Atlantis vs Blue Lagoon

beckygeez

Mouseketeer
We are going on a Wonder cruise in March and I am debating on whether to get a room at the comfort suites for our day in Nassau, so we can use the pools, etc at Atlantis or do the Blue Lagoon beach excursion. We have 3 kids with us DD12, DS8, and DD4. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how early can we start booking excursions and how do we go about doing that? Thanks much!! Julie

We have done both. We stayed at Atlantis in June and did the Dolphin Swim in December. Personally, we loved Atlantis and were disappointed with Blue Lagoon. My kids were waiting for the ferry to leave the lagoon. Couldn't get them to leave Atlantis. If you do the lagoon, book it yourself and take the high speed boat over otherwise it's 1 hour each way on the Disney sponsered ferry.

Can you go to Blue Lagoon on your own? I don't want to do the Dolphin encounter just go to the beach. I was trying to find out how to get there and how much that cost.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks Karen,
Did you get a room so that you could use the pools and waterslides? How many hours were you there and how did you get there. I know my kids would love the waterslides and stuff and I figure the next day they'll be at Castaway Cay so they'll have a beach day then. Thanks for you help! Julie

We had one room in the beach tower. We stayed in the pools until 5:30. Depending on what your planning to do there, ie. dolphin Encounter, Blue Lagoon is a small beach. The beach at Atlantis is cleaner,larger and you can rent jet skis to take to the Blue Lagoon(expensive). The dolphin encounter is about ten minutes with the dolphins, the swim is longer. At Atlantis you can swim in their lagoon, the ocean or the many pools. By far I would vote for Atlantis and stay as long as you want, the pools are posted to close at 5 or 6. Many people stay in them later.

If we were to do the 3 or 4 day DCL cruise again, I think we'd just stay on the ship! We did the Blue Lagoon excursion in February, 2000 and were dissappointed with the beach. They had picnic tables and hammocks, no beach chairs or umbrellas. The towels from the ship were not big enough to lay out on. The temperature was pretty cool so we didn't go swimming. We just sat around and waited for lunch then waited for the ferry to take us back. We couldn't relax on that beach so it definitely wasn't worth the money. The lunch was very good, but that's the only positive thing I can say about the Blue Lagoon.

A few people were talking about getting a room at the Atlantis so they'd have a place to change and have access to the pools. It cost a little more than the excursion over there, but it was worth it to them for the comfort factor. Sounded like a great idea.

:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter