Atlantic Canadian WDW Fans

We are in Beaver Dam, NB. Count us in with" Atlantic's loving Disney"!

Charleyann

:rotfl:
Nice to see all the Disney fans back home in NB. I am originally from McAdam and living in Cold Lake, AB (Air Force) for the past 15 years. Recently retired after 27 years and planning on moving home to Fredericton area in a couple of years.

Never been to WDW but took the kids to Disneyland 2 years ago, and now my DD6 informs me at least once a week that we "really need to go to Disney World, Daddy!!"

I'm currently in the long-term planning stages of a major splurge at WDW - likely at least a year away. Would like to take my family, plus those of my brother and two sisters (all living in NB or Maine) for a week at either AKL or BC. Will probably fly out of Bangor, as it seems to be a lot cheaper than Canadian airports.

What is better - early spring or late fall - weatherwise?

RookieMouse

The fall is a nice time to go. With kids, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is it! That Party and fireworks are awesome. You'll never seen anything like it.

I have gone and want to go again to the party but am afraid it won't be the same!

Charleyann

Thanks Charleyann. Fall is what I was leaning towards, with DS having a birthday in September, DD in October, and DW in November. :dance3:

I am thinking October simply because it is our Thanksgiving but not in the US. How long does Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party run for? Would love for my daughter to have her B'day party at WDW... she's a real princess fan and would absolutely love it.:cutie:

RookieMouse

(Waving the NB flag in the west...)

Thanks Charleyann. Fall is what I was leaning towards, with DS having a birthday in September, DD in October, and DW in November. :dance3:

I am thinking October simply because it is our Thanksgiving but not in the US. How long does Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party run for? Would love for my daughter to have her B'day party at WDW... she's a real princess fan and would absolutely love it.:cutie:

RookieMouse

(Waving the NB flag in the west...)

The Halloween party starts in September and goes on until Nov. 1st. Last year it did anyway. We went on Halloween night. Lots of Trick or Treating and good candies and bars too! Kids will love it!

We went from October 30th- Nov 14th. In with the Halloween Party on Oct 30th and then Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on Nov 12th! The parks went from Halloween one night to having Christmas decorations up at Animal Kingdon on Nov1!

Enjoy!

Charleyann

Hi Stema74

Thanks for the report. We woke this morning to hear the weather for tomorrow here is suppose to be several hours of freezing rain and high winds. :banana: :banana: I am hoping things change between now and 11pm tomorrow night when we are booked to leave. What worries me is that you usually get the same weather pattern as we do only hours later. :surfweb: I guess we will all hope for the best, we would have very disappointed boys if we had to cancel.

Just checking in as a fellow Maritimer!

I'm in NS, located between Windsor and Lower Sackville.

We have the freezing rain now…supposed to last for 3-4 hours. It’s supposed to get super cold again tonight with windchill around -30° (ewww), and then back up to rain again Thursday. The weather around here has been nuts!!

Another Bluenoser checking in from Truro. We are off for our 4th visit to WDW in August for 9 days. I know...August!!! but we are meeting friends from England and thats the only time we could do it. Hopefully we wont melt! We are flying from Portland on Jetblue and saved enough to pay for our home rental & car rental!!!

Another Bluenoser checking in from Truro. We are off for our 4th visit to WDW in August for 9 days. I know...August!!! but we are meeting friends from England and thats the only time we could do it. Hopefully we wont melt! We are flying from Portlant on Jetblue and saved enough to pay for our home rental & car rental!!!

We will be taking our 2nd August trip this year. We also had one in July.

It's not so bad.

What is your are from Atlantic Canada and want to move back?

I lived in Dartmouth, St John's and Moncton.

We're in NB, but can only afford to fly out of Maine:lmao:

We fly out of Maine too. But I can see Maine from my living room window so it's not a big deal for us.

Hello to my fellow Cape Bretoners! That's where I am from. I lived in the Glace Bay area.

I'm glad I started this thread. We really should organize a meet!

surfer ed,

I don't think you ever "leave" Atlantic Canada. Once you've lived there, it is in your blood. And if you grew up there, no matter where you end up, down east is always "home". I have been away from the east coast since 1988 and it is still home to me. :thumbsup2

RookieMouse

I'm from Fredericton! We always fly from Maine too....MUCH cheaper! My sister and I are going in April/May but we're flying back into Fredericton which will be awesome!

From Mt. Pearl, NL. We just went September 2007 and planning on Sept 2009 (fingers crossed).

Lower Sackville NS here. We got the 40% postcard this week and I'm doing my best to make a reservation for the fall, just have to convince DH. I had planned to wait for the free dining offer and book for September, but there are now more open times with the 40%. September, October, November, December.......how to choose:lmao:

Hello from the windy marshes.

I am also a huge Disney fan. My family of four went to WDW for teh first time in May 2007. I have just finished the scrapbook. We are planning anoher trip in Fall 2008.

Great idea for the Atlantic Canada group.

Cheerspixiedust:

Hi there,

I thought you might like to know that there are a few hotels near the Bangor Airport that are under 80$ per night and offer free parking while you are away on your trip. I have a few friends who have done this with no problems. I will get the names of the hotels from post them ASAP.

Cheers,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter