• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Atkins .....

dustysky

DIS Veteran
This is a thread for those who have followed or are currently following Atkins.
PLEASE no flames or insults. What works for some may not work for others.

That being said I am on 8 and down 7 pounds :cool1: .
I have 100 to loose to get to goal but would be SO happy to start with a mini goal of 10 then 20 then 50 and so on.

I would LOVE to be able to share snack ideas (easy ones) and meal ideas as well.

Any input would be GREAT ......

Dustysky,
Have you tried the Atkins webstie??? There are all kinds of recipes and many not only taste great BUT are very easy to make. When I was on Atkins, sometimes for a quick snack, I'd have the Atkins bars on hand. They are not only good for a quick snack but a quick meal when on the run also... Good Luck.

I lost 50lbs on Atkins and kept it off for almost 2 years

I have recently gained back 20 (i'm blaming a new med), so I'm having to diet again.

I don't think I'm going to do atkins, but I do know that low sugar and low refined carbs works really well for me!

Good luck! I'm here to listen/support whenver you need it!

I lost alot using Atkins in 04 when i tried it

than i slipped and now have to get motivated
again

since i know it works
I am starting Today back With Atkins

Good Luck to you :wizard: ( and Me ;) )

Cool, so glad to see some other who are also doing atkins.

I have looked at the site a little but they just push there pre made stuff so hard and when I start using any of that I stall.
So far my fav. snack is a handfull of pepperoni and some cream cheese... yum :)

Done Atkins on and off for years. I need to lose about 25 pounds right now but I am not motivated to get back on it yet. My husband has been doing it for about 2 weeks. My favorite snack is thin sliced smoked ham wrapped around part of a piece of string cheese. We also like to cut up smoked sausage and hunks of cheddar cheese. I really do well on the diet except I have to admit eggs in the morning was really getting to me!! Good luck! I'm sure I'll join you soon!

check out lowcarbfriends.com - I think you'll love it!

I started last Thursday and am having a hard time. I did it two years ago and lost 25# and felt fabulous til DH took me on a wonderful birthday trip to a B&B and sadly I slipped. I got super sick but had way too hard of a time getting back on so I just stopped. I kept the weight off til about 7 months ago when I started gaining again - blaming that on the stress of nursing school.

anyway, I want to lose around 55 pounds.

:cool1: I'm with you guys! I did atkins a couple of years ago and kept the weight off, but have never really reached my goal :guilty: . So this week after struggling the last couple of weeks not being able to make the scale budge due to poor eating habits, I decided to jump start my body again with induction, which I feel will help my body remember that constant snacking on sugary sweets isn't a great thing. This morning is day 2 and I don't feel that bad except for a headache that I can't seem to shake. The headache started yesterday afternoon, and was still here when I woke up, but spring is in full swing here and I'm not sure if it's atkins, or just something blooming that's giving me a headache. Lol, it would be my luck that it's probably one of the new plants that I just put in the yard :lmao: ! Good Luck, Onwards & Downwards!

Kelly

Hi Everyone,

Count me in ! I'm on day 5 and i've lost 4 pounds. Atkins has been the only thing (well Low Carb) that really works for me. I am being super strict during this induction period because I know you only usually get that one shot at the induction working and working well. I am also exercising 4x a week - mostly walking with the kids or going to the gym. I just broke back down into the 150's and my ideal weight is about 140 - i'm 5'7". I weighed that 2 years ago so I know I can do it - no excuses.

I like the Crustless Canadian Bacon Quiche as my favorite!

Good luck to everyone!

HELP!! I did adkins a few years ago and did great and it stayed off but I never did reach my goal. I tried it 3 or4 times since and even though I was really godd it hasn't worked for me again :sad2: Any suggestion?

TO the op--- some snacks I did was sliced pepperoni, munster cheese (from Costco yum), sliced cucumber & ranch, I was very strict when I did it never went over 20 carbs but I did allow myself salads (w/ tomatoe) I also would wrap bacon or chicken salad in a big leaf of lettuce. It's been over 2 years since my first time so I will talk to my friend that I did it w/ and see what she remembers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter