Atlantis AND Blue Lagoon, Doable?

sramille

Mouseketeer
I'm considering doing The Dig first thing and then going over to Blue Lagoon. I guess we'd have to do this on our own, I don't see how it would work with the DCL excursions.

Has anyone done this? Any tips?

Definitely doable as long as you don't spend too much time at Atlantis. On our honeymoon (January 1999, so some things maybe have changed a bit), we did everything on our own. Took a cab to Atlantis as soon as we were allowed to disembark, and had signed up on our own to do the Dolphin Swim on Blue Lagoon Island. The water taxi to Blue Lagoon is right across from the Atlantis. We did the dolphin swim at 1 p.m. and then we could have stayed on the island afterward, but we were tired and wanted to head back to the ship for a nap before our Palo's dinner. The DCL guests were arriving to do their dolphin swim when we left and didn't get back on-board until right before the early dinner seating. We got back with plenty of time for a quick dip in the hot tub and a nice nap before our 7 p.m. Palo dinner. One of the best days I've ever had!

Just remember, if you're not on a DCL excursion the ship won't wait for you, so be sure to leave plenty of time for travel back and forth from Blue Lagoon.

Blue Lagoon on your own? Would you recommend this over the DCL excursion? How much was the water taxi to Blue Lagoon? We are thinking of doing this but hesitate because its a long day at the beach with kids. Maybe if we could go for a couple of hours and then return to the ship - it might be worth doing it ourselves.

Our taxi was included in our dolphin swim so I'm not sure how much it costs. And I don't remember if they ran continually, or only at specific times -- when we were ready to leave there was one waiting for us, so we got on.

We left and returned from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. There is a number you can call on their web site, but I don't think it's considered a local number so you have to dial as if you're calling internationally (otherwise, you get a wrong number in the U.S.). The number is 242-363-3333.

There's not much information on it, but their web site is at: http://www.paradiseislandferryterminal.com/

married@wdw...thanks for the Blue Lagoon ferry info. From what I can tell, there is a ferry schedule and a reservation is required. I guess we will stick with the DCL excursion.

Does anyone know what time the excursion leaves in the morning? Where do you get the water taxi - it is close to the ship? Or do you have to go to Paradise Island first?

We did the dolphins on our own also. The ferry was $4 round trip and dropped you right where the Blue Lagoon ferry picked us up. Saved a bundle and were at the lagoon with a lot fewer people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter