Atlantic Dance

connie7185

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
Just a quick question about Atlantic Dance...Is it available to all DVC members or do you have to be staying at BWV? What ages are people allowed in by themselves? We are thinking of eating dinner at ESPN and meandering over to Atlantic Dance but not really sure if all the teens (17-21) can get in with us? What attire is appropriate? I guess that is more than one question but we leave in 3 days and we have one day out of the parks so still planning!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to be back home! Thanks

Connie

Atlantic Dance is open to the general public. There is a cover charge to get in, but DVC Members do not have to pay the cover charge. (There is info verifying this posted on the Members' website). You do not have to be staying at the BWV to have the cover charge waived.

Both Atlantic Dance and Jelly Rolls are for those 21 and over. They do check IDs and those under 21 cannot get in, even if they are accompanied by their parents.

No we still have to pay the cover charge at Jellyrolls. This past trip we went one night and had a great time. I'm trying to remember how much is was to get in. I think that it was about $6 or $7.

When we went to Jelly Rolls last February, the cover charge was $6 plus tax ($6.36).

That is sort of funny - tax on a cover charge!

Atlantic Dance used to have swing dancing and it was great just to watch some of the very talented people do swing dancing, they used to come dressed in outfits appropriate for this era and everything. I recently read they have changed it to Latin type of music and dance, we have not yet been there since the change.

Is Atlantic Dance Admission free only for the Member or a number of the Member's Guests?

Originally posted by tfc3rid
Is Atlantic Dance Admission free only for the Member or a number of the Member's Guests?

The cover charge is waived only for the DVC member(s). However, if you (the DVC Member) have guests staying with you on points, their room keys will also say DVC Member and they will get in for free, also.

I was at Atlantic Dance on Saturday night July 13. We ate at ESPN (a line for tables) and then walked down there in the rain, with umbrellas, on an uncrowded Boardwalk.

The funny thing is that we planned to take a look because we could get in free with our card, but we noticed in the afternoon there was a sign that said "Free Admission". So much for our great perks!

The Dance Hall looks great and has apparently been remodelled more fore disco/pop dancing. The sound is excellent and the place is beautiful, but there were only about 12 people to hear the live band. They were doing a medley of pop songs when we stopped by - mostly Madonna. With a bigger crowd, the place has great potential. Too bad some of the thousands at DD can't make there way over.

We were at ATlantic dance on July 5 & 6 and looked in as we walked most nights. I don't thing we ever saw more than about a dozen people, it always looked empty. Even when the band was playing may 5 or 6 people would dance.

One night we went to Jellyroll...make sure you get there early. We went, we paid the $6.00 cover charge and when we got in there was no where to sit! We had to stand the whole evening. Also, Jellyroll serves only popcorn and drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter