• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Atlantis tour Vs. Atlantis on our own

djarhansen

Mouseketeer
My family of 5 plans on heading over to Atlantis when we stop at Nasussa so we can check out the waterpark. I really don't care to go on the actual tour that Disney has set up for Atlantis so I am wondering if we should just take a taxi over and do our own thing. Is there any reason I am overlooking that should make me want to book through Disney cruiseline?? Can we book through Disney and then blow off the tour? Can we also stay later should we choose? Lastly.... I have read some stuff on here about it might be cheaper to book a room at Atlantis for the day then to pay the day rate. Is that true???

Thanks in advance!

My family of 5 plans on heading over to Atlantis when we stop at Nasussa so we can check out the waterpark. I really don't care to go on the actual tour that Disney has set up for Atlantis so I am wondering if we should just take a taxi over and do our own thing. Is there any reason I am overlooking that should make me want to book through Disney cruiseline?? Can we book through Disney and then blow off the tour? Can we also stay later should we choose? Lastly.... I have read some stuff on here about it might be cheaper to book a room at Atlantis for the day then to pay the day rate. Is that true???

Thanks in advance!

You are not able to visit the waterpark without either buying a Day Pass through the Atlantis on the morning of your visit or through an excursion with Disney. I actually called Atlantis and they told me that day passes are extremely limited are are only sold if the hotel is not at capacity.

On some of the Disney excursions, you can tour the grounds but much of the resort is off limits such as the predator area if you don't have the appropriate wrist band to see it.

We did go there once just to see the lobby, shops and they allowed us to visit The Dig but not the predator lagoons.

You can book a room at the Comfort Suites which allows you access to the waterpark but you should check the difference in rates. Sometimes it's worthwhile, sometimes it's not. Also, check out their cancellation policy. If for some reason the ship couldn't get into Nassau and it was non-refundable, you'd be out all that money. If you had booked with Disney, they would give you your money back.

Happy planning!

We did the Comfort Suites and the cost was half of doing the Disney excursion.

However, it might take some research on your end because I'm fairly sure the CS only allowed four people in the room you never see. I'm not sure the best option for a party of five. It would be worth a phone call. As an FYI, depending on the ages, children don't have to pay or pay less for the mandatory "energy surcharges" and house keeping tips. It's all spelled out on the CS website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter