At the airport, where can I buy

the_bUg

Mouseketeer
Hi there. So DW and myself are leaving on our first cruise this coming January and there are 2 products that I would strongly like to procure before cruising. I'm not really concerned about cost and more about convenience.

We are traveling in from Northwestern Ontario, Canada (ie, literally the middle of nowhere) and we do not have the ability to procure Bonine or Seasafe before travelling and I'd really like to get them both.

I realize that I could order Sea-Safe online, however with international travel restrictions I am not allowed to transport in excess of 100ml of fluids/gels, etc. in carry on or checked luggage.

So, I guess what I'm asking after all this rambling is, is it possible to purchase both Sea-Safe and Bonine at MCO?

We're using Disney transportation all the way and have no interest in renting a car. I'd prefer not to have to taxi in to orlando just for these products, due to our travel times. Do they perhaps sell them on the ship, at the airport, where???

Any help from the Disney Experienced would appreciated. Thanks!

You can put liquids over 100ml in your checked bag. I have packed 1 liter of hairspray, shampoo,suntan lotion, etc. No problem. It is what you carry onto the plane that they limit.

From TSA
SA and our security partners conducted extensive explosives testing since August 10, 2006 and determined that liquids, aerosols and gels, in limited quantities, are safe to bring aboard an aircraft. The one bag limit per traveler limits the total amount each traveler can bring. Consolidating the bottles into one bag and X-raying them separately from the carry-on bag enables security officers to quickly clear the items.

3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less (by volume); 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3.4 ounce (100ml) container size is a security measure.

Be prepared. Each time TSA searches a carry-on it slows down the line. Practicing 3-1-1 will ensure a faster and easier checkpoint experience.

3-1-1 is for short trips. If in doubt, put your liquids in checked luggage.

Declare larger liquids. Medications, baby formula and food, and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint. Officers may need to open these items to conduct additional screening.

Latest revision: 16 October 2012

Since the OP is from Canada and presumably flying out of a Canadian airport, TSA regulations aren't applicable. However, I'd be surprised if there weren't an exception to whatever rules apply to them for medical items.

As far as motion sickness medications go, guest services on board will provide them for free on request.

Hi there. So DW and myself are leaving on our first cruise this coming January and there are 2 products that I would strongly like to procure before cruising. I'm not really concerned about cost and more about convenience.

We are traveling in from Northwestern Ontario, Canada (ie, literally the middle of nowhere) and we do not have the ability to procure Bonine or Seasafe before travelling and I'd really like to get them both.

I realize that I could order Sea-Safe online, however with international travel restrictions I am not allowed to transport in excess of 100ml of fluids/gels, etc. in carry on or checked luggage.

So, I guess what I'm asking after all this rambling is, is it possible to purchase both Sea-Safe and Bonine at MCO?

We're using Disney transportation all the way and have no interest in renting a car. I'd prefer not to have to taxi in to orlando just for these products, due to our travel times. Do they perhaps sell them on the ship, at the airport, where???

Any help from the Disney Experienced would appreciated. Thanks!

This is taken directly from the AirCanada website:

Accepted items include alcoholic beverages, perfume, cologne, aerosols and medicines containing alcohol.

Release valves on aerosols must be protected by a cap or other suitable means to prevent inadvertent release of the contents.

Carry-on baggage:

Liquids gels and aerosols are permitted in carry-on baggage on the following conditions:
They are in containers of 100 ml/100 g (3.4 oz.) or less.
Containers over 100mL/100g (3.4oz) will be confiscated from carry-on baggage at the security checkpoint.
The containers are placed in one (1) clear, closed and re-sealable plastic bag no larger than 1 litre (1 quart).

Checked baggage:

Liquids, gels and aerosols (e.g. hairspray, medicines containing alcohol, perfume, and cologne) are accepted in checked baggage provided:
Their total capacity does not exceed 2 L or 2 kg (75 fl. oz.).
The net capacity of each single item does not exceed 500 ml or 500 g (18 fl. oz).
The acceptance of alcoholic beverages in checked baggage is based on their alcohol content:
Alcohol content of less than 24%: no limitation on quantity
Alcohol content of more than 24% but less than 70%: maximum 5 L per customer
Alcohol content of over 70%: not allowed in checked baggage.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/airport/baggage/security.html#-liquids

Yup, it is allowed in checked luggage. I am from Canada. We put contact lense solution, face wash, lotion, etc in our checked luggage, never a problem.

Since the OP is from Canada and presumably flying out of a Canadian airport, TSA regulations aren't applicable. However, I'd be surprised if there weren't an exception to whatever rules apply to them for medical items.

As far as motion sickness medications go, guest services on board will provide them for free on request.

Which medications to do they provide? Its free? Really? I am here stressing about buying and bringing stuff for my daughter.

Summerl30 said:
Which medications to do they provide? Its free? Really? I am here stressing about buying and bringing stuff for my daughter.

OP, you can order both Bonine for kids and adults through Amazon.com, that's what we do :)

They have the generic bonine available in the med center and at Guest Services free, in my experience. You can also get a shot (for a fee) at the med center that helps with seasickness.

:cutie:

I would expect that you can pick up Bonine at any newstore at the airport. It may be a small travel-size and might be more expensive than at WalMart but they likely have it. I'm not familiar with Sea-Safe.

Enjoy your cruise!

we are from Canada too, never had any issues with taking liquids in our checked luggage, west jet or Air Canada. My experience with sea sickness remedies is this: Gravol is Ok, which you can get at home and take with you, but the free stuff on board (reccommended to us by your server on board from Toronto) works really well and fast. Our best luck though has been the prescription patches for behind the ear. I guess this all depends though on how seasick your DD gets.

Good luck and Enjoy!

Generic bonine is available in a basket outside the medical center on deck 1 and from guest services on deck 3--both at no charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter