Attraction closure question

duckboyone

Mouseketeer
Hi all! New here. Planning a trip to Disneyland with the family in June (haven't been back for 6 years!). I noticed on another website some attractions that are closed for refurbishment, specifically: Tarzan, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Grizzly River Run. As for when they will reopen, it says "TBD" for every one of them.

Is it safe to say they will all be reopened by late June? All four of those are attractions that we LOVE and don't want to miss them.

Ride and attraction have a fairly consistent maintenance schedule. Some under a major refurb. Best to go on the Disneyland app and to the calendar. Can see up to April 14 currently, that day scheduled Finding Nemo Subs, Tarzan treehouse. Pirates, and Luigi’s…and Welcome!!

There is a forum on this site for Disneyland. I would post your question there, because you are more likely to reach people who would know these answers.

Your question has been moved to the Disneyland board as people here will be much more able to assist you.

Have fun!

I noticed on another website some attractions that are closed for refurbishment, specifically: Tarzan, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Grizzly River Run. As for when they will reopen, it says "TBD" for every one of them.
Haunted Mansion was closed to change back over from the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay and has already reopened.
Splash Mountain reopens on March 8th.
Grizzly River Run reopens on March 31st.
The Sailing Ship Columbia reopens on March 26th.
The Disneyland Monorail reopens on March 7th.
Tarzan's Treehouse and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage have no current expected reopening dates.

Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters will be closed from April 11 with no released reopening date (it just went on the refurb schedule -- it will likely reopen by June).
Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed from March 14th through "Summer."
Toontown will be closed from March 9th through "early 2023."

Hope this helps. For at least some of these attractions, the Disneyland app will have "Pardon Our Pixie Dust" info in the ride description that contains a reopening date (when available).

Haunted Mansion was closed to change back over from the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay and has already reopened.
Tarzan's Treehouse and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage have no current expected reopening dates.

Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters will be closed from April 11 with no released reopening date (it just went on the refurb schedule -- it will likely reopen by June).

Hope this helps. For at least some of these attractions, the Disneyland app will have "Pardon Our Pixie Dust" info in the ride description that contains a reopening date (when available).
Thank you Ladyslug!

Dang, the Pirates reopening being so ambiguous really worries me, we're meeting family there and that is our favorite ride. We even got POTC beanies for everyone to wear while we all ride on it. Crossing my fingers on that one. I hope Tarzan is open this summer as well. Walking through Adventureland listening to the Tarzan music is one of my favorite things to do...

I am sorry for jumping on, just worried about Pirates as well. I thought it was down for routine maintenance? March 14 through summer seems excessive for that... I did just check the calendar and it is listed as down for refurbishment as far as it goes, which right now is April 20.

Was hoping it would be okay for the chaos that will be April 22 weekend.

Just hoping for some information I may be missing. Thanks!

I am sorry for jumping on, just worried about Pirates as well. I thought it was down for routine maintenance? March 14 through summer seems excessive for that... I did just check the calendar and it is listed as down for refurbishment as far as it goes, which right now is April 20.

On the attraction page it says through early summer. It’s been a minute since it’s had a lengthy refurbishment so they usually rotate through the rides when they have to do that.

I can't remember who or in which thread, but a couple of people reported calling Disney and the CMs were saying June, but I don't know if that's fact or if those CMs were guessing.

I'm with you, hoping it would be open for the April 22 weekend because that's when we will be there! Kind of scared for the crowds! Need more rides to spread them out to!

Yeah, we are bummed about POTC. We were looking forward to our kids seeing the better version of the ride at DL (having grown up with the POTC "lite" version at WDW. While we love both, DL wins imo!)

Not a trip killer by any means, but I'm pretty sure "early summer" ain't gonna be mid-May! Just hoping that it is the only major attraction down at that time.

potc is not routine maintenance - they are removing the two diseased trees in front. It'll likely be a lengthy closure and I am already assuming it'll be down for my early June trip.

Oh, I see. That's really too bad. We haven't been in years (2008!) and are just now seriously thinking about using our April 2020 tickets. Of course, Pirates is the very favourite attraction. But if we don't go this April we don't know when we will get to go (likely not till 2024?) so I don't think this will be a trip-killer either. Splash may not be there when we do get to go next time, but Pirates will. Though it may change, it's not going to go away.

Just sucks is all.

Wow, all that time during covid they could have been working on this....So No date to reopen for the first non Covid summer (hopefully) on POTC, Roger Rabbit, and Nemo?

Yes, it was originally "winter 2021", then "winter" and now the timeframe has been removed entirely. So no idea on the reopening of that, but I would bet maybe early summer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter