Attention all Disney Jelly Bean Lovers

corpcomp

The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D
One of the must do's at WDW is making sure we grab a bag of our favorite jelly beans before leaving. The choices are great and just the visual appeal of all those colors encourages us to get as much of our favorite flavors as possible.

But the price!! Generally about $12 a pound and when you get them, you just cannot figure out how such a small bag can end up weighing so much. Sometimes we have paid over $20 for maybe 1.5 lbs.

Well no more.

Last time while stuffing my hand in a bag of my favorite flavors, I looked closely and saw the name - Jelly Belly on each bean. I went on line and found the company and looked for sources of my favorite snack.

To my shock and happy surprise, they are sold at Costco under the Kirkland brand and the beans still say Jelly Belly. For about $4.75 a pound and come in a four pound container - About three times the amount for the same price at from Disney.

So in the future, we wil restrain ourselves while at WDW / maybe bring a bag of our own to sample while in the room and not feel guilty about the cost. Yes there is fun picking them out, but that fun disipates at the register.

Whaaaat? You didn't immediately associate those colorful little beans as President Reagan's favorite treat??

We can select the different flavors at our Kroger! Still, the higher priced ones are healthier!:rotfl:

bwvBound said:
Whaaaat? You didn't immediately associate those colorful little beans as President Reagan's favorite treat??

Sorry, before my time

I remember about 6 years ago going to the Seashore Sweets store on the BW to get Jelly Bellies for DH. He loves the black ones. I filled up a bag and when I went to pay it was $32! I almost fell over. That was the last time I made that mistake. We buy the Costco ones now or we go to one of our local Target stores which has individual dispensers of Jelly Belly beans so you can get specific flavors for a lot less than WDW!

Disney has been serving jelly belly beans for over 10 years people. Of course they are cheaper EVERYWHERE but disney but thats not the point. Its part of what i refer to as the disney immergence experience. Water is cheaper at walmart as is popcorn. But doing that stuff anywhere but disney just isnt the same

There is a warehouse store a few miles down the freeway were u can tour and buy regents for a very good price. Plus you can sample unlimited flavored one bean at a time.

;) There used to be M&Ms World at the Florida Mall too. I asked DH if I put my face under the dispenser would he open it and just let them fall all around me--like a dream sequence..:bitelip:..now that I am thinking about them a Chocolate Tootsie Pop will have to do....I have them in the next room.

It is odd to me that I can eat a bucket of real popcorn but not the Jelly Belly Popcorn flavored beans. :scared:

Must stop reading this thread! I am not about to make a trip to Costco just for Jelly Belly's! Or maybe I will!
Elizabeth:moped::moped:

I like Jelly Belly's too. The factory tour is really neat. You can try the beans at different stages of them being made. They also have some cool pictures of famous faces made out of the beans on the tour. The factory was about 10 minutes from our house when we lived in CA. In Fairfield. Not sure if there are others or if it is still there. It was always on our tour route for any family/friends who came to see us when we lived in the Bay area. (fun to stop there, then the Budwiser plant right next door :thumbsup2) OP, your story was cute. Glad you found a less expensive way to 'feed' your Jelly Bean obsession.:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter