invite into the spring if Ido get the audition but I still havent got my cut email yet but if I do hopefully I can audition again cause I feel more prepared this time haha thank you once again everyone and if anyone is down their working this fall let me know I'd love to make some friends and get to know people I'm writing a book about the whole experience and what its like for future hopefuls so I wanna hear what people think I just hope I get the chance to eventually act while Im their cause thats why I'm going since its my major haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter