• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Atlantic Canadian WDW Fans

Hey we are in Fredericton, NB. We also always fly out of Maine (Bangor or Portland). Love the flight costs..only 280 last month. Normally we get a room at Super 8 ($59/night..not bad!!). We just returned home on Feb 4 from a week at DW...we discovered the awesome deal of renting DVC points.
Myself, ds (15 months), and my sister spent a week at the Animal Kingdom Lodge...what a beautiful resort! Certainly we have all fallen in love with heading south during the winter and have already booked our rooms for next January!!!

Louise
Next Trip: January 14-23rd, 2009 Boardwalk Villas :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Fellow New Brunswick Diser here..... Just got back Friday night. Great trip wish I was still there. I have already meet Charleyann and would love to meet more Disney Fans. Let me know how I can help.

Hi there,

I thought you might like to know that there are a few hotels near the Bangor Airport that are under 80$ per night and offer free parking while you are away on your trip. I have a few friends who have done this with no problems. I will get the names of the hotels from post them ASAP.

Cheers,

That would be great! One thing though, check to see if getting a hotel is actually a deal even with the free parking. I guess it depends on how long you're going to be away, but Bangor has very low long-term parking fees in my opinion. They charge a maximum of $42 per week. Cheaper than a hotel, unless you need to overnight anyway.

What a small world! My wife and I grew up in Mt. Pearl in the 80's:thumbsup2

Cool, so did I. What school did you go to? I went to Mt. Pearl Central (Senior) High. Graduated in 1988...oops just gave away my age...can I edit to say I graduated really young????

Fellow New Brunswick Diser here..... Just got back Friday night. Great trip wish I was still there. I have already meet Charleyann and would love to meet more Disney Fans. Let me know how I can help.

Glad you had a great time at Disney!

Charleyann

Cool, so did I. What school did you go to? I went to Mt. Pearl Central (Senior) High. Graduated in 1988...oops just gave away my age...can I edit to say I graduated really young????

I graduated in 86 from Central High, my wife in 89 from the new Senior High. My sister also graduated in 89 from the same school.

Of all the places to meet - a Disney message board!:goodvibes

OOOH now I am curious, I bet I know you and maybe your wife. I will PM you my name and see if you know me......only thing I don't think I can do it here at work, so will do it tomorrow when I wake up after pulling the night shift.

Family of 4 near Woodstock, N.B. We usually drive because it's more cost effective when you stay a month.

:cool1: I'm in! I haven't been to Disney since 2005, but I absolutely love it. So much so, in fact, that I made sure that I went to Disneyland Paris when I was in France, even though we only had 4 days total! I think this thread is a great idea; Atlantic Canadians often have rather unique issues (mostly about delays due to traveling during the winter season) related to travel that others just don't seem to have as much!

BTW, I'm from (close to) Saint John, NB. I work at an historic site there during the summer, so if anyone is coming to my city between June and September, drop me a PM and I'll give you a tour of "my" site!

Newfoundland here......been to Disney Dec 06 and Apr 07. We are looking at going back again winter 09.

Hey, joining in from CBS NL.

Just booked 4th trip in 4 years and am researching the DVC, may consider this on the trip. :banana:

Hi, another newfoundlander here.We are planning our 6th trip to visit the mouse on June 21/08. this will be out first summer trip as our oldest is in Jr high now. We also live in CBS:banana:

I am jumping in too! We live in Freddy Beach and this is our first ever trip to Disney. Two big kids leaving the baby with Grammy and heading too WDW :dance3: !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter