Attention recent Magic Cruisers.......

platinumcruzer

Addicted to DCL
With all the movement of servers to the DREAM....some of our favorites have left the magic. Who have you had recently as servers and head servers that made your experience magical?:yay:

Zan...headwaiter...he has been making our cruises magical for...7 or 8 years now? I think in all these years cruising DCL, he stands out the most. And can that man hug or what?? :lovestruc

Dave...the man who runs the fun...if you haven't seen Dave in a tutu, you haven't lived! :rotfl2:

Maximillian...bartender...last seen at the Promenade Lounge.

Felipsandro...room steward extrodinaire...just had him our second time...fantastic! Went out of his way to make different towel animals than normal bc we cruised so often. :worship:

But there were many faces missing this March...hopefully some of them may return...

Andrae & Kumong (spelling?) were awesome servers! We really enjoyed talking with them & getting to know them. We are requesting them for our next cruise.
They made our magical cruise even more magical! :)

We were first time cruisers on the Magic in Late February. I too thought Zan was impressive after all the talk about "absent" head waiters. I wasn't sure what to expect though. He chatted with us each night, and the family sharing our table who cruised a lot said they had never seen a head waiter so visible as Zan.

Subhash was a fabulous server and sounds like he has been around for years. It shows. He knew the answers to everything, knew how to interact with the kids and still got the job done. He mentioned he may be moving to the Dream and hoping to move up to Head Server.

Our room attendant was Novlett from Jamaica and she was also exceptional. She knew everything we needed even before I did.

We LOVED our server ANA...our assistant server RICKY...and the head server BOOHLA (or maybe spelled Buhlaa). They made our recent Magic cruise (3/26 Eastern) extra-magical!! :yay:
Also...SYLVESTER at Palo is amazing!!

Our Head waiter was Pascal. He stopped by each evening to say hello. Leasa and Benny were our Server/Assistant Server's. I loved both of them.

Our stateroom host was Vangie. She was nice, but we didn't have much contact with her.

One of favorite crew members was Nur who is a bartender at Sessions.

We just cruised last week.

Our Head Server last year was Nondu. She's a lovely person and really worked hard to make sure we were happy.

Last year on the Magic we had the great pleasure :worship: to be guests of Rexson, who moved to the Dream.

Those of you who see him there, enjoy!

We were first time cruisers on the Magic in Late February. I too thought Zan was impressive after all the talk about "absent" head waiters. I wasn't sure what to expect though. He chatted with us each night, and the family sharing our table who cruised a lot said they had never seen a head waiter so visible as Zan.

Subhash was a fabulous server and sounds like he has been around for years. It shows. He knew the answers to everything, knew how to interact with the kids and still got the job done. He mentioned he may be moving to the Dream and hoping to move up to Head Server.

Our room attendant was Novlett from Jamaica and she was also exceptional. She knew everything we needed even before I did.

Headwaiters are known for being elusive. But you will see Zan all over the dining room every night...helping out where needed, chatting with everyone. Definitely the hardest working headwaiter I've ever known...well, except for maybe Jeff, but he's gone now.

We had Subhash on our last cruise, also...he was great!

Hi,

We had Dobo and Dibo (?) on our cruise last week of Feb. They were great! Dobo was amazing at getting tons of things out of the kitchen and Dibo was a great entertainer for the kids.

Our Head Server last year was Nondu. She's a lovely person and really worked hard to make sure we were happy.

Nondu is now on the Dream. We had her last week on the 3/27 cruise. She was wonderful as we had a brand new asst server who was not that great. Nondu came around after the first dinner and asked us how our service was. We told her about the issues with the asst. server and she was on top of it the next three nights. Our server Constatin really worked hard to pick up the slack and Nondu made sure thngs ran smoothly the rest of our cruise.

Andrae & Kumong (spelling?) were awesome servers! We really enjoyed talking with them & getting to know them. We are requesting them for our next cruise.
They made our magical cruise even more magical! :)

I second them! They were amazing. I am a foodie, and Andre was able to guide me to delish dishes each night. If we are ever on the same ship with them again, I definitely will request them!

Anyone know if Ali is a server on the Dream, or if he and his wife (also a server) are still on the Magic?

Marista was AMAZING! I cried the last evening (& morning) when I hugged her goodbye!

Most of these names are foreign. Are the cruises like World Showcase? Do they purposely bring in other nationalities, or is it just coincidence?

Nondu is now on the Dream. We had her last week on the 3/27 cruise. She was wonderful as we had a brand new asst server who was not that great. Nondu came around after the first dinner and asked us how our service was. We told her about the issues with the asst. server and she was on top of it the next three nights. Our server Constatin really worked hard to pick up the slack and Nondu made sure thngs ran smoothly the rest of our cruise.

Good to know. Perhaps our paths will cross again when we are on the Dream in July. She really is a good Head Server.

Most of these names are foreign. Are the cruises like World Showcase? Do they purposely bring in other nationalities, or is it just coincidence?

We had Johann as our stateroom host, Giuseppe as our server and Siri as our assistant server. It was so wonderful to be able to interact with so many people from different parts of the world on such a close basis! It really felt a lot like Epcot now that you have mentioned it, except that you get to know everyone so much more! Everyone was so nice and so helpful! I don't know if the employees from other countries are brought in intentionally or if it is just coincidence, but it is great!! I would love to work for DCL!

Esther from Trindad and Tobago Rocks! We had her in the Baltic as our asst and she has been promoted to server since. I still keep in touch with her.

Anyone know if Ali is a server on the Dream, or if he and his wife (also a server) are still on the Magic?

Ali and his wife are still on the Magic! We had him last January (2010) and then requested him for January 2011. He is our FAVORITE! :) My kids love him!

Zan (pronounced like the French "Jean", which is what his name tag used to say) was our server back in 2004, was serving the celebrities and CEOs in 2005, was promoted to trainer by 2007, and then to head waiter by 2009. We cruise on the Magic every few years, and he recognizes us, remembers our names and always comes to say hello whether he is our waiter/head waiter or not. As our server back in 2004, he introduced himself and Marin, our assistant server, and while I could hear the "excellent" mantra from the servers around us, he paused at that point and said that it was his goal to make our experience "magical". And so he did: one night one of our girls asked for the cherry out of the other one's drink, and even though child #2 doesn't like cherries, she refused. He noted this exchange from the server station and brought my cherry-loving child an entire bowl of cherries, just slipped it on the table next to her and kept walking. Another night the older child was debating whether she would like lobster or not, and decided on a different entree after much debate. Zan brought an extra lobster tail after we'd been served, "In case of emergency". He is awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter