ATA Leaving Midway?

profdsny

DIS Veteran
According to a story in today's Crains, ATA is closing its base at Chicago Midway. As this has been the best way to Orlando, and DVC for many, including us, this is shocking. We were set to book for our next trip. Has anyone else heard more of this? Looks like it may be back to driving again to WDW.

Haven't heard any news about ATA (love their Orlando rates!) but I would think it would be better to drive over to O'Hare airport than travel by car to Orlando! Been there done that too many times to count!:crazy:

Originally posted by profdsny
According to a story in today's Crains, ATA is closing its base at Chicago Midway.
Saying that "ATA closing its base at Chicago Midway" sends the wrong message. See the following thread on the Transportation board: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=631423

In summary, Crain's reported that the Financial Times wrote that ATA has put its Chicago Midway Airport operations up for sale. ATA responded "We are not abandoning Chicago Midway, nor are we canceling any flights." ATA is in financial trouble, but so are most other airlines.

We are going home to OKW this Nov. on ATA from Indianapolis(their home base) for $134.00 round trip per person. MS was unable to get us a rate close to that. They are in trouble but with rates this low it was too hard to pass up...smjj

We're going in Sept on AA from ORD for $136/rt. I've booked next June for return home to BWV again on AA for $168/rt. We usually fly ME from MKE for around $200 but AA has been hard to beat lately. Might have something to do with TED now flying to MCO.

ATA is denying that they will pull out of Midway, although they are restructuring- They are the best choice for us too- I can't believe that route is not profitable for them, every one I've been on has been packed- hate to say this, but there's always Southwest-

i am a little shock to because we always fly ATA and so does my family, as a matter fact DF has three trips booked on ATA and we have two, the only time we are not flying ATA is for christmas Spirit was much cheaper out of Ohare.

Acording to the report I read in the Daily Herald (a local Chicago area paper) ATA has already contacted a law firm to sell their gates and get them out of their leases on 40 planes. ATA has made no comment as of the writing of the article. But it sounds like they will either pull out or cut flights like crazy.

Doesn't affect me, I fly United out of O'Hare. I just wait for sales and pay the same low rate as the peanut carriers out of Midway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter