At Windsor Hills RIGHT NOW....

Disney Magic...

The kids are so in love with the tvs, pool, space, Disney theme parks, eating out....they haven't really said one negative thing. We were even talking this morning about the Disney buses and I said 'do you miss the buses?' EVERYONE YELLED NO. LOL. We actually thought they were fun when we were riding them. It's just really truly so much easier and faster and nicer to be in your own vehicle.....I didn't really believe all the people who said that. I do now....:worship:

I keep trying to remind myself that they don't know about the resorts magic and wouldn't care - theyr'e only 4.9:rolleyes: I think...no I know its my issue. I just want this to be a special trip. My husband reminds me that a trip to the Children's Musuem is special to them so I am worrying myself for no reason - I think he's right (shh...don't tell him :lmao:). Anyhoo, thanks for sharing and I am excited about our trip and really love being able to share in someone elses!

We did a HGVC/WL split stay one year. My 7 yo son's very best memory was the tub in the HGVC suite ;)

He wasn't too hung up on the onsite 'Disney magic' I guess!

I'm glad you're having such a good time! We are returning to WH in August. We made our first trip there last October and the kids loved it!

Does anyone know of a good pizza place nearby? We're thinking of take-out pizza/sandwiches for our first dinner, so that we can just enjoy the property and not worry about cooking in!

I do love you're idea of Olive Garden sauces for take-out! We may be using that one.

Oh Thank You for posting!!! We are looking into WH for next summer. It will be our very first trip and I am not 100% sure about staying for the $$ on site.. I think I calculated about $1000 difference w/o souvies

So we let the kids pick favorites to repeat...yesterday was Studios. It was MORE crowded [it seemed] than Sunday Star Wars day. That day was a non-recommended crowd day so we expected this to be a little better...but this was a with warning day because of the 2 shows of Fantasmic....
we were only doing favorites and it didn't take much time at all...we were in line 30 minutes early....were able to ride TSM, see UP characters and Mickey with the sorcerer hat [UP was our longest wait this week. LOL], do IN Jones [did LMA Sunday], watch front row HSM3, ride RnR [fast passes earlier]...by NOON. Grabbed fastpasses for RnR and TOT [2 wanted to do RnR and 3 TOT] and headed to DTD for lunch finally get the souvies over with and back to condo....

when we left DTD after walked into condo...DOWNPOUR with thunder and lightning....wondered if we could go back for Fantasmic....everyone played with their goodies....

Funny aside....my DD 8 yo did the fill the box with my little ponies thing [so cute]. We were thinking of one pony and all the outfits when this ultra-organized mom [laying out all the outfit pieces to make sure she had everything etc.] decides we need help. She is a super packer. She got a bed, 3 ponies and every princess outfit plus extras in our box....LOL. She had even more in hers but I felt guilty enough. The worker did say if you can fit it, get it. Anyway....she was sooo excited. I asked the mom to help me pack later!!

Rain stopped by 6 ish....so we headed out at 7pm...were in line for Fantasmic at 7:30....so you know how quick to get back, checked in, and walk to Fantasmic with 3 kiddos.

Fantastic time! People were still able to get seated at 8:30 ish....it was full though and we had great spots plus had packed snacks and gameboys, ds, etc.

Show ended at 9:30 and we left park at 9:52....home within 10-15 minutes. FANTASIC.

Today is repeat day Animal Kingdom...then I'm forcing family to go to Fort Wilderness because I really want to check it out...so I'm researching right now what to do, etc.

Hoping we can hit pool today...we haven't been able to since Tuesday because of timing and/or rain. Boo hoo.

Trish

OK so I promised pics of the pool.

Warning to some though. They put in this new dowel for measuring at the slide and wouldn't let my son who's been enjoying the slide all week. How stupid is that! He's done RnRoller Coaster, Everest, etc. but not the Windsor Hills....LOL. So that left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm almost positive he's 48" but I didn't want to throw a big fit [I was already hot because the lifeguard was rude!]

Here's pics...I"m just glad its last day there as that would have been a huge damper at the beginning of the week.

P1040018.jpg

P1040014.jpg

P1040017.jpg

P1040016.jpg

We're packing up today...had lots of leftovers for lunch...sandwiches is the plan for dinner...I'm still hoping to check out fort wilderness later...we'll see.

Trish

We stayed at WH last week and I was not impressed at all. We stayed in a TH and had to go to Target to get a few cans of raid for the ants and roaches:scared1:
It was kinda boring around there too.
Just my two cents:)

Sorry you had a bad experience....yuck!

it's definitely quiet here.

We went to Ft Wilderness tonight for the campfire singalong and to check it out...the pool was crazy packed.....

Trish

There was a question earlier about towels at the pool at WH - no, they do not supply any towels. Our two different condos did have pool towels for us to use.

And a question about pizza places - both times we went there were flyers left at the condo for local delivery places. They were either on the counter, front door, or in a drawer in the kitchen. You could also ask at the desk at the pool if you do not have any flyers. They were not big chain pizza places, but I imagine there is a big chain that services there.

Regarding condos, we rented one that was truly nasty and one that was just lovely and perfect. It really depends on who you rent from.

Its really nice to have separate bedrooms, a kitchen, and a washer/dryer. I have to wash clothes every day at home, and was so glad to have most of our clothes clean when I got home from WH. Our kids loved the t.v.'s in the room too. And the 2nd place we stayed had a PS2. And a view of fireworks every night.

We loved staying there as far as location and will definitely go back again. Our trip this past May, we stayed at POR and really missed the three bedrooms and our own vehicle (flew down that trip). The buses can really take a long time with the stops at more than one resort and more than one bus stop in your resort. It would take an hour to get home from DTD via bus. It would take 15 min. in our own car.

WH is very close. We were in the parking lot of the parks within 10-15 min., AK being the closest and MK being the furthest. We were at park opening every morning (which has always been a struggle for us with catching a bus). It took 30 min. to get to MK, door to gate. That's walking out of the 3rd floor condo door, down three flights of stairs, getting all the kids in the car, driving, paying for parking, taking shuttle, taking ferry or monorail, and walking to the gate. It would be shorter if you don't have 3 kids slowing you down.

I have enjoyed staying at WH and enjoyed staying on Disney property. They both have their plusses and minuses. For those booked to stay there soon, I think you will really enjoy it. Its a nice resort with a nice pool. A very comfortable place to stay and a fraction of the price of on-site.

Trish - thanks so much for your pictures and information - you've got me sooo excited now! We leave on Thursday for our first stay in a WH TH. SuperTarget will definitely be hit on Thurs. night. Thanks, again - and glad you had such a great time!

I know we have to be careful about offering info on here, so if someone could pm me that would be fine......where can I book this exact condo? The pictures look great and the location sounds perfect too. We stayed offsite a couple of years ago in a 3 bedroom and loved it,but it was a bit further down 192 than WH. We went back to disney onsite this past February to 2 rooms, but now seem to prefer more space than being onsite! Great reviews and pics Trish! Thanks!!

WH is very close. We were in the parking lot of the parks within 10-15 min., AK being the closest and MK being the furthest. We were at park opening every morning (which has always been a struggle for us with catching a bus). It took 30 min. to get to MK, door to gate. That's walking out of the 3rd floor condo door, down three flights of stairs, getting all the kids in the car, driving, paying for parking, taking shuttle, taking ferry or monorail, and walking to the gate. It would be shorter if you don't have 3 kids slowing you down.

Thanks for this info, this is exactly what I was hoping to hear. That's definitely faster than taking the buses.

Just arrived to a 3 bedroom townhouse with splash pool. We are very happy with it. Kids have been in the splash pool since 8:30am. I have an 8 & 10 year old and they have plenty of room to swim. Much bigger than a hot tub.

The ride to MK yesterday was great - not even 10 minutes. It was WAY crowded. Ugghhh.. We took our time and got everything done. A storm was coming in so we left before Wishes (not sure of they had it).

We will be checking out the main pool today. We would definitely stay here again. We always stay onsite, but were able to add this trip on due to the great rate each night.

This is what I love to hear! My kids, 8, 10 and 12 are beside themselves with excitement about the splash pool :banana:

Glad to hear the house is nice :) If you get a chance, amidst all the fun, can you post some pics?

This is my first time being fully offsite for the entire trip, I am a teensy bit nervous, but I have to say, all the great feedback on this board lately is helping me enormously...

Don't for the .69c cheeseburgers at Checkers LOL!

The ride to MK yesterday was great - not even 10 minutes. It was WAY crowded. Ugghhh.. We took our time and got everything done. A storm was coming in so we left before Wishes (not sure of they had it).

Yesterday was EMH at the MK, which is probably why it was so packed. Glad to hear you got there so quickly, though!

Thanks for taking the time to post !!
My kids keep looking up our WH townhouse and drooling over the splash pool too !:rotfl2:
They are 9,8 and 4.
Would love to see pics toopopcorn::

I love hearing from people that are currently at WH! We'll be there tomorrow and my kiddos are excited about the splash pool, too - not sure which one of us is more excited at this point - probably won't be a lot of sleeping going on in this house tonight....

For those of you who've already stayed at WH...how often does the pool cleaning guy come? I am nervous about leaving the gate at the back open for pool maintenance because of security. I wonder if I can schedule the visits so that I can be there?

I know, I know uber paranioa...

For those of you who've already stayed at WH...how often does the pool cleaning guy come? I am nervous about leaving the gate at the back open for pool maintenance because of security. I wonder if I can schedule the visits so that I can be there?

I know, I know uber paranioa...

Well I was there 2 weeks last year and I can tell you they dont come as often as they should. I saw the guy 1 time and he didnt see me inside. He was looking around ( kinda nosey) and basically pretended to clean the pool for maybe 5 minutes and left.

I noticed from staying at WH before that they almost all the houses have little rips in the screen near the door handle from the pool workers sticking their fingers through the screen to let themselves in.

Just make sure everything is locked up before you head out. Dont leave anything of value by the pool area . Our people we rent from also have extra alarms and locks on our doors so turn those on as well.

Not saying there is anything to worry about but WH is like anywhere else. There was a break-in( Not at our house but a different home) last year while we were there. Most of the workers bear watching as well. ( this would be the same onsite at Disney as well though).

If I am staying for a while I bring a little pool test kit from home and check the water myself as well. ( since we have a pool here and stay so long or else I wouldnt bother)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter