Atlantis in January

birdman

Earning My Ears
I am booked on the Jan 5 Dream out of PC and would like to do the Atlantis water park when we stop at Nassau. I know the weather cannot be controlled or predicted but given that the cost is pretty pricey and I believe you have to book the excursion in advance, can anyone who may have been there in early Jan provide any thoughts on the temp? Not really looking to just sit on the beach but want to do the water slides with my son.
TIA (thanx in advance)

We were there last January and did the Atlantis excursion.
It was an overcast breezy day but warm enough to enjoy the pools and slides.

Have fun!

Thx. Did you do it through Disney or book separately (through Comfort Inn or Atlantis Beach Club)? Other than cost, I have read some posts about people who did the Disney Excursion getting to Atlantis quite a bit later than people who went "on their own".

We stayed at Atlantis for a week in January and it was beautiful pool weather everyday, I did find it very windy though.

This year in January (mid month) we did Aquaventure through Disney.

It was an overcast, cloudy and breezy day. Probably in the low 70's. We complained a little then remembered the weather at home was in between 10 - 15 (f) and nasty. Stopped complaining and put up with the shivers we had towards the end of the day.

We were in Nassau the prior week (a "b2b" - 4 night Wonder out of Miami, and 3 days later a 3 nighter on the Dream) and the temperature was probably 10 degrees warmer, no clouds, no breeze. So the answer might be ... It Depends.

Oh yea, we booked the excursion on the Dream on embarkation day. It was very nice at Port Canaveral, so we booked. 45 minutes afterwards, dark clouds and cool breezes decended upon us.

I would wait to book on board. I would check the weather forecast before boarding to get an idea of what the weather will be like.

Here is what the sky looked like while we were there at the water park...
P1180592.JPG

This is what it looked like the prior week....
P1120208.JPG

Thx. For some reason I thought that you had to book before you board. Agree that best case would be to wait at least until you could get some type of long range (7 day) forecast. If it supposed to be cold and rainy, not sure I want to spend that kind of money for the water park.

Thx. For some reason I thought that you had to book before you board. Agree that best case would be to wait at least until you could get some type of long range (7 day) forecast. If it supposed to be cold and rainy, not sure I want to spend that kind of money for the water park.

We'll be there in January as well and we've been wondering about the weather. We bought wetsuits for other excursions, just in case, but I'm not sure we will be able to wear them in Atlantis though not sure they would mind either. Hopefully the water is heated but if the breeze is chilly it might be worth it to drag along our wetsuits. I'm hoping that we won't need them at all.

We were there in 2012 but not during winter months. We loved it. We booked through DCL and had all the time we needed in the water park to do everything we wanted to. I've read that people do it other ways but we generally book through DCL.

I think you could just book in advance and then cancel if you decide to up to boarding, without being charged. Not sure the exact time-frame. Probably once you boarded, you might be charged. Not sure if this one fills up quickly.

Hope you have a great time!

I think you can cancel DCL excursions up to 3 days before embarkation day.

Here are some people in the "Not So Lazy" River - in January
P1180580.JPG

I think you can cancel DCL excursions up to 3 days before embarkation day. Here are some people in the "Not So Lazy" River - in January

LOL that's what we call it too. More like rapids in some parts. Good times! :-)

Thx. Did you do it through Disney or book separately (through Comfort Inn or Atlantis Beach Club)? Other than cost, I have read some posts about people who did the Disney Excursion getting to Atlantis quite a bit later than people who went "on their own".

We booked before thru Disney. We had read that you could take a taxi and buy tickets same day at Atlantis. Since our port day was a Saturday we didn't want to chance it being sold out so we purchased ahead.

We personally prefer to go thru Disney just in case anything unexpected happens and risk missing the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter