Atkins/Here is my log

Frazier

Earning My Ears
Well I am finally on day 1 of Atkins, I sure hope I can do this. I am looking to everyone on here for support. Everyone is doing so good. I am going to WDW for the first time November 22-29 and can't wait. I would love to lose 20lbs before then but at this point will take what I can get. :earsgirl: I signed up for the countdown but I don't know how to post it. Well anyway wish me luck.

Good luck! Congratulations on joining WISH. You'll find lots of nice people here who will support you and help you along the way.

I'm doing Protein Power...a modified Atkins. Just take it one step at a time and set small goals for yourself. You'll do fine.

I wish I were going to WDW this year. My DS and his family are going in November. Maybe next year. This year we did a cruise.

Any weight you lose before then will be a big help. I lost 15 and already my knees are so much better and I can walk a lot longer.

Thank you NancyJ, support means so much! I will do my best! You are doing well, 15lbs that is so awesome!:chat:

Atkins has worked great for me. I'm now starting my fourth week and have lost 18 pounds, so you should be able to meet your goal. Best of luck!!

Thanks everyone, this hardest for me is no coffee with my hazelnut cream, nothing else bothers me.::MinnieMo

The other day I bought a hazelnut decaf at Wawa and put half and half in it. It probably wasn't as good as what you're used to, but it could be a treat now and then.

I also finally found the Zcarb chocolate bars at 7-Eleven (no carbs). They tasted pretty good. It's like a Hershey bar with almonds but made of dark chocolate. I just took a small piece so far, but I'll be buying them again. Much more satisfying than the Atkins Advantage bars as a snack.

Good Luck and Welcome to the Low-Carb Lifestyle. I'm doing my own modified version of Atkins. I'm not eating any breads, potatoes, or starches. The only carbs I am eating are select veggies, mostly salad. As for protein, I am eating mostly poultry (turkey sausage is great for breakfast!). I am also only drinking water, eating small portions, and cutting all caffeine out of my diet. And I don't eat after 6:00 pm. I started my diet last tuesday and I've lost 10 lbs so far. We are all here to support you in anyway we can. I know if you stick with it you can achieve your goal. :teeth:

Originally posted by nancyj_pa
The other day I bought a hazelnut decaf at Wawa and put half and half in it. It probably wasn't as good as what you're used to, but it could be a treat now and then.

I also finally found the Zcarb chocolate bars at 7-Eleven (no carbs). They tasted pretty good. It's like a Hershey bar with almonds but made of dark chocolate. I just took a small piece so far, but I'll be buying them again. Much more satisfying than the Atkins Advantage bars as a snack.

NancyJ,

I was at the health food store the other day and I found these things called Carb Slim Peanut Butter Crunch Bites. They're little chocolate flavored crisps covered with chocolate and peanut butter. They are soooooo good. They are made with splenda and have 0 net carbs. And the best part is they taste like Reese's Pieces with chocolate in them. They are great for going to the movies. That way you can eat your candy will watching a movie and still stay low-carb.

Here's a website where you can buy them online. They make caramel too.

http://www9.netrition.com/breakthrough_carb_slim_bites_page.html

-Brina

Brina, Thanks for the info on the CarbSlim. I LOVE Reese's and have missed them. I'll probably be trying these soon.

Nancy

Nancy,
Thanks that sounds good, well worth the trip to wawa, I do have a diet coke a day, that just curbs that urge to have something sweet and it seems to make me feel full.:wave: Oh I have been looking for those bars.

Brina,
Girl you just don't know how much that is going help I will be ordering that candy tonight!!! Thanks so much, how is your diet going?:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter