Atlantis Aquaventure - is it worth a half day visit?

PrincessBrit

Disney Fan!
Our cruise on the Wonder this fall will have a shortened stop in Nassau - just the afternoon (noon to 5pm) - and I almost signed up for the half-day Atlantis Aquaventure Port Adventure, but I couldn't justify spending $80+ each for three people for just 3 hours at their water park (even though I have heard that the lazy river is amazing).

We've never been to Atlantis, so we do want to check it out, but I'm on the fence about getting an aquarium pass, or if we should just wander around the "free" parts of the hotel... does anyone recommend this as an activity for a few hours? Or should we go ahead and get the aquarium pass that way we can see more of the fancy parts of the hotel?

Thanks! :)

Our cruise on the Wonder this fall will have a shortened stop in Nassau - just the afternoon (noon to 5pm) - and I almost signed up for the half-day Atlantis Aquaventure Port Adventure, but I couldn't justify spending $80+ each for three people for just 3 hours at their water park (even though I have heard that the lazy river is amazing).

We've never been to Atlantis, so we do want to check it out, but I'm on the fence about getting an aquarium pass, or if we should just wander around the "free" parts of the hotel... does anyone recommend this as an activity for a few hours? Or should we go ahead and get the aquarium pass that way we can see more of the fancy parts of the hotel?

Thanks! :)

We did this excursion on a full day in Nassau and I felt we could of used more time. We traveled in August and it was busy as several other cruise ships were there as well. We were the first transfer there and the last one leaving Atlantis. Keep in mind it takes time to get on the transfers, travel time and it's a good 10-15 minutes to walk through the property plus wait time for the slides. In my opinion it's just not enough time to truly enjoy the water park without feeling rushed, never mind the big expense.

I agree my family and I did a full day at Atlantis Aquaventure and never even got a chance to see the aquarium (which was included) because we spent the majority of our time in the water park. And lunch, although included is a bit of a hassle we waited 25 mins in line to get three burgers that were meh. There is A LOT of walking and waiting involved as well and it takes time to actually get to the resort and then into the water park area. I would just book the aquarium portion because Atlantis is beautiful and worth the visit, but the ship has pools and slides as well so you will not be missing much.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter