At what age do you remember your first Disney trip?

I went to DL when I was 3, and don't remember it. Went to WDW when I was 13 or so, and of course remember it more.

Took my daughter when she was 3 (she's 5 now). One day she'll say she doesn't remember, other days she will. Take lots of photos, do a photo book for them to look at, and have fun with it. Any age is good, as long as everyone has fun.

i had mine at two and remember it and my oldest went when she was 2 and a half and remembers it very well

I went on my first Disney trip when I was 25 and I barely remember any of it. My youngest went on his first trip when he was not quite 2 and still makes references to it 2 years later. His second trip was last year (at not quite 3) and when we talk about our upcoming trip, his comment is "I want to ride Dumbo with Mommy!" Because he had to ride Dumbo with Daddy last year and that was apparently unacceptable and he screamed the whole time. Yes, we had that kid who was having no fun at Disney.

I was 4 in 1975

My first trip was when I was 4 and a 1/2 - also in 1975. I remember the fireworks and I remember riding the teacups. Not much else - but my parents of course have many more fond memories that they cherish from that trip.

I also still have the silhouette profile cut out of myself from that trip in a frame. My DH has it hanging in his office.

I was 6 in 1972

greg3b.jpg

I was there in July of 1972, too! (I was 10.)

My parents took me right before my 3rd birthday and again at age 4. I have a few memories, but that's it. My grandparents took me for a few days when I was 5, 6 and 7 since they lived 2 hours away, and I have a few memories from those trips, too. Honestly, I don't remember much of any trips to Orlando until I went to Universal with my Girl Scout troop at age 8. I would never wait that late to take my kids if I could avoid it! 3 or 4 is a great age, especially if they are potty-trained and taking one nap a day. We took my son for the first time when he was almost 3 1/2. He had an amazing time and I hope he's a Disney fan for life now. :goodvibes I can't say for sure how many memories he'll have as an adult, but we took tons of pictures, and DH and I will always remember those firsts.

I was 7 (29 years ago) and I remember pretty much everything about that trip. It was great trip! :)

My first trip was age 4. I remember parts of it but not much. My mom tells me stories about it. She thought Big Thunder Mountain was a little choo choo train ride so she took me on it. Needless to say she quickly found out it was a bit more of a thrill ride. It terrorized me and I didn't ride another "roller coaster" until I was 13.

:)DH took me for my first trip in 2002 at age....34. I was hooked instantly. My parents just could not afford to take us when we were little and I can remember asking then to go. I am sure that broke their hearts at times. We did have other great family vacations. Not having those WDW trips helped my parents pay for two college degrees for me and my brother.

Now my brother takes his children every 3-4 years and I take the parents every other year. I love treating them to DVC. They are joining us for our Nov trip this year then MIL returns with us in May 2014...yep poor DH created a monster.

I didn't get to go to WDW until I was in my early 20s. Oldest DD was 4 on that trip- she doesn't remember it, but loves looking at the pictures and knows some of the details from videos and from what have told her about it. She remembers some of the things we did on trips we took after that (ages 6 and 7), and pretty much everything from the trips ages 10 and up.

ETA: my other kids also have "vague" memories of our last trip (when they were ages 5 and 8). They remember some of the attractions and a few details, but not everything. I'm hoping the memories we make on our trip this month will stay with them forever!

Oh, and to keep the memory thing in perspective - we moved to TX from NJ when DS(9) was 5. When he was 8 we went back to NJ to visit, and he remembered NOTHING of our old house (which we lived in his entire life until our big move to TX), nothing of our old neighborhood and favorite restaurants, his old preschool, etc. He really didn't remember living in NJ at all. So, one trip to WDW when they are 3 or 4 will likely only be remembered if you show photos and videos and talk about it a lot!

7. Stayed at poly. Returned 28 years later with my own kids, and it was every bit as magical as I remembered. How often does THAT happen?

I was 17 when I went for the first time. It was my senior class trip and we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort. I remember every minute and it hooked me forever.

DD was 2.75 on our first trip to Disneyland and she remembers none of it. DS was turning 6 and he remembers it well. We went again when she was 4.5 and she remembers a great deal of that trip.

I went in 1976 at age 10! I stayed at the Golf Resort. The Golf Resort is now The Shades of Green hotel. In 1976, there was only 3 hotels. The Golf Resort, The Poly, and the Contemporary! My next time back was 1986, then 1994, 2x in 1999, 2007, 2x in 2009, 2011! Trying to make it back for next year!

Personally, it was the trip we took when I was 3 that I'm able to fully recall. My DD (4) however remembers even the most minute details for the vacation we took when she was 2!

28 years old! So sad! I took my son for the first time when he was 1, then at 2 and his 3rd trip in as many years, in 13 days!

For all of you who say that you'll remember the trip even if the kid doesn't, take lots of pictures. My parents took me when I was 3 weeks old and aparently lost the pictures along with their memories because they insisted for YEARS that my first trip was at three. My brother, who was 9 at the time, is the only one who remembers my first trip.

I have several memories of the 3yo trip because it was also my first camping trip at Fort Wilderness. We stayed in my grandparents RV and went to River Country.

The only memory I have from the parks is of Mickey looming over me and I punched him in the nose. My mom and grandmas freaked while the guys all cracked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter