Attractions at DHS for a 4 year old

Ariel1977

Earning My Ears
DD is 4, and we plan to go to DHS for one day during our trip. I was looking at the attractions, and I was not sure which ones would be good for her.

Of course TSM, Beauty and the Beast and Disney Junior shows, Muppets, and the Voyage of the Little Mermaid would be a definite for her. I'm just not sure on the rest of them (such as the Great Movie ride).

Thanks in advance for your input!

The Great Movie Ride really depends on the child. My kids have never been bothered by it, but both of my nephews were scared witless by much of the ride. The same thing is true for the stunt shows. They can be exciting or scary depending on the child. There are several interesting places to wander and see things and meet characters however so it's still a great place to spend a day.

Last time we went my son was 3 and our friends had a 4 and 2 year old. All of the kids loved the Great Movie Ride, they didn't get the movie references but they all enjoyed the scenes. They were a little afraid on the backlot tour after the fire scene, thinking it would happen again. But, my son is terrified of fire and I didn't realize how much until then. We also liked the LMA show, even the girls enjoyed it but I know it wasn't their first choice.

We really had a full day there, but the shows took up a lot of time. We could have easily stayed longer but it was freezing that day and we were all cold and cranky.

Karenann

How tall is your 4 year old and how adventurous? We just got back and my just 4 year old boy and 6 year old girl loved Tower of Terror (height restriction of 40") or the Elevator as my 4 year old says. There is also Star Tours (also 40") When we went with my daughter when she was 4, we only did what you have plus Star Tours minus the Muppets. DS4 didn't like Star Tours, but my daughter did when she was 4. We made it a half day when DD was 4, but it was a full day this time because we had to see Lightin McQueen & Buzz, etc for my son.

The Great Movie ride you can skip. DD was a little scared of it at 4 (and she loved Splash Mountain at 4)

My daughter loved ToT and Star Tours at 3 yrs old. She was a daredevil! Depending on their height, and adventurousness, of course not all do. Not even all adults do :rotfl2: I can't imagine many kids being scared at Indy or LMA stunt shows. Of course all kids differ.

I would say the rides that would be okay could be: the great movie ride; toy story mania; tower of terror (if tall enough); might like Indiana Jones and Lights Camera Action and over and above the ones you've mentioned, art of animation would be good as cool, never crowded and the meet and greet.

Our DD has been on the Great Movie at least 3 times. Once at 12.5 months and twice at 18 months and we plan on doing it again at 2 in Oct. Also consider the Honey I Shrunk the kids playground so she can burn some energy. Indiana Jones might be a possibility too.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

How tall is your 4 year old and how adventurous? We just got back and my just 4 year old boy and 6 year old girl loved Tower of Terror (height restriction of 40") or the Elevator as my 4 year old says. There is also Star Tours (also 40") When we went with my daughter when she was 4, we only did what you have plus Star Tours minus the Muppets. DS4 didn't like Star Tours, but my daughter did when she was 4. We made it a half day when DD was 4, but it was a full day this time because we had to see Lightin McQueen & Buzz, etc for my son.

The Great Movie ride you can skip. DD was a little scared of it at 4 (and she loved Splash Mountain at 4)

Thanks everyone! DD is just about 39" and our trip is 50 days away. I think she would like any thrill ride (if tall enough) since she is quite a daredevil. I am so paranoid that if tall enough, she would fly out of Splash Mountain. Anyway, regarding DHS, thanks for your help. I think we'll try one of the louder rides and if she likes it, we'll do more. I am looking forward to meeting Phineas and Ferb more than anything!!

Thanks everyone! DD is just about 39" and our trip is 50 days away. I think she would like any thrill ride (if tall enough) since she is quite a daredevil. I am so paranoid that if tall enough, she would fly out of Splash Mountain. Anyway, regarding DHS, thanks for your help. I think we'll try one of the louder rides and if she likes it, we'll do more. I am looking forward to meeting Phineas and Ferb more than anything!!

Then I would say anything she can go on considering a height requirement would be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter