• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At The World Now - Quick Update

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
Saw Rabbit at Epcot with Pooh at England.

Crowds are quite low. The 7am EMH at MK was great. Ride lines were empty nearly for 2 hours straight.

No soft opening for Test Track. Cars are running but nothing else yet.

Xmas parade - rumor is that Led Zeppelin will reunite and only perform Disney music......:thumbsup2

We're here now too! Was hoping for test track but like OP said nothing but cars running...boards still up at entrance.

We did see Merida right by the International gateway in Epcot. We were headed to Mexico from BWI and she was right there when we turned left after coming through turnstiles. It was at about 4pm. Unfortunately DD4 had fallen asleep in the stroller but DD7 was so excited! So that was a plus for us.

Crowds at Epcot today seemed busy. Very busy.

Glad you are having a good time. I guess you got out of Philly in spite of the rain/snow! Have a great rest of your trip.

We're here now too! Was hoping for test track but like OP said nothing but cars running...boards still up at entrance.

We did see Merida right by the International gateway in Epcot. We were headed to Mexico from BWI and she was right there when we turned left after coming through turnstiles. It was at about 4pm. Unfortunately DD4 had fallen asleep in the stroller but DD7 was so excited! So that was a plus for us.

The studios seemed a little crowded but not too bad.

jhaig said:
Xmas parade - rumor is that Led Zeppelin will reunite and only perform Disney music......:thumbsup2

Is there even a remote possibility that this is true? This would be my DH's dream (well, not the Disney music) but the man lives and breathes Zeppelin. And we'll be there tomorrow.

jhaig said:
The studios seemed a little crowded but not too bad.

We were at the studios today too. It felt like a moderate crowd day.

Here now as well. Crowd levels are very manageable. All stand by lines were fine most of the week in all parks save TSMM and Soarin'. Seriously, what is the deal with that thing? I understand the pull but to crest an hour wait 15 minutes after opening? I guess it has to do with the fact that Epcot has too few "ride" attractions, especially with TT closed. All mountains were virtually walk on, ToT never rose above 30 minutes in my observation. Great week, great weather. We also got a generous portion of pixie dust, I was upgraded to a family suite! Haven't had that one before. More pixie dust: A magical moment card with a Stitch pin attached sent to my resort with a purchase, and free extra shots in our coffees not once but twice at the Writers' Stop!

Also interesting: They changed our resort locks while we were away today. We got back to our resort and now simply have to tap or wave our KttK to gain entry! Cool.

I don't think our Mousekeeper knows how to make towel animals. We arrived to a bunny left over from the previous guests and the obligatory towel Mickey on our bed, so I tipped the hell out of "Brandon" all week, and nothing. In the past it seems that was the code of communication between guest and Mousekeeper, tip nicely and they entertain you with clever towel arrangements. Not the case this time :(

Kerrio929 said:

Also saw Merida there, as well as Ariel, around 12:30.

I don't think our Mousekeeper knows how to make towel animals. We arrived to a bunny left over from the previous guests and the obligatory towel Mickey on our bed, so I tipped the hell out of "Brandon" all week, and nothing. In the past it seems that was the code of communication between guest and Mousekeeper, tip nicely and they entertain you with clever towel arrangements. Not the case this time :(

Not all mousekeepers know how to make towel animals, and tipping has nothing to do with whether or not you get them.

Jealous of Rabbit being there! We were hoping to find him on our last trip but he wasn't around.

Saw Rabbit at Epcot with Pooh at England.

Crowds are quite low. The 7am EMH at MK was great. Ride lines were empty nearly for 2 hours straight.

No soft opening for Test Track. Cars are running but nothing else yet.

PrincessMe said:
Is there even a remote possibility that this is true? This would be my DH's dream (well, not the Disney music) but the man lives and breathes Zeppelin. And we'll be there tomorrow.

This just seems SO beyond reasonable...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter