Atlantis Dolphin Swim

princessME!

Earning My Ears
I need some advice! I'm deciding between the Atlantis Dolphin Cay Deep Water Swim or Atlantis Dolphin Cay Shallow Water Interaction. I know the shallow interaction is not a swim with dolphins experience but is the extra money for the deep water swim worth it? In the deep water swim, it also says you use a water scooter, is this used the whole time? There's also the option for the Aquaventure or Discover Atlantis. Which would you recommend?
Safe sailing!
pirate:

Hi there!

My wife and I did the deep water swim last April on our Nassau day. The scooters aren't used the entire time, no.

We were provided wet suits and snorkel gear and instructed to meet in a room where we met with a guide (or dive master... whatever he was called). We were given some basic instructions and then brought out to the swim area.

We split up into two groups and while one swam with the dolphins, the other was pushed across the lagoon on a boogie board by the dolphins. The swimming was holding onto a power scooter and following the dolphin across the lagoon. Afterwards, we were able to kiss the dolphin we swam with.

It was really a wonderful experience. It's sort of misleading in that you don't get to 'swim' with the dolphins as you see on TV... but I wouldn't hesitate to go back if my wife was so inclined.

After the experience, you have the opportunity to purchase a photo package... and then you also get to explore the grounds of Atlantis, which was nice.

Overall... I'd certainly suggest it to anybody. How it compares to the shallow water experience, I'm not entirely sure.

Either way you go... HAVE FUN!

CY

Hi there!

My wife and I did the deep water swim last April on our Nassau day. The scooters aren't used the entire time, no.

We were provided wet suits and snorkel gear and instructed to meet in a room where we met with a guide (or dive master... whatever he was called). We were given some basic instructions and then brought out to the swim area.

We split up into two groups and while one swam with the dolphins, the other was pushed across the lagoon on a boogie board by the dolphins. The swimming was holding onto a power scooter and following the dolphin across the lagoon. Afterwards, we were able to kiss the dolphin we swam with.

It was really a wonderful experience. It's sort of misleading in that you don't get to 'swim' with the dolphins as you see on TV... but I wouldn't hesitate to go back if my wife was so inclined.

After the experience, you have the opportunity to purchase a photo package... and then you also get to explore the grounds of Atlantis, which was nice.

Overall... I'd certainly suggest it to anybody. How it compares to the shallow water experience, I'm not entirely sure.

Either way you go... HAVE FUN!

CY

Is the "swim" long? Or just a lap around the pool? Thanks for your help!
If there's anyone that's done the shallow water interaction feel free to give your opinion too!

I recently did the shallow water interaction with my 9 year old dd. In it we learned about dolphin anatomy and behavior, how they work with the dolphins, the background of our dolphin and then we were asked to participate in helping her execute her commands, such as high 5 and some other things she did. She was working on one behavior and asked to repeat it a couple of times

We gave our dolphin Sasha lots of rubdowns, heard her vocalize several times, and then were brought together with the other groups in the pool for a final finale with all the dolphins performing for us.

There was also a young man with our group doing dolphin trainer for the day. I was really impressed with the amount of time we were given, the amount charged for photo packages and what that included and found the whole day enjoyable and worthy of repeating!

Hope this helps!

Is the "swim" long? Or just a lap around the pool? Thanks for your help!
If there's anyone that's done the shallow water interaction feel free to give your opinion too!

Sorry... I just saw this now.

The 'swim' portion is just once across the lagoon with the scooter.

CY

I recently did the shallow water interaction with my 9 year old dd. In it we learned about dolphin anatomy and behavior, how they work with the dolphins, the background of our dolphin and then we were asked to participate in helping her execute her commands, such as high 5 and some other things she did. She was working on one behavior and asked to repeat it a couple of times

We gave our dolphin Sasha lots of rubdowns, heard her vocalize several times, and then were brought together with the other groups in the pool for a final finale with all the dolphins performing for us.

There was also a young man with our group doing dolphin trainer for the day. I was really impressed with the amount of time we were given, the amount charged for photo packages and what that included and found the whole day enjoyable and worthy of repeating!

Hope this helps!
We are doing this in May. What are the prices of the photos? Do you get to give the dolphin a kiss on the nose like the pics?

Yes, in our group we all had pictures giving Sasha a kiss, altho dd's ended being an eskimo style nose kiss ((still cute.))

I *think* the smallest package being some pictures only (like maybe 3-4 sets being maybe $69 (I could be mistaken about this?)

Our package was $179 and included all of our group pictures on a USB. In addition, it included loads of pictures in all sizes from 8x10's. 6x8's, 5x7 and 4x6 (I'd say we got a mixture and at least 16-20 prints but don't have them here to count.) We were able to choose the pictures in sizes we wanted. We also got a very nice Atlantis silver 5x7 size photo album and a choice of frame. You could choose 5x7 leather stamped, 5x7 silver or a 6x8 glass etched frame. We also received two Atlantis Luggage tags.

I do remember the same package could be had for $159 and included cd storage instead of the USB. I think this level also received the add-ons too.

Hope this helps. Any questions, please ask.

I'll go with whatever is cheaper. CD/USB doesn't matter as I can transfer them either way.

Thanks.

Sorry... I just saw this now.

The 'swim' portion is just once across the lagoon with the scooter.

CY

Is there any other interaction besides this? Just wanting to make sure.

Hope this helps!

Oh alright! That actually sounds quite enjoyable! Thanks for your help!

I haven't done the At;antis dolphin encounters but I just wanted to throw this in there. I read up extensively on both the Atlantis dolphin encounters and the Blue Lagoon dolphin encounters, also in Nassau. Reviews were better for Blue Lagoon, and it's also SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than Atlantis, so we went with the Dolphin swim there. It was AMAZING! You get to float in the water in pairs, each person has a dolphin. You dance with it, it does something funny with you (fart noise through blowhole, spit, etc.) You get to rub its teeth. They take pictures and video. Then at the end 2 dolphins push each participant across the small lagoon by your feet (foot push)!! I know Atlantis is a cool hotel and all but I feel it is very hyped. The dolphin encounters there are in a man made lagoon, whereas Blue Lagoon is natural. The small island its on it very nice and the boat ride over from the cruise dock is scenic and fairly short (like 30 mins. I think?) Anyway, I'm not sure if you're dead set on Atlantis, but I just wanted to share my experience. You might want to do more research of your own to decide!:thumbsup2

Oh yeah, also to compare more they did have the dolphins do some jumps and things and they were VERY close to everybody! I also read that the classroom portion is much shorter at Blue Lagoon, which is nice. I just want to get in the water! And, NO WETSUIT! Have you ever put on a wetsuit? It's not very fun. :rotfl:

We did the shallow water interaction and it was really cool, but while we were doing it we were watching the people doing the deep water swim and we all wished that we did that instead.

You also have to consider in a limited day that the BLD trip is much longer than Atlantis' is.

For that reason alone, we are doing the Atlantis. As first time Nassau visitors, i don't want to be over there until 2pm or so (I believe the boats start back at 1pm).

We booked Atlantis directly from them, so the price wasn't that much more, although for our youngest, which was 3, he'd be free.

Next time i'm back in Nassau, I'll do BLD, but not this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter