At the Magic Kingdom and it is crazy busy!

We were there last week, left late Sunday. Very low crowds, walk on all rides, including the biggies all week. Saturday at AK seemed crowded but ride waits weren't that bad. Longest wait literally all week was 20 minutes for Primeaval Whirl. Sunday at MK was a zoo. We were there only for the KTTK tour- never would have gone on that day otherwise.... Our guide said it seemed very crowded to him. Can't imagine what the rest of this week will be like.

We were at MK today and it was crazy busy! HM had a 45 min wait. And you know it's busy when IASW has a 30 min wait!
We did get picked to ride the Riverboat with Princess Tiana for the Jubilee. It was so much fun!!!!
All the schools around here are out for the whole week, I think I will stay away from the parks this week and try again next week. Well except to take some friends to see the Osborn lights.

A friend of mine from Australia arrives there today for 10 days and for some reason thought it would be a great idea to go to WDW over the Thanksgiving period because <cut straight from her email> "the crowds will be low low low as everyone will be spending Thanksgiving with their families!!! Yay for us!!!". :rolleyes1

I warned her but she wouldn't listen.

Touringplans does have today as an 8. But it also has MK as the best park to visit. Maybe lots of people took that advice. Go figure....

:rolleyes1 TourGuideMike says NOT to go to MK today.

I'll be joining you tomorrow OP! Can't wait for the crowds, sooo much people watching!

A friend of mine from Australia arrives there today for 10 days and for some reason thought it would be a great idea to go to WDW over the Thanksgiving period because <cut straight from her email> "the crowds will be low low low as everyone will be spending Thanksgiving with their families!!! Yay for us!!!". :rolleyes1

I warned her but she wouldn't listen.

Makes perfect sense, but oops! Everyone wanted to spend it with a Mouse.

Yeah, we were there thanksgiving week last year... TSM had a 2-3 HOUR wait. We went to all the parks first thing in the morning, stayed past lunch then were done for the day. Even at DD on Thanksgiving, you couldn't walk thru world of disney. Have fun...you just need to plan and go at rope drop.

DH and I were at MK today too, but our mission was just to ride Space Mountain. It was crowded, but if you utilize FP it is manageable. We got our FP's for Space Mountain at 9:40. Our return time was 1:40 and we still waited about 15 minutes. There were still FP's available at 2:30, but the return time was 10:20. The standby line was 60 minutes most of the day. In the 4 hours we were there we went on Pirates, HM, TTA, Steamboat, Monster's Laugh Floor, train, and SM. We also had lunch and snuck in some shopping at MK and the also visited the Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread house.

I hit 3 of the 4 parks today (didn't make AK) and all were crowded, much much more than last week. Epcot seemed to be the least busy, although Fastpasses for TT and Soarin were gone by the afternoon... But yes MK was absolutely packed! Space Mountain had the longest (standby) lines of all rides (around 130 mins when I checked in the afternoon). Fantasyland was a madhouse in the middle of the afternoon, lol.

Posting this on my iPhone from a patio @ CSR... :)

I was @ MK today & it was busy but manageable. We rode Space twice, Splash & did most of Fantasyland & Tomorrowland, plus HM & Liberty Belle. Our longest wait was Peter Pan, which was posted at 30 minutes in standby but was only 20. The UG plan (Day 1 of 2) worked great.

Where we noticed the crowds most was in food service & transportation. We went to Columbia Harbour House for lunch @ 1130 to beat the rush & still had to wait over 30 minutes just to order & get our food. And we had to wait 35 minutes for a bus back to CSR around 1:30 pm. We've decided just to drive ourselves for the rest of the week.

Mondays are normally busy in MK so I'm not surprised. Alot of guidebooks recommend you don't go to MK on Mondays.

I know alot of people just took their kids out of school for the whole week for vacation since school is only in for 2 days this week.
I feel bad if any of those kids are in my sons grade though. They had a writing test, social test yesterday and today is a math test. It may be a short week but the testing never stops around here.

I was their last night. We decided to drive over from Tampa to ride Space Mountain. We waited a little over an hour. Big Thunder was over an hour wait and almost every ride we saw had atleast a 30 minute wait. It was the first time I saw a line ever at the "people mover" It was crazy busy!!

We are considering this week for next year. Scared silly about it, but if there is anyway we can work it, we will. Don't want to take the kids out of school and don't want the heat.

Will people--pretty please--post wait times for rides? Also, very interested in the wait times at rope drop. We usually don't do parks after 12-1:00 (we go back in the evening), so I'm wondering what our waits would be like at that time. Also interested in EMH evening wait times.

Thanks and enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

We are considering this week for next year. Scared silly about it, but if there is anyway we can work it, we will. Don't want to take the kids out of school and don't want the heat.

Will people--pretty please--post wait times for rides? Also, very interested in the wait times at rope drop. We usually don't do parks after 12-1:00 (we go back in the evening), so I'm wondering what our waits would be like at that time. Also interested in EMH evening wait times.

Thanks and enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

Well, we were there @ rope drop & this is what we did inthe order we did it & the wait we saw before 1:00 pm-

Space-5 minutes
Buzz-was down temporarily, so got FP which we used in the evening
Pooh-posted 20 minutes, actually 10 minutes
Peter Pan-posted 30 minutes, actually 20
IASW-10
Philharmagic-next show
Haunted Mansion-10
Riverboat-walked on
lunch @ CHH (grabbed Splash FPs before lunch)
Splash via FP
Left @ 1 for break-on the way out we were going to do Pirates, but the posted time was 35 minutes, so we'll just do it Friday as planned.

Like I said, not too bad, even though it is crowded.
R
Space

We were there Monday and agree it was very crowded, but with Fast Pass Relay (as DS says) we rode Space Mtn., Buzz six times, Pirates, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Hall of Presidents, and Comedy Show. We got there at 10:30 (gasp!) and left from 4:00-7:00 to swim and rest. The longest we waited was 30 minutes for Buzz. I'm amazed at how many folks just don't utilize fast passes. We also had no desire to do any Fantasyland rides this time. We walked through and it looked like everyone in the world had gathered there!

Last Friday, we walked on everything at Epcot. Saturday at MGM was a little crowded, but we rode everything and even did Rock-n-roll rollercoaster four times and Toy Story Mania three times. Our longest wait was about 15 minutes. Sunday at AK was crowded too, but we rode everything multiple times.

Thank goodness for fast passes! Even the crowded times can be manageable thanks to good touring plans and FP. And as DS said, "A day waiting in lines at Disney is better than sitting in math class!"

Well, we were there @ rope drop & this is what we did inthe order we did it & the wait we saw before 1:00 pm-

Space-5 minutes
Buzz-was down temporarily, so got FP which we used in the evening
Pooh-posted 20 minutes, actually 10 minutes
Peter Pan-posted 30 minutes, actually 20
IASW-10
Philharmagic-next show
Haunted Mansion-10
Riverboat-walked on
lunch @ CHH (grabbed Splash FPs before lunch)
Splash via FP
Left @ 1 for break-on the way out we were going to do Pirates, but the posted time was 35 minutes, so we'll just do it Friday as planned.

Like I said, not too bad, even though it is crowded.
R
Space

Thanks, very helpful! :thumbsup2 Was that today?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter