attn:Pittsburgh PA disers!

12disneybee

Mouseketeer
Shop n save has the 20cent gas perks on all
gift cards including Disney! Don't forget you can pay your trip with gift cards, by phone if your using multiple giftcards. You can use Disney gift cards for eeverything Disney. .tips...food...giftshop...payments..tickets...
restaurants.. for every $50 spent in Disney gift cards you get $6 free gas. I'm getting $996 in free gas for our trip. ..we use lots of gas.lol
Giant eagle should be offering this Thursday as well if history repeats itself... they usually do all gift cards 20cent perks end of July for 3 weeks.

I emailed disney, payment due 7/26 but won't be canceled until next week so bought myself some a few dsys to get more gift cards for the payment and it's in writing about they won't cancel my FD
Ressie.

Shop n save has the 20cent gas perks on all
gift cards including Disney! Don't forget you can pay your trip with gift cards, by phone if your using multiple giftcards. You can use Disney gift cards for eeverything Disney. .tips...food...giftshop...payments..tickets...
restaurants.. for every $50 spent in Disney gift cards you get $6 free gas. I'm getting $996 in free gas for our trip. ..we use lots of gas.lol
Giant eagle should be offering this Thursday as well if history repeats itself... they usually do all gift cards 20cent perks end of July for 3 weeks.

I don't think that's how that works, sorry! For every $50 spent, you receive $0.20 off of a gallon of gas. So with gas around $3.00 a gallon in Pittsburgh, every $750 spent in gift cards, you receive a full tank for free. You also have to redeem the pump perks in PA, that's one of their stipulations. Be careful with this too!! Once you use your pump perks once (So if you end up having $10.00 off a gallon of gas), it resets to zero and you lose all of your other $$ off.

You could not be more incorrect. .
I've done this for years
for every $50 spent on Disney gift cards, I get $6.00 worth of gas for free...
.20 cents per gallon X 30 gallons = $6.00
If my trip is $8,000.00 ....
$8,000.00÷50=160x.20x30=$960 in gas
You DO NOT lose your gas perks...you have 3 months, nothing is reset, it deducts only for that encounter your balance remains
I've done this with Southwest airfare and southwest
Gift cards and Disney for at least 3 trips ....
as for redeeming in PA, hence my title, Pittsburgh, PA disers..

Last edited:

I have a friend that paid her $40,000 wedding in Marriott gift cards...$4800 in free gas...she shared her perks card with her entire family! !!!!

We also take advantage of this. When they go to .20 (instead of the normal .10) we always get a $500 one. That gives us $2 off/gallon for 30 gallons so we save $60. On top of that I use my credit card that gets 1% back, so there is another $5 saved. While I'm still paying the $500 for the gift card, its like paying $435 for a $500 card (a 13% savings), not bad at all.

We use our Southwest credit card and for every $5000.00 we get $50... we pay it off immediately

Looked in Giant Eagle ad and did not see anything about $0.20 for Disney gift cards. Shop'n save closed here a few years ago. Bummer.

Hopefully Giant eagle starts 20cent perks next week
you can always buy yourself time with payment by reducing reservation to one guest, minimum ticket and minimum dining...pay that then change it when giant eagle gift card perks go to 20cents

You DO NOT lose your gas perks...you have 3 months
I'm confused; do the gas perks expire or not? You said you do not lose them, but then immediately say you have three months.

Also, is it cumulative? Or does it max out? The Kroger fuel perks max at at $1.00/gallon. So, if a $50 purchase gives you a $0.20 discount, how much can you stack that? Is all that gas really free, or do you have to purchase some to get some free? I think you're leaving out a whole lot of important details.

We've been keeping an eye on GE waiting for their gift cards to kick up to .20. Fingers crossed! And this is kind of off topic, but just out of pure curiosity if you don't mind sharing, what type of vehicle has a 30 gallon tank? I always feel a little shorted because between our two cars, our biggest tank is only 13 gallons so we don't get as much of a savings, but I still do it- why not?! :flower1:

I'm confused; do the gas perks expire or not? You said you do not lose them, but then immediately say you have three months.

Also, is it cumulative? Or does it max out? The Kroger fuel perks max at at $1.00/gallon. So, if a $50 purchase gives you a $0.20 discount, how much can you stack that? Is all that gas really free, or do you have to purchase some to get some free? I think you're leaving out a whole lot of important details.

Can't tell about Shop N Save, but at Giant Eagle the gas is really free. I have had $5 or more in fuel perks, so if gas is $3/gallon I get 30 gallons free and have $2 left over for the next fill-up. They do expire 3 months after you earn them, so we usually try to redeem once a month. We fill up DH's car, have 3 - 5 gallon gas cans, and use those to put gas in my car at home.

disneypanda11...Since you ask... 2005 Chevy Express G3500 12 passenger van. 30 gallon gas tank. Got about 10 mpg. :(

Hope Giant Eagle has $.20 fuel perks next week. :)

You have 3 months to use fuel perks at GE-I think the OP response was to a PP who said if you had more than the cost of gas on your account it would all be used in a single transaction. The 30 gallons must be used in a single transaction though so if you don't have a large gas tank you would need to bring and fill gas cans to maximize the savings like the OP. I am not aware of any cumulative limits. No you do not have to purchase anything to redeem fuel perks you have on your GE advantage card-the limitation are up to a max of 30 gallons per transaction and only 1 vehicle (but can use gas cans too) If anyone has the reg American Express blue card you get 3% back at grocery stores and 6% with the preferred blue card (but I think that maxes out at $6,000 then you only get 1% back)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter