Atlanta has the rudest drivers!!!

KimR

DIS Veteran<br><font color=teal>Needs to lay off t
This one really takes the cake. I was on the way home from taking DD to the doctor today and traffic was backed up at a stoplight. I had left some space between my van and the car ahead in order to allow cars turning left into or out of a sidestreet to pass through. I don't like to block sidestreets while waiting for a light - it's just common courtesy, right?!! Well, the guy behind me decided he coldn't spare the extra .00000001 seconds to get whereever he was going and everyone else be darned because he pulled AROUND me into the empty space I had left to allow people to turn. :mad: I can't imagine what would posses someone to do that? :sad2: What a moron.

Well, I'm through dealing with rude drivers for the day. I'm sitting here de-stressing, chilling out, venting on the DIS with my Friday-night margarita waiting for DH to come with take-out Italian. My evening will hopefully improve. :flower:

yeah everytime we go to atlanta i think dh is going to have a stroke from the traffic. he's not very chill about it at all.

Sounds like everyday traffic in Philly and my suburb at 5 pm. Thats normal everyday stuff.

I had a person come out of his car and curse at me because I didn't want to block up the street so he could pull out.

Fortunately a cop saw this guy do this and read him the riot act.

Yeah, I hate that, too! Unfortunately, it's not just Atlanta that does this. It happens out where I live as well...

as the song goes. . . .

welcome to atlanta. . . .

have you ever tried driving 400 at 6/7 am?? --- YIKES!!! That is why I start work at 5:30!!

I'm 17 and have NEVER driven in Atlanta. Gosh, I'm too scared to. Whenever we go my dad drives.

I'm surprised! Seriously, my nephew and his wife moved to Atlanta about a year ago, and he said it's the BEST city in which to drive. He said there's no road rage.

I'm only commenting on what he told us, and some of you might be ready to pounce on this one ( :rotfl: ).

He's from Dallas. Have any of you driven there? (I live close to Dallas, and the driving there is the pits.)

Why do you think I moved away from Atlanta!??!

They are so nuts up there.

WELCOME TO ATLANTA!!!

I know!!! Why do you think we move from Gwinnett County!
We are in better shape over here, i don't go the the city unless i need to, and OMG people are rude, stupid and ..... you know!

My poor kids asked me to take them to the braves game all the time during season ,and just the idea of going down there makes me sick.

The traffic is horrible !!!!

KimR said:
This one really takes the cake. I was on the way home from taking DD to the doctor today and traffic was backed up at a stoplight. I had left some space between my van and the car ahead in order to allow cars turning left into or out of a sidestreet to pass through. I don't like to block sidestreets while waiting for a light - it's just common courtesy, right?!! Well, the guy behind me decided he coldn't spare the extra .00000001 seconds to get whereever he was going and everyone else be darned because he pulled AROUND me into the empty space I had left to allow people to turn. :mad: I can't imagine what would posses someone to do that? :sad2: What a moron.

Well, I'm through dealing with rude drivers for the day. I'm sitting here de-stressing, chilling out, venting on the DIS with my Friday-night margarita waiting for DH to come with take-out Italian. My evening will hopefully improve. :flower:

Are you serious???Come drive in Massachusetts some day and this will seem like a Sunday walk in the park.

Mickeyhugger said:
I'm surprised! Seriously, my nephew and his wife moved to Atlanta about a year ago, and he said it's the BEST city in which to drive. He said there's no road rage.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ok, if you ever needed proof, you now have it. Your nephew and his wife are on drugs. ;) Maggie

Mickeyhugger said:

WHAT????? You are kidding right????

ROAD RAGE is Atlanta's last name! :earseek:

I almost have a stroke when driving in Atlanta!!!! One time my hubby beeped at someone that almost hit us...it was thisclose.....while pulling into a line for the on ramp. I told my hubby STOP!!!!! Sure enough the lunatic got out of his vehicle and PUNCHED the driver's side window!!!!!! :earseek: :earseek: It didn't break but I told my hubby to punch it and hit the suicide lane!!!

Atlanta is the only city where DH has had a gun pulled on him in traffic. :eek:
By a guy who cut him off, no less! What was DH supposed to do? Anticipate that this THUG wanted to cut him off and stop traffic on the connector to allow him to do so? :confused: Luckily, there was an exit right there and DH flew off on it. Wasn't too interested to find out how that little interaction was going to play out!

That said, we still have family in Atlanta and do not hesitate to drive there....we just try to avoid the nuts if we can see them coming! Oh, and traffic's bad in the last 3 places we've lived (DC, Norfolk area, and now Tampa) so I guess it just feels like home after all this time! Ugh.

I totally agree. I posted here about my Aunt who pissed a guy off in Atlanta (recently) who preceded to break her window in and beat the crap out of her.

This is the main reason we got the heck out of there 14 years ago.

I was on my way to the phillips arena to see Disney on ice last Nov, with my kids and we went to the HOV lane the speed limit is 55MPH pass the spagetti juction, well this moron was honking and getting so close to me, i was already at 65MPH NO ONE GOES AT 55! So he passed me and got in front of me, then he hit the brake, i almost hit the wall, my kids were so scare. People get kill everyday bcs of people like this.

Another time we went to the ZOO and the parking was full, so we finally found a spot but another lady was trying to park at the same time, front the other side, i was alredy half way in the space, so she showed me the finger, yelled etc, her kids were in her van also.
So we got out, ignored her, but when we got back at the end of the day, MY 4 TIRES WERE DESTROYED, also she scrached all over my van with a key or something, she spit all over the window and broke the antenna, also broke my WDW tag. All bcs i parked before she did.

I think what makes Atlanta drivers worse is that the city is not pedestrian friendly, so drivers have the right of way, and they know it. I lived in downtown Atlanta for 3 years, and walked to work everyday (most people drive). I got run over almost everyday. I couldn't even walk on my own light.

As for road rage, we've had a couple of guns pulled on us on the highways.

We used to drive up to atl all the time to go shopping and just to get out of dodge, but we haven't been up there in a while. Gas is just too expensive for us to go shopping for stuff that's here in town too, but thank goodness nothing has ever happened to us. I guess I'm the nut on the nut on the road because I'll beep my horn in a second. I guess that's from driving in CA all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter