Atlantis - Paradise Lagoon > how to do it?

mshinrockford

Mouseketeer
I see that DCL's "Atlantis Beach Day" excursion only includes the use of their beach, not the pools or the slides. My question is, how does Atlantis classify the Paradise Lagoon water and beach area? Are these areas considered beach or pools? I'd like to think that the Paradise Lagoon area is all considered part of the beach, but I want to be certain before I make my final decision. I’m primarily interested in finding a nice, quiet stretch of beach/water where my kids can safely play in the (calm, protected) water and I can do a bit of snorkeling. Can anyone clarify if this Lagoon area is considered part of the "beach" at Atlantis?

We did the Atlantis Beach excursion last year and we were brought to the lagoon. We were right next to the pool area and aquarium. The snack bar where you redeem you lunch coupon is right there also. It was very windy the day we were there so they had the beach areas closed due to high surf and wind but I think if it had been a calmer day we could have done the beach area or the lagoon.

Once they get you to the lagoon and give you your towel you are pretty much on your own to go any where that you want with the wrist band they provide. Different wrist bands allow access to different parts of the resort facilities ie: pools, slides etc.

This July we are going with the kids, DD10, DS7 and are getting a room at the Comfort Suites next to Atlantis. That will give us access to the pools and slides thanks to the wrist bands you get from Comfort Suites hotel. It will cost about $60 more to do this because we will have to get a taxi to and from the WONDER plus pay for lunch, unless we bring food from the ship which is what we will probably due. But, the kids will enjoy the pool then we get the beach at Castaway Cay.

Wharever you chooseI know you will have a great time!

We did exactly what Buck4568 is talking about doing. You check in at the Comfort Suites (across the street from the Atlantis) and they give you a card to show to the pool attendants at the Atlantis. The pool attendants give you a towel and a colored wristband that will allow you access to all Atlantis facilities.

It's more expensive than the Lagoon Beach day but considering what the Atlantis has to offer (pools, slides, aquarium) it was worth it for our family of 4. Our room bill was about $190 after adding all taxes, fees, etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter