• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Attleboro, MA...

leebee

DIS Veteran
Does anybody have any information about Attleboro or the surrounding area? DD's boyfriend is seriously interested in a job in Attleboro and they are wondering what it's like. I grew up on Boston's North Shore, but don't really know much about the areas south of Boston. Where in the area would you live? TIA.

Last edited:
Attleboro and North Attleboro are becoming poplular suburbs as its only 45 mins or so into,Boston. Generally both are safe towns. I think the schools are good and there is lots of shopping.

I have never lived in either but shop and visit the towns often.

Attleboro and North Attleboro are becoming poplular suburbs as its only 45 mins or so into,Boston. Generally both are safe towns. I think the schools are good and there is lots of shopping.

I have never lived in either but shop and visit the towns often.
I live in Norton, which is next to Attleboro. My husband worked in Attleboro for 35 years at Texas Instruments. There are good and bad areas, as is true in most areas. A large apartment cmplex was just built next to us, and is right off of route 495. It is on route 123, which goes straight into Attleboro. The web site is liveeastmain.com. They look very nice. There is a nice mall and lots of stores nearby. You are near both Providence and Boston, as well as right off route 95.
Denise

I grew up about 25 mins from Attleboro and now live in Providence which is very close to Attleboro is well.
The parts I know are mostly the high-traffic shopping areas on the main routes. But I have been to some nice developments in other parts as well as some not so nice parts.
Providence is a fun little city and much more affordable than Boston and other bigger cities around. It's only about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown Providence into Attleboro. Of course, we have our good areas and bad areas too :)

I used to live southwest of Boston. Mansfield, Sharon, Walpole, and Canton are examples of some nice towns that are 25 minutes or so from Attleboro, and I'd pick one of those just because they felt quieter to me. It's not like I spent much time in Attleboro though, so maybe my impression is skewed by the parts I saw. I agree with the previous poster's comments about Providence. It's a nice little city.

Many of the towns in that part of the state are nice, but I live on the North Shore now and like it a lot more. I did love how convenient it was to get into Boston by train down there, though.

Grew up in RI and moved across the line to Seekonk. It's a great little town right near Attleboro and taxes are decent. I live in a quiet neighborhood but minutes away from shops like Target and a short 15 minute ride into providence.

I used to live southwest of Boston. Mansfield, Sharon, Walpole, and Canton are examples of some nice towns that are 25 minutes or so from Attleboro, and I'd pick one of those just because they felt quieter to me.

Agreed. I would also recommend Easton & Bridgewater.

I recently moved to Attleboro and honestly love it so far. I'm about a mile from the train station and walk there 3 days a week to commute into Boston for work. Like a PP said, like any town, there are nice and not so nice areas (the area right by the train seems a little sketchy but I've never felt unsafe--granted my path is from the south of the train and as I understand, north of the train is where there has been drug-related crime).
It is incredibly affordable in terms of rent--I pay $950 for a large 2 bedroom apartment that's walking distance from the trains, restaurants, and a few grocery marts and pharmacies. I'm also about a mile from 95, which is very convenient. I love being close to Providence and am only 45 minutes to Logan airport (with no traffic). Foxboro is super close if they like football--I actually go to Patriots Place for my grocery shopping. They have the best Trader Joe's! Any stores you could possibly need are within a 15 minute radius of Attleboro.
North Attleboro also has a cute downtown area, and I like Mansfield too. Both are more expensive than Attleboro, and for me, being within walking distance of the train was important. (NA doesn't have its own train and I couldn't find anything in Mansfield).
What I love about Attleboro is that people seem to be out and about a lot--during that freak 70 degree day a few weeks back, so many parents were out walking around with their kids. People were just out enjoying the nice weather. I never really saw that when I lived in CT. It's really is a city with character.
OP, feel free to ask me any more specific questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter