Atlantis or Dolphins?

kcromley

Mouseketeer
I will be taking a six and nine year old on a cruise in January. Usually, we stay on the ship in Nassau, but I thought maybe we would do either the dolphin encounter or the trip to Atlantis this time. I know the little one won't make the height requirement for the Atlantis slides, and wasn't sure if that might be better to do when we all are tall enough. But the water might be cold with the dolphins in January. Any advice/thoughts? thanks!

Our family has loved the dolphins. Kids were 7 and 12 the first time three years ago, and we did it again with the whole family this year. It is a great, memorable experience!:thumbsup2

We just came back from a 3-day Wonder where we went to Atlantis for the day (booked room separately as opposed to DCL excursion). My 6 year old couldn't do the big slides, but there was a lot of other things to do. We stayed at the beach for a while (they loved seeing the fish underwater around them as someone was feeding them breakfast cereal, as well as the stingray which came swimming by many times), then went to the children's pool (the water is shallow and there is a mini waterplay structure and slides there), lazy river ride (there's two of them, the newer one at the aquaventure was a little more exciting but was okay when she went), and also the dig (the big aquarium.) My 9 year old was able to take advantage of the new Power Tower part of the Atlantis Aquaventure with the big tube rides and body slides which are the ones that are for over 48". Keep in mind that both my children can swim fairly well by themselves and love the water. I decided to wait until they were older for the swim with the dolphin excursion... Atlantis has dolphin too but didn't have time to explore that.

Hope this helps somewhat.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter