At WDW Now - Used GAD Fastpass for Epcot & DHS

I bet Splash wasn't included because it was closed. I'm sure they'll add it after it reopens from refurbishment.

Fantastic information, thank you!! I am so excited now. We just finished our 8 blankets last night for Project Linus so that the 4 of us can redeem for fastpass cards (one for each park, and there are 6 of us total).

Thanks so much for all the information and for taking time to update us during your vacation!!

I have a really complicated question about the way the different ticket windows work, if any of the ticket experts out there can bear with me through all the plot twists.

I now understand that "Will-Call" is the place to go for either the "free day" or the "fastpass" GAD exchange. My question is whether the folks at the will call window could also upgrade a non-GAD ticket at the same time, or whether a different window would be required for that.

Here's why it matters: we'll be arriving midday on day 1 of a 2-day trip and would like to use our GAD voucher (we'll just have one) to get the fastpass option at Epcot on our arrival day. But, there's a chance the GAD fastpasses will be gone by the time we get there (which might be as late as 3 or 4 pm). If that were the case, we'd rather use the GAD for park entry for one of us that day. As of right now, we have package tickets for 1 day only. If we wanted to use the GAD fastpass option, an upgrade of those tickets to 2-day would be necessary before we'd qualify to get the GAD fastpass (since you must "already" have a valid multi-day pass). But if the fastpasses are all gone by the time we arrive, we'd rather just upgrade my husband's ticket to 2-day (he won't have a voucher) and use my GAD voucher for park entry on arrival day (saving my package ticket to use for entry on day 2). So, my question is whether there's a single window we could go to and sort all this out in one place and make decisions and upgrades on the spot as needed, or whether we'd need to commit in advance to the 2-day upgrade (at some separate window) in order to have a chance at a GAD fastpass. If we did that and the FPs were gone we could of course either donate the voucher or get a GAD FP the next day (though it wouldn't be as useful to us on the second day, given our plans).

Or, would another possibility be to get a CM at the resort to take our package tickets off our KTTW cards and upgrade one of them to 2-day but not the other one? (Is that even possible?) I understand from one of the stickies that the KTTW cards have names printed on them but if the tickets were taken off the cards, would it be possible to upgrade one of them to 2 days without indicating, prior to first use, which ticket was whose? If that were possible, we could treat the 2-day one as mine if FPs were available (so we'd qualify for the FP option) and as my husband's if they were not (leaving me free to use my GAD for entry). But I don't know enough about how the ticket systems work to know whether this would even be a possibility. Perhaps all tickets have to be tied to a specific person right from the outset?

I am following the thread about how late GAD FPs will be available and am aware of the birthday FP experience (no known cases of them running out), but we'll be there at one of the busiest times imaginable (spring break).

Thanks to anyone who has even made it through this message!

WOW:)
You got the full $79 dollar value on the multiday ticket!!!!!!!

That is sooo exciting. Thank you soooooooo much for the info :worship:
Now if only Sept would hurry up and get here.

One your KTTW is issued the tickets may be individually upgraded; it is only before the tickets are actually issed that everyone on the reservation must have the same entitlements.

To get one of the options other than the free ticket you must have a valid multi-day pass in hand to show at the will-call window. For more than one person to get the alternate item each must have a valid multi-day ticket.

If you do get the free ticket it is valid that day only. If it is not used that day it is void and will not be replaced and cannot be used for anything. Once the ticket is used you will have up to 14 days, including that day, to do any upgrade.

And an upgrade is taking one ticket, adding cash (or something similar) and ending up with one ticket with additional days and/or options.

Thanks for all the info everyone! Just a question. We will be heading down in the fall with a family of 4 my DD (4) is to young to volunteer for GAD so we will only have 3 vouchers. Do you guys think it is better to use the vouchers for $79 off our 5 day ticket or for the Fast Passes? Just looking for opinions.

From Cheshire Figment: To get one of the options other than the free ticket you must have a valid multi-day pass in hand to show at the will-call window.

Thanks!! Just to be sure I understand: when you say that I must have the multi-day ticket "in hand" at will call to get the FP, you mean it is impossible for me to first upgrade my one-day ticket to a multi-day ticket at that same will-call window and then use it to obtain the GAD FP? In other words, there is no single window I could go to with my one-day ticket that could both perform the upgrade to multi-day on that ticket and issue a GAD FP based on the new (now multi-day) ticket? Thanks again.

Triplejoy,
Thanks for all the great info. What time did you exchange for FP option at DHS and Epcot?

Thanks so much for the information! We will be using our vouchers for park entry then upgrading to 6 day park hoppers (2 adults & 2 kids). I'm glad to hear it went smoothly for your kids. So it sounds like we have to go to will call first to exchange our vouchers for one day park tickets. Then we enter the park and go to Guest Relations to upgrade? All of the parks have Guest Relations windows outside of the turnstiles as well as inside the parks. Can we go to the Guest Relations window outside the park or do we have to go into the park first before they will allow us to upgrade?

Just want to plan how much time it will take us our first morning.

Thanks!!

We exchanged our vouchers for fastpass options early each morning at DHS and Epcot. We were at the will-call window around 8:30/8:45 each day.

Another note. Even when regular fastpass tickets are no longer available to the general public, the immediate special fastpass can be used. There is one fastpass machine left open for this use. I think this was reported earlier, but just wanted to say it again.

Combined with regular fastpass use, having the special GAD fastpass really made it an exciting visit to WDW. Of course, getting credit for $84.14 per ticket for the GAD voucher is also nice. Either way you go is a positive experience.

Thanks so much for the information! We will be using our vouchers for park entry then upgrading to 6 day park hoppers (2 adults & 2 kids). I'm glad to hear it went smoothly for your kids. So it sounds like we have to go to will call first to exchange our vouchers for one day park tickets. Then we enter the park and go to Guest Relations to upgrade? All of the parks have Guest Relations windows outside of the turnstiles as well as inside the parks. Can we go to the Guest Relations window outside the park or do we have to go into the park first before they will allow us to upgrade?

They are requiring that you use the ticket first, which means going in to the park. But you do not need to upgrade it right away - any time before you next need to enter a park is fine - you actually have 14 days to upgrade the ticket.

They are requiring that you use the ticket first, which means going in to the park. But you do not need to upgrade it right away - any time before you next need to enter a park is fine - you actually have 14 days to upgrade the ticket.

Thanks! That makes sense! We have to visit Guest Relations to get our DS9's Guest Assistance Card, which we usually do outside the park on our first day. We'll just wait and do it inside when we upgrade our tickets.

We have 6 people in our group... but two of them plan on playing golf early in the morning while we are at the park... I want to get the fastpassess so that we can use them later in the day when they join us... will I be able to get theirs if they aren't with me? I can show the golf reservations and have their tickets with me?

We have 6 people in our group... but two of them plan on playing golf early in the morning while we are at the park... I want to get the fastpassess so that we can use them later in the day when they join us... will I be able to get theirs if they aren't with me? I can show the golf reservations and have their tickets with me?

No, if they aren't present you will not be issued cards for them.

Depending what time they are expected to join you, you could wait and then meet them outside at the will-call window and redeem then. But if it is after 11am, the Fastpass may not be available.

Similar to the above post...Where inside do we head if we want to upgrade to a multi-day pass? Seems kind of strange to have to stand in line twice to do so (once outside and then again inside), but if it applies $79 or $68 towards my 6-day pass...I am not complaining!

Similar to the above post...Where inside do we head if we want to upgrade to a multi-day pass? Seems kind of strange to have to stand in line twice to do so (once outside and then again inside), but if it applies $79 or $68 towards my 6-day pass...I am not complaining!

Once inside the park, you can go to any Guest Relations desk and upgrade your tickets. You do not have to do it immediately or even that same day. We entered the park and went about our touring and didn't upgrade our passes until 5pm on that day. It took the CM a little checking on exactly how to do it as it was her first time to do this, but they eventually figured it out after looking up some info and getting a supervisor to assist.

To Befferk - I do not know what time the will-call window opens each day outside the park, but I bet one of the very wise mods on the site will know that info.

triplejoy / rick

Okay - I think I am finally understanding how it all works... just one last question.

Now that I have my fast pass card and I am standing in the park... where do I go to 'get' the actual fast passes?

Okay - I think I am finally understanding how it all works... just one last question.

Now that I have my fast pass card and I am standing in the park... where do I go to 'get' the actual fast passes?

The same place you get your regular Fastpasses - the kiosks at each attraction. You just use the card in place of (or in addition to, if you want an extra FP) your ticket.

If you are unfamiliar with Fastpass in general and how it works, see the link in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter