• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

attention Pittsburgh PA people

Actually, it was better than we anticipated. .
All last week Giant Eagle had a promotion..
"Every $100 worth of Giant Eagle gift cards you buy you get a $10 grocery coupon" $500 limit per transaction but no limit how many transactions you can do.

The $10 coupon does not expire and up to 5 can be used in one transaction

Buying giant eagle gift cards themselves don't accumulate fuel perks but using them does!!!!!

Giant Eagle gift cards can be used to buy other retailers gift cards for fuel perks.

bonus fuel perks on Disney gift cards started yesterday

Last week purchased $8700 in Giant Eagle gift cards received $870 in coupons fir free groceries.

Today I used my $8700 in giant eagle gift cards to buy $8700 in Disney gift cards and received enough fuel perks to get $1044 in free gas through the end of November.
Between free groceries and free gasoline= $1914
PLUS.. used my Southwest credit card and got a $100 Walmart gift card
=$2014 in freebies!!

The $10 coupon expires August 29! At least the ones I got. Check those coupons again. You may need to buy $870 in groceries in a week.

Our Giant Eagles ignore the expiration because they are just for giant eagle by giant eagle
spoke to corporate and the stores day one.. asked again the last day of that promotion.. the manager confirmed it. I go there all the time and he is always there. Used $200 already.

Well that's good! I had to fight with them to let me use 2 in one transaction. The very young person who the cashier called over to approve my coupons gave me a lot of attitude about it. I called the customer service counter when I got home to verify that I was correct in that I could use more than one. I have raised 3 teenagers and did not need the snarky attitude from a Giant Eagle employee over my 2 coupons! I seriously doubt they would let me use one past the expiration date.

That was a great deal at Giant Eagle....gotta love those bonus fuel perks. May I ask what the deal is with the Southwest card and the WalMart gift card? Thanks =)

Crazy that the teenie bopper cashier was like that, I always call corporate.. and get names. I am well prepped and prepared prior to doing these things..especially $8700 worth... my mom's giant eagle let's her use as many as she wants at one time.

Last edited:
My family opens up southwest credit cards every two years....we close them as shorttly after opening.. our credit is not affected...we p a year our bills off and on time. 2 of us received 50,000 points so we received 6 free r/t flights and a free rental van for 18 days and a $25 target gift card by using these 100 , 000 southwest points. By spending $8700 on gift cards to pay Disney we earned a $100 gift card of our choice from southwest. ($8700 is 8700 points plus another $1300 we spent gave us 10,000 points which was enough for $100 gift card for walmart, which will buy all of our beer/wine for the room..lol. so basically $1.00 spent gets you a point.

My family opens up southwest credit cards every two years....we close them as shorttly after opening.. our credit is not affected...we p a year our bills off and on time. 2 of us received 50,000 points so we received 6 free r/t flights and a free rental van for 18 days and a $25 target gift card by using these 100 , 000 southwest points. By spending $8700 on gift cards to pay Disney we earned a $100 gift card of our choice from southwest. ($8700 is 8700 points plus another $1300 we spent gave us 10,000 points which was enough for $100 gift card for walmart, which will buy all of our beer/wine for the room..lol. so basically $1.00 spent gets you a point.

Thank you for the info. Yes, we are on our 3rd round of free roundtrip tickets for our family of 5 via our Southwest card....seriously love this card! I wasn't sure if Southwest was having some sort of bonus spending deal going on right now that I wasn't aware of. LOL I always use our points for flights vs. cashing out for gift cards since they have the most value that way, but can totally understand wanting to cash out for the gift cards! (10,000 rapid rewards points is "worth" $144 in Want to Get Away fares).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter