At the airport - but.....

Sorry about your delay. We were sat at Orlando for 6 hours last night waiting for V50. We had a 4.30 hour delay and am feeling shattered.

Glad you made it Tim - didn't miss much weather was shocking last night rained continuously from 3pm till 10pm :thumbsup2

really? I thought airlines had to once the delay reaches a certain amount of time...at least food vouchers or something

Just had a quick read and Which suggest 4 hours or longer they should provide 2 free phone calls, faxes or e-mails & free meals and refreshments appropriate to the delay
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...-and-cancellations-your-rights/flight-delays/

They also say depending on the circumstances compensation is possible, I am sure VA have this one covered http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...ncellations-your-rights/longer-flight-delays/

Last time we were delayed at MCO they gave us vouchers worth about $6 each.

What a nightmare! Glad to hear you're there safe and sound. All that's left to do now is to have a FAB-U-LOUS time!

glad you're there now, have a fantastic trip. We had never been delayed with Virgin until last October then two hours going out and three hours coming back :( Missed our first adr too

It's not just VA :lmao:

We flew CO this year. Great route via Newark, great Airline and we will do the same again .... BUT

and through no fault of Continental, we had our series of massive delays too.

We flew in last week, arrived at Newark 20 minutes early :cool1:
Customs and Immigrations went very quickly and we had time to mill about before we went through security again for the MCO connection.

All went well, up to a point. We were boarded 30 minutes late. Okay not a big deal to anyone but me who hates being late for anything :rotfl:

Finally got out onto the runway and the one engine just died. I mean you heard it just shut down and that was it. We were returned to the gate, told to sit and wait for maintenance and further updates. An hour later they told us to get off again. Short story: we landed 3 hours late at MCO in a huge electric storm with the sky splitting around us and rain lashing down. So .... no luggage belts open .. for any arrivals. It was 10 pm before they deemed it safe for to start sending luggage through to the carousel. We should have been at MCO by 4.15 pm :mad: Oh and I had this brainwave that we could just get DME to take our luggage ... except that (now where is Beth :lmao:) CO had not put our bar codes from the luggage onto our boarding passes in EDI :headache:

Looks like nobody is immune to delays any more!

Hope the delay didn't drag too much and you had a safe journey. On a brighter note you will now be in Orlando :goodvibes

It's not just VA :lmao:

We flew CO this year. Great route via Newark, great Airline and we will do the same again .... BUT

and through no fault of Continental, we had our series of massive delays too.

We flew in last week, arrived at Newark 20 minutes early :cool1:
Customs and Immigrations went very quickly and we had time to mill about before we went through security again for the MCO connection.

All went well, up to a point. We were boarded 30 minutes late. Okay not a big deal to anyone but me who hates being late for anything :rotfl:

Finally got out onto the runway and the one engine just died. I mean you heard it just shut down and that was it. We were returned to the gate, told to sit and wait for maintenance and further updates. An hour later they told us to get off again. Short story: we landed 3 hours late at MCO in a huge electric storm with the sky splitting around us and rain lashing down. So .... no luggage belts open .. for any arrivals. It was 10 pm before they deemed it safe for to start sending luggage through to the carousel. We should have been at MCO by 4.15 pm :mad: Oh and I had this brainwave that we could just get DME to take our luggage ... except that (now where is Beth :lmao:) CO had not put our bar codes from the luggage onto our boarding passes in EDI :headache:

Looks like nobody is immune to delays any more!

i'm so sorry!!! well i'll keep my fingers crossed that this will be the worst thing that will happen to you all trip!

come on tim have you had a curry and a pint yet?:drinking1
Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter