At which point do points go on hold?

Kelnick

Mouseketeer
My brother just informed me he might not be able to use the reservations I made for him, if I am more than a month out do the points go in holding, and then if they do I can only use those points two months in advance.? I AM SOOOOO MAD AT HIM RIGHT NOW!!

Cancel 31 days before and the points go back to where they came from. Holding points can only be used for reservations made 2 months before your arrival date.

:earsboy: Bill

Cancel 31 days before and the points go back to where they came from. Holding points can only be used for reservations made 4 months before your arrival date.

I thought that holding points could only be used 2 months out?

I thought that holding points could only be used 2 months out?

Thanks for keeping me straight! You are correct, 2 months before the check in date. I will correct my post.

Don't tell anyone but our last stay used holding points and I mistakingly booked at 4 months before check in. :scared1:

Thanks for keeping me straight! You are correct, 2 months before the check in date. I will correct my post.

Don't tell anyone but our last stay used holding points and I mistakingly booked at 4 months before check in. :scared1:

Glad to hear a faithful DISer got a break! :goodvibes

Be sure you remember the banking window.

And, that if you used borrowed points, they will expire at the end of the UY in which the trip was planned--those can't be put back, regardless of how far in advance a trip is cancelled.

So if my UY is november and they are 2011 points and originally would need to be used by next November, can they be banked? Or put back, or will I need to use them? Still confused??

So if my UY is november and they are 2011 points and originally would need to be used by next November, can they be banked? Or put back, or will I need to use them? Still confused??

Was the reservation for after Nov 1, 2011 and they were all Nov 2011 points? If so, you have the entire year to use them or bank them by June 30, 2012.

But if the reservation was for before Nov 1, 2011, you'll have to use them before that date. You are past your banking deadline.

Depends on when the reservation is for. If the trip is after Nov 1 then they will just go back to your 2011 UY but if you borrowed points for a trip before Nov 1 then they will expire on Oct 31st and need to be used before then.

Denise in MI

So yes they are borrowed points and my ressie is for Oct. I think my UY is Nov or Dec, i tried to find it on he member site but couldn't find on there. I know you all cannot believe i don't know my UY but i did not know about DIS before my purchase and really didn't know anything about DVC i just WANTED to be a part of " THE SECRET "
So I guess I am back to square one my options now are to upgrade for Oct, NOT gunna happen right? I either end up borrowing more points or still losing some. Or i can try to rent out my ressie. DANG IT. I am not doing this again w/out money up front from family.

So yes they are borrowed points and my ressie is for Oct. I think my UY is Nov or Dec, i tried to find it on he member site but couldn't find on there. I know you all cannot believe i don't know my UY but i did not know about DIS before my purchase and really didn't know anything about DVC i just WANTED to be a part of " THE SECRET "
So I guess I am back to square one my options now are to upgrade for Oct, NOT gunna happen right? I either end up borrowing more points or still losing some. Or i can try to rent out my ressie. DANG IT. I am not doing this again w/out money up front from family.

There are no November use years, so it must be December.

If they are borrowed points for an October stay, then they will have to be used by 11/30/11.

Thank you for all your help, it is just as everyone said. The points need to be used ASAP. So I have some work to do. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter