atlantis question

buzz2400

<font color=teal>The TF waves to buzz2400's DS
Does anyone know if you can book a room at Atlantis resort or Comfort Suite (which is cheaper but with full access to Atlantis) if you are arriving by ship instead of doing a shore excursion. Has anyone done this? Don't need the room but want to do the water activities that are offered at Atlantis but no shore excursions allow it. Don't want to tour the place. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

You can definitely reserve at room at either location and use the facilities for the day. We actually got a day room at the Atlantis while on our disney cruise this past January and had a wonderful time at the Atlantis resort. We went to the Dig during the morning and then changed into our suits in our room and used the pool all day long, it was great. Because we had a day room, our rooms were available to us first thing in the morning and we had to be out by 6:00pm. If you want to make sure that your have a room, make sure you do this prior to leaving. Our friends just had a room reserved this past June at the Comfort Suites and simply checked in, got their ID's and went right over to the Atlantis for the day. They wore their bathing suits right underneath their clothes.
My kids loved the day and would go back in a heartbeat.

cjsmith:

How did you get from the boat to Atlantis. Is it complicated. did it cost much.

We just walked off the ship and there were taxis waiting. It was $4 per person for the taxi ride over to the Atlantis. I was told that this was a set rate prior to us going on the cruise so I didn't even shop around. It was very easy. There were plenty of taxis waiting for us when we left the Atlantis and we grabbed one for the way back as well.

Yes, it is very easy to go to Atlantis on your own... We had a wonderful day there! There should be taxis waiting. They will want to fill their taxi, so you may need to kind of hook-up with another party to fill the taxi van. We lucked out and another party walked up in just a few minutes.

We found a great rate on a room at the Comfort. Placestostay.com showed promotional rates that we did not see elsewhere. So, check there for your date... (you have to proceed as if you will be booking a room.) Then we called the Comfort Suites 1-800 reservations number directly to book the rate we found ( it was the LGOLD rate ) It saved us a LOT over the cost of a room at Atlantis. It is a simple walk across the street.

The dig is awesome! The pools are awesome! Gorgeous with tons of shady palm trees. The beach that we walked to was not great.... Drop-off a little steep... Surf a little rough... No way DS could get in.... No shade or beach chairs set up for the guests... etc.... You may want to stick to the other areas at Atlantis and skip the beach there.

We had no problem at all going to Atlantis on our own. Had a great day!

csjsmith - I see you went in January. I know the
weather can be iffy then. Were the pools at the Atlantis
warm enough to swim in? Also, did you book your
day room in advance and hope for good weather,
or just show up and book it when you got off the boat?
Thanks!! -Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter