At the Boardwalk now - is black mold that common?

Think of it this way. This was the bathroom vent. Cold air coming into the bathroom because the guest likes it cold (like 68-70 degrees). Hot, humid air from the shower because the guest likes a hot shower. Hot air on cold metal makes wet surface which causes the mildew to grow.

I wanted to thank everyone for your help and suggestions. As I said earlier we dealt with a manager at Kidani named Eric. He was fantastic! He corrected the mistakes that were made at the Boardwalk. I specifically explained to Eric that I did not want any free cupcakes and all I wanted was what I paid for. Regardless the following night we walked into this:

photolzi.jpg

The few people we talked to about the situation also said that have never seen anything like that and it is unacceptable.

Regardless, this is exactly what we needed to break us out of the Boardwalk comfort zone. Nothing against the Boardwalk at all, it is still an amazing resort, but it is nice to see other resorts. Animal Kingdom is our home resort and this is the first time we have stayed there. The resort is beautiful and the animals are amazing. My BIGGEST complaint was the distance from the parks. I guess we are used to being around everything and this was a very hard adjustment to get used to. We ended up taking a taxi to most places and getting a cab at Kidani was also kind of a pain. Again, I am used to walking out of the Boardwalk and seeing cab's waiting.

Regardless it was another amazing trip for us. We were able to get into Fantasyland and even had dinner at Be Our Guest. Soooo very nice being able to enjoy a glass of wine in the MK!

Anyway, thank you all again for the help, suggestions and motivation to make our vacation better and not settle for what we were given. I think we are going to try staying at Bay Lake on our next trip.

:thumbsup2

I wanted to thank everyone for your help and suggestions. As I said earlier we dealt with a manager at Kidani named Eric. He was fantastic! He corrected the mistakes that were made at the Boardwalk. I specifically explained to Eric that I did not want any free cupcakes and all I wanted was what I paid for. Regardless the following night we walked into this:

photolzi.jpg

The few people we talked to about the situation also said that have never seen anything like that and it is unacceptable.

Regardless, this is exactly what we needed to break us out of the Boardwalk comfort zone. Nothing against the Boardwalk at all, it is still an amazing resort, but it is nice to see other resorts. Animal Kingdom is our home resort and this is the first time we have stayed there. The resort is beautiful and the animals are amazing. My BIGGEST complaint was the distance from the parks. I guess we are used to being around everything and this was a very hard adjustment to get used to. We ended up taking a taxi to most places and getting a cab at Kidani was also kind of a pain. Again, I am used to walking out of the Boardwalk and seeing cab's waiting.

Regardless it was another amazing trip for us. We were able to get into Fantasyland and even had dinner at Be Our Guest. Soooo very nice being able to enjoy a glass of wine in the MK!

Anyway, thank you all again for the help, suggestions and motivation to make our vacation better and not settle for what we were given. I think we are going to try staying at Bay Lake on our next trip.

:thumbsup2

Glad everything was resolved to your satisfaction!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter