Atlantis Question

CougGuy

Earning My Ears
Would very much like to spend the day in Nassau hanging at the Altantis resort. Noted in previous emails that you don't get access to the pools/beach on the DCL shore excursions. Does the resort have a "facilities fee" that you can pay to play there or do you need to get a room?

When I booked the Disney Cruise, my travel agent told me to book a room for the day. He said try priceline or hotels.com. We are going in Feb during president's weekend, the rate was $320 through Atlantis. We decided to do the dolphin swim instead. If money isn't an issue, I would highly recommend the Atlantis. We spent the week there last Feb. & it was GREAT! I wouldn't recommend the beach excursion through Disney because last Feb,
beaches were to windy & you couldn't swim. If you have kids, make sure they are taller than 48 inches for the waterslides. If they aren't it's not worth the money.

We will be going on the 1/26/03 Disney Wonder 4-day cruise and plan on renting a room at the Comfort Suites, which is adjacent to the Paradise Atlantis in Nassau, in order to enjoy ALL the water slides/pools and other ammenities. Our room cost will be $159 plus tax.

We have 2 adults and 2 children and when we did the math for a DCL beach excursion it just seemed cheaper to pay for a room in order to see the Atlantis. Considering the ship will be in port in Nassau for over 12 hours I think we will certainly get our moneys worth.

Enjoy!

Hi,

I don't understand, how can you use the Atlantis facitlities, pool and such if you are staying at the Comfort Inn?

Thanks for the info.

Gina

Originally posted by Minnie554

I don't understand, how can you use the Atlantis facitlities, pool and such if you are staying at the Comfort Inn?

The Comfort Suites has a contractual arrangement with the Atlantis Resort to allow Comfort Suites guests access to the Atlantis facilities.

Sorry Minnie554, Dave_from_Marrietta is correct.

Taking a room at the Comfort Suites provides you with access to all amenities found at the Atlantis. It's a great deal especially if you can split the room charge with another family.

PS: Comfort Suites also has what is called a "day only room rate" for $150. These are given out on a first come, first served basis and have to be asked for in person (you can't reserve them).

Also, I booked the room with my travel agent and got a better deal than through the internet.

just got back from 1/9 Wonder. We purchased the wristband to explore the grounds (not pools and waterslides) for $25.00

Atlantis is a beautiful, one-of a-kind facility!!! You'll have a great time....from what I've seen, the water attractions are magnificent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter