atlantis question

jenschaef1

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone these boards have been so helpful in planning our cruise. (first time cruise forum poster, long time lurker)
We are thinking of renting a room for the day at Atlantis (thanks to these boards). Does anyone know if there are slides at Atlantis that smaller children can go on? I have a 6 year old who would be very upset if there were no slides for him, he is 43" tall.
Thanks so much

There are exactly 100 days to our 4 day DCL Cruise 10/5/03. My spouse, myself, DD 14, DD 12 -on board b-day, DS 6, and DD3. Anyone going with us!? :D

yes, there are slides for little ones. and a zero entry pool which is good for little ones. there is a series of small connected pools, that are connected by slides, and there are some small slides near the big slides. and there is a lazy river pool too. lots of adventuring and exploring with little ones.

We're interested in a room at the Atlantis or Comfort Suites for the Nassau day as well, and guess what? We're on the 10/5 Wonder!! I was beginning to wonder if anyone else was going with us! DH, myself, and DD, 12 (who will be turning 13 on 10/3) are going to spend a couple of days in WDW before heading to the port on 10/5. Are you doing the double digit dance like we are?:Pinkbounc

Jenschaef1, If your DD 12 (who also is having the bday in Oct.) would like to email mine, drop me a line and we can set it up!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Wow, finally seeing some folks will be on our cruise! We were also wondering if we were the only ones. We'll be on the Wonder Oct. 5th. Its our 1st cruise and also our first Disney experience. We're getting excited and trying to decide on excursions at this point. We're not sure whether to get off the ship in Nassau or Freeport. We don't feel like doing both. Our goal is to relax and enjoy what the ship has to offer. We have a DS 12, DD9-celebrating birthday on board, and DD 5. My son really wants to be in the teen group(he's 12 1/2), but I'm not sure they'll let him. We found out our neighbors are going also and they have a DD12. (school break that week). Can't wait!

We're on the cruise, too. DD7 and DD3. I'm still debating what to do about Nassau. We'd like to see the aquarium, but I know DD3 would love the Mouseketeer thing in the club and DD7 would have to miss the Pirate activity. It'd be easier and cheaper to stay on the ship.

We are also trying to decide about booking a room at
Atlantis or comfort suites. I hadn't ever heard of the pirate
activity in the kids club that goes on at the same time.
Is there a kids club schedule of activites on each day? I'm
a newbie, first cruise ever coming up with 5 year old twins
(pirate and pool crazed!). Thanks, Maggie

A fellow DISer has a great cruise site. She has some of the Navigators online. Everything is subject to change, but it's fun to have something to look at in advance. On Nassau day there's an activity for the 5-7 group that involves pirate activities and ends w/a visit from Captain Hook. My mind tells me that a trip to Atlantis is a once in a lifetime experience, while meeting Capt. Hook is something we do every year at WDW. However, my heart tells me that as the kids grow older, they won't be as excited by meeting characters, whereas Atlantis will always be there. My husband says I can't have fun because I'm too worried about the fun I might be missing.
Here's the site w/the Navigators:
www.castawayclub.com
;)

Hi all,
lemstar: Thank you so much for the info on Atlantis, I was worried about my DS5 being bored - I think he will have a great time :D

Lulu201, Laurarn, Partridge4ever: I too was beginning to think I was the only one cruising on 10/5 I am so glad to see other families with school aged children on board then, I was worried it would be mostly little ones because of school schedules. Partridge4ever: I agree with you about atlantis with your smaller children, I would not spend the money except I think it is something that my older 2 (DD14 and DD12) would love. I am disappointed that my 2 littler kids (DS6 and DD3) will miss some terrific activities in the childrens programs. Oh how I wish those activities you listed were scheduled during our time in Freeport- there doesn't seem to be as much to do there so we might just spend the day on the ship.
Laurarn: You will love Disney, we have been on many vacations through the years (although never a DCL cruise) and no one does it like disney they are just head and shoulders above the rest.

Lulu201: We do disney every October because my kids have a long school break. You will love the parks, they are very uncrowded and the weather has always been beautiful.

Well, I mentioned Atlantis vs. the kids club activities to DD7 and she picked the kids club w/no hesitation. Maybe we'll all run into each other onboard. I haven't been online much lately, but I will be reading this board religiously now that our cruise is getting close! I didn't know about the stop in Freeport until the other day. When we booked, it was my understanding that the Freeport stop would be discontinued. I'm a little disappointed as I was looking forward to a day at sea, but I'm also hopeful that maybe things won't be as crowded onboard while we're in port. (Can you tell I have no desire to go ashore? Maybe when the kids are older.)

I agree with partridge4ever. Our kids are alittle older, but I still think they would prefer the ships activities vs. the port. From what I've read, Freeport doesn't seem to have a lot to offer except for the beach and my DH doesn't see us spending another $250 for a beach day. We'll probably stay on the ship also. Just sent our final payment in the other day...its coming up quick:)

HELLO fellow travelers!

I also will be on the 10/5 cruise as part of my honeymoon :) We will have spent a week in Disney before leaving on the cruise. (Thanks to the FairyTale package). Hope to see you all there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter