At TOTWL last week

Jonell

DIS Veteran
We were able to visit TOTWL 3 times during our 10 day stay at BWV. I was able to bring our family members who were staying at ASMo with us. I asked at the check-in desk and was told we were allowed to bring anyone with us that we wanted as long as one person in the party was a DVC Member staying at a resort on property. There were about 50-75 ppl in the lounge and viewing area. Many ppl seemed to be buying drinks and appetizers so that was a good sign. We didn't try the food, but enjoyed wine and cocktails on our visits. Hopefully the lounge will stay busy and will remain open for DVC members.

Thanks for the ToWL update.

I support what DVC/Disney is trying to do with ToWL. Hopefully the uptick in visitors will help the ToWL operating budget.

Glad to hear it! We will try it one night of our early December stay.

Can't wait to try it on our first night of our November trip. We won't get to VWL until 6:00, so we plan on heading over later in the evening for appetizers and drinks for something new to do.

Thanks for the update ......we have visited on our BLT stays...always buy drinks and sometimes food....we are now looking forward to a visit the end of October when we are staying at BWV

We were able to visit TOTWL 3 times during our 10 day stay at BWV. I was able to bring our family members who were staying at ASMo with us. I asked at the check-in desk and was told we were allowed to bring anyone with us that we wanted as long as one person in the party was a DVC Member staying at a resort on property. There were about 50-75 ppl in the lounge and viewing area. Many ppl seemed to be buying drinks and appetizers so that was a good sign. We didn't try the food, but enjoyed wine and cocktails on our visits. Hopefully the lounge will stay busy and will remain open for DVC members.

Can't wait to check it out! Heard such great things and I'm glad they opened up this perk just in time for our week visit starting Saturday!

Just returned home last night and wanted to try TOTWL, but it doesn't open until 5:00 and we were busy doing other things then. We would have loved a mid-afternoon cocktail.

Thanks for the ToWL update.

I support what DVC/Disney is trying to do with ToWL. Hopefully the uptick in visitors will help the ToWL operating budget.

You mean Disney's operating budget? My understanding is that BLT owners don't see any of the money from food and beverage sales. We pay for utilities, maintenance, insurance and cleaning and Disney should paying us a fee for using the space but who knows what it is or how the amount was determined.

:earsboy: Bill

You mean Disney's operating budget? My understanding is that BLT owners don't see any of the money from food and beverage sales. We pay for utilities, maintenance, insurance and cleaning and Disney should paying us a fee for using the space but who knows what it is or how the amount was determined.

Sort of explains why they don't seem to mind keeping it open, doesn't it?

2-3 employees? Doesn't take much to pay just for those. Kinda trims overhead to a minimum, doesn't it? ;)

Sort of explains why they don't seem to mind keeping it open, doesn't it?

2-3 employees? Doesn't take much to pay just for those. Kinda trims overhead to a minimum, doesn't it? ;)

Now you're getting it. :thumbsup2

They make TOTW exclusive to DVC only as a marketing tool.

Then they change the ownership of the space to the members.

Then they open it up to all DVC to see if the increase in business is profitable.

Next they might open it up to all BLT.

If not profitable the lounge will close and BLT owners are stuck paying for a venue that isn't used. :headache:

How is that any different than a guest coming to Olivia's at OKW or having a drink at the BW. Should those staying at BLT not be allowed to go to Saratoga Springs for dinner because they don't pay the electricity or water in the bathrooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter