Attention Super Traders! I've got some pin questions!

Lil' Doodle

Earning My Ears
Having returned from WDW I've picked up some interesting pins and would like to know anything you can tell me about them (availibility, value, trivial facts, etc.). OK, here come the questions.

1. Pin of Scrooge McDuck on a pile of gold coins holding one in his hand
What I have heard about it: It is a cast lanyard pin, and I heard that Disney was probably not going to release it but it might just have been a rumor.

2. Pin with Ariel and Eric on it and the words Ariel and Prince Eric at the top
What I have heard about it: It is a movie pin available at the Disney Store, but I'd like to know how much they were.

3. Map Pin with the marketplace on it and the word Marketplace at the top
What I have heard about it: It is a cast member exclusive and is in a set with 2 other pins of Pleasure Island, and Westside. It is a LE but the number made on the back was rubbed off.

4. Pin that says Hyperion Lounge on it with a picture of what looks like a waterfall
What I have heard about it: It is from Japan.

5. Grey pin that looks kind of like the wings kids get when they take their first ride in a airplane, says Condor Flights on it
What I have heard about it: It is from California. (I traded it for the Marketplace pin mentioned above. Was that a good trade?)

6. Pin with Peter pan and Cinderella's Castle on it, says Make the Dream Come True Walt Disney World at the bottom
What I have heard about it: It is an American Express White Glove Vacation Package pin.

7. Pin with the outline of Mickey's head at the top, says 407.828.1000 Jobline.
What I have heard about it: It is a cast member exclusive.

I've seen a few pins that are a dark gold or silver color all over. (One I saw has Mickey with a top hat.) What are they?

How many LE pins are produced to make it considered rare?

Please help me with any of the items that you can. Thanks!

-Lil' Doodle

You know, you can read a lot of info regarding edition numbers, rarity, etc. at http://www.dizpins.com
Just look up the link for "Pinpics" and type in keywords describing your pins in a search string.

The thing about LEs... I suppose an edition of 20,000 will leave many on the racks for a while, as opposed to an edition of 1,000. I often suspect some rack pins were issued in very limited, not numbered editions, as many seem to be harder to find than LEs.

Their value? Depends on their demand. If there is a market for your pin, there will be someone willing to pay almost anything for it. On the other hand, you may log on to an auction site and find a formerly expensive pin going for peanuts, merely because it isn't the hottest thing out anymore. In fact, most pins value (in terms of auction price) goes down with time.

A few times I lost auctions when the pins went well over my highest bid. days later, I found them for less than $10.00!

So their value is volatile and relative.

Wanda

I have seen some of these pins on the auction sites too. You may want to browse Ebay or Yahoo Auctions. But you normally will find the most accurate info on Pinpics.
Happy trading!:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter