• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Attention WDW YOMD Winners: When, where and what did you win

Our family won dream fastpasses on Feb 27 around 11am exiting from Maelstrom (sp?) in Norway (epcot).:cool1:

I won the tinkerbell one to keep/one to give pins in hollywood studios..feb 28... can't remember the time... afternoon..from a photopass photographer who noticed my tinkerbell shirt. :tinker:

I don't know if this is a dream or a regular thing? We were family of the day at the garden grill on feb 25, we got glowy ice cubes and met the chef. it was cool anyway :)

A CM at capn jacks gave my girls glowing tinkerbells (usually you have to purchase a special drink to get them). I think that was just her being nice though :)

We have never won anything but on our last night in the World while waiting for the Spectromagic parade to begin my daughter and a CM we joking around with each for about 20 minutes or so and when she found out it was our first time in th World she gave my DD a pin and told my DD it was from Tinkerbell...well since Tinkerbell is her favorite character she was very excited and will not let anyone touch that pin...

Our party of 6 (and the rowsin front and behind us) won park fast passes for MGM/Hollywood Studios as we entered the seating queue for The Great Movie Ride at about 10 am.

Let's see...

On 9/7/07 our boys were selected to be Cruise Directors for Small World. It was right at the end of the Little Ones Magical Beginnings hour at Magic Kingdom.

On 9/9/07 we won Dream Fastpasses on the walkway to Mexico at Epcot. Elton handed them to us. I want to say it was around 11:30am.

On 9/10/07 we were selected as the family to start the Tiki room show. I want to say that is was around 4pm in the afternoon.

:goodvibes We won a pair of ears by mailing in post cards and then we were chosen as family of the day outside of Crystal Palace where we had lunch ressies. It was such a nice treat to be greeted at the door by Pooh himself. Then we were treated to biscuits and honey(from his personal supply) my dd(9) and ds(6) thought it was something special. The ears came to us in Feb. 07 and we were at MK in early May '07.

Could you PM me the info on sending the postcards. I recently read about this, but can't for the life of me remember where.

We had a few small dreams.
We were picked as family of the day on 3/03/08 at the Garden Grill at 4:30. We got the flashing ice cubes for our drinks, we got to see the characters first and all at once. We got a free appetizer, ( a salad) and to try a new dish that is to be added to the menu this week. We also got to signe the family of the day book.
On 3/04/08 our DD was given a Toink pin. She was acutally offered another one the next day too, but she said she had one already.
We went to dinner at whispering Canyon and DD was given a princess sash made of stickers. LOL!

On 3/05/08 we went to Fort Wilderness for the hoop Dee doo show and DD was chosen to ring the bill to start the show and invite everyone in. She got a certificate for doing that.
On 3/06/08 we were chosen as family of the show for the playhouse Disney show (first show of the day) We got to go in first without waiting in line, and chose where we wanted to sit. DD also recieved a certificate for that and it was signed by several characters.

On Saturday we won Epcot special dream time event passes getting on the boat at WS near Morocco. They allowed us to stay in the park (Futureworld) an extra hour after closing. It was between 12 and 1 I think.

On Saturday we won Epcot special dream time event passes getting on the boat at WS near Morocco. They allowed us to stay in the park (Futureworld) an extra hour after closing. It was between 12 and 1 I think.

How fun. It was 12:30. We were talking with a dream team member around noon when he got the call to go to Morocco with the passes. It was sooo cold that night. Did you stay?

Tara and I won 2008 Dream Ears yesterday as we exited Living with the Land in EPCOT. It was approx. 2:30pm.

Funny the two dreams we have won have both been in EPCOT, last year we won the Pin Lanyards in Innoventions at Fantastic Plastics game.

Our Family Won Dream Fastpasses Sept 22nd at then MGM Studios at approx 10:30 am in Walt Disney: one Man's Dream.
We were so excited, we had been hoping since the beginning of our trip and got one the second to last day we were there!

Our family won a small magical moment, but it was perfect for us. In September about 7:15 pm, our DS wanted to ride Dumbo! The wait was 60 minutes and we knew he wouldn't make it more than 20. A cast member was standing at the entrance and I asked her is 60 minutes was the real wait time and she said it was. Then she began talking to our son who doesn't talk to anyone outside of the family or long term friends, but she tried. She asked him if he had a pilot license, he shook his head and hid behind me. She told him that he was an honorary Dumbo Pilot and took us to the front of the line! We were stunned, I cried because this small moment was all we needed to make our day! We have the certificate and license put away for him to remember the moment!

We won lanyards on 1/1/08 at Animal Kingdom at 8:05am. It was pretty cool!

How fun. It was 12:30. We were talking with a dream team member around noon when he got the call to go to Morocco with the passes. It was sooo cold that night. Did you stay?

No we didn't. We're local and weren't dressed for the night temps. We gave them to a nice couple we met.

We were exiting Living With the Land and won the dream time event passes...it was cold, but we stayed for the extra hour and it was soooo much fun! Mickey and Minnie drove into the Mission: Space Courtyard in a Test Track car....Pluto and Goofy and Chip and Dale were all there. My son rode Test Track 3 times then went on Mission Space and we were also able to ride Soarin' with no waits. Mickey and Minnie waved good night to everyone exiting the park from their tour bus.:love:

I won the dual Disneyland/Disney World High School Musical 3 Premiere Vacations on 3/12/08 at 2:44pm at the Winnie The Pooh ride. First Car exiting, first rowm first seat.....

To be honest I had never heard of the Year of a Million Dreams contest until I was shuffled off to a private office for the paperwork and forms.

I am sad to say that I was a little rude starting out because I thought they were trying to hard sell me a timeshare!!! Boy was I wrong.

My 3 year old and her 7 year old cousin will have a blast in both Claifornia and Florida.

I won the dual Disneyland/Disney World High School Musical 3 Premiere Vacations on 3/12/08 at 2:44pm at the Winnie The Pooh ride. First Car exiting, first rowm first seat.....

To be honest I had never heard of the Year of a Million Dreams contest until I was shuffled off to a private office for the paperwork and forms.

I am sad to say that I was a little rude starting out because I thought they were trying to hard sell me a timeshare!!! Boy was I wrong.

My 3 year old and her 7 year old cousin will have a blast in both Claifornia and Florida.

I am so jealous! We were there the week before and tode the pooh ride a couple of times! Shame on you, that should be mine! :lmao: :rotfl2: LOL! Just kidding of course. Congrats. :worship: Thats a great prize! :wizard: :wizard:

In October of 2007 my daughter was selected to "Welcome everyone" at the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. She loved it and got a special certificate. Later in the trip she also received the special Tink pin as well.

On 3/8/08 we were in the front of the line for turtle talk with crush when I saw the dream team there. I just assumed that they were going to be giving out fast passes. Boy was I wrong! We won the extra dream hour!!!!!!! I was so excitied. The funny thing is that we almost didn't go to Epcot on that day. It was so cold and windy that day that we almost switched parks and went to DHS instead. :scared1: Thank goodness we didn't because it was really great! Sure we were cold and freezing but it was so special and wonderful. They even had a dance party and my daughter was in her glory. Mickey and Minnie rode in on a test track vehicle! What a great night! :thumbsup2

MGM -December 2007 Skipping (Yes Dd & I were being silly and really skipping along while poor DH just follows putting up with the silliness) by the hat around 12:30 got to be the grand marshalls at the cars & stars Parade and VIPS for the day

AK free ice cream 3 times Oct, Nov, Dec, 2007 all while roaming around various places ( after the safari ride, after the Nemo show and after Lion King)

Epcot-All over various countries in WS - DD has gotten all kinds of special goodies in WS - cookies, ice cream, special letters/certificates.
Japan: origami hello kitty, Mexico: free churro, free ice cream in Future world
france: certificate YOMD special day etc..
all different days, times and places

DD has gotten all 4 tinkerbell pins given to her by CM's in Epcot Future World, AK ( Africa) around 2 p.m for caring about animals , MGM in January when she let a real little girl who was crying & tired go ahead of her for a meet and greet, and MK for being nice to a CM and thaking them for working at Disney so she could have fun.

MK June 8- 9:30 pooh ride- dream fast passes and got a certificate for becoming a residednt of 100 acre wood. Pics with pooh and friends.

May 2007 10:30 ears at MK when we were at the bakery on main street :love: that place!

Lots of Button pins and what I call Promo stuff-buttons and magnets from movies etc..

we got ears in AK in the area where Stitch usually is, there is a section that you can look at ducks and flamingos and they were giving everyone passing through ears. My daughter was sleeping in the stroller with Grandma so they woulnd't give her any since "she" wasn't in the right place at the right time. The only weird thing was they told us we were a magical family and told us to follow them, but when they got into the open they all spread out and went different ways, leaving me thinking *** just happened. I thought for sure I was going to get something else but then my dream ended.

On a lighter note earlir in the day my daugher who is 3 was crying in the stroller because she was over tired and fighting with her brother, a cast nmember came up and gave her a minnie mouse pin for no reason at all.

I have to say I saw more YOMD cast members at AK.

Also When my kids were eating popsicles we sat down next to a family who was completing paperwork, although i couldn't tell what they won, it was something big. I don't know where they were in the park but it must have been someplace close by. The tables were by Yak & Yeti

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter