Attn: NYC ~ Bahamas cruisers! Port Canaveral and NYC Port Adventures are out!

Am I reading this right?? The park excursion prices show 'included'. It says nothing about purchasing tickets to the parks. So, a park hopper pass is automatically included for all cruise passengers when you book and then you just choose which transportation you want to take? All free??? Seems too good to be true.

Am I reading this right?? The park excursion prices show 'included'. It says nothing about purchasing tickets to the parks. So, a park hopper pass is automatically included for all cruise passengers when you book and then you just choose which transportation you want to take? All free??? Seems too good to be true.

The park hopper ticket & ground transportation has always been included with these sailings. It was advertised when the itineraries were 1st released.

Yes, a park hopper ticket is included in the cruise for each person.

Yes, a park hopper ticket is included in the cruise for each person.

Wow - that is a great perk of this itinerary. We have a dummy booking hanging out there so I'm really hoping they will announce more NYC sailings for 2013!

Wow - that is a great perk of this itinerary. We have a dummy booking hanging out there so I'm really hoping they will announce more NYC sailings for 2013!

I hear a big Disney announcement is scheduled for tonight during Dick Clarks show - I hope it involves Magic/Wonder 2013 itineraries

It's not free - it's included in the price of the cruise! You pay for it even if you don't want to spend the day at WDW.

It's not free - it's included in the price of the cruise! You pay for it even if you don't want to spend the day at WDW.

true, so folks that may chose to stay on ship, or even worse, PAY for one of the other excursions such as the Kennedy Space Center day are kind of getting the short end of the stick. Perhaps there should be a credit back if you don't go to WDW? just a thought

true, so folks that may chose to stay on ship, or even worse, PAY for one of the other excursions such as the Kennedy Space Center day are kind of getting the short end of the stick. Perhaps there should be a credit back if you don't go to WDW? just a thought

I would imagine that most people who booked this cruise did so because of the close proximity to WDW. However, in addition to those who don't want to go to WDW, I'm sure there will also be some people onboard who have WDW annual passes and don't need a one-day park hopper. Maybe those guests could get a WDW merchandise gift card instead - similar to what was done in 2009 for those who went to the parks on their birthday.

We don't all use everything that is included in our cruises. Some of us don't go to the shows, some don't use the dining rooms, some don't go to the clubs. No one gets credit for those included activities that aren't used so I highly doubt DCL would give guests credit if they chose not to go to WDW. The parkhoppers cost them NOTHING except the bus ride there and its highly probable that we will spend money at the parks in food and merchandise. So they basically have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Just my two cents in how the execs might think. We were just in WDW last week so we could give the parks a miss and if they gave us credit we'd probably go to Kennedy space centre. However, we'll go to the parks because its included, and yes, we will spend money.

I still look forward to it even though I know it will be hot and crowded.

Oh, I'm looking forward to it alright! In fact, I plan on spending extra money to ensure fast pass status all day long to make the most out of my one day

How are you going to spend extra money to ensure fast pass status? Do you mean one of the tours?

We don't all use everything that is included in our cruises. Some of us don't go to the shows, some don't use the dining rooms, some don't go to the clubs. No one gets credit for those included activities that aren't used so I highly doubt DCL would give guests credit if they chose not to go to WDW. The parkhoppers cost them NOTHING except the bus ride there and its highly probable that we will spend money at the parks in food and merchandise. So they basically have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I don't think the "included" day at WDW is in the same league as shows or activities on the ship. A trip to WDW from Port Canaveral is basically an excursion that DCL has decided everyone will pay for in their cruise price - whether or not they want to go there. If it were an option like other excursions, they could sell a one-day park hopper for $127.80 (adult)/$121.41 (child), plus an extra charge for transportation.

we can't book port adventures until May. what are they for NYC?

go to disneycruise.com

and then under cruises and destinations you can choose port adventures. There you can choose New York and see them all...

I won't be watching but please come let us know if they do!!!

The BIG announcement was that Disney Parks will be open 24 hours on February 29th.
That was it. Great idea if you happen to be at the parks for that date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter