At POP Century right now

Kellyh123

DIS Veteran
We have been here since the 29th. There was an unbelievable amount of people checking in today. I was really hoping things would not be so crowded starting today. Everything here has been really great. The bus service has been good and the CMs very friendly and helpful. We have stayed Deluxe and moderate this is our first value and we are enjoying it. Epcot and MGM were both crowded today. Hope things get a bit less crowded tomorrow.
Let me know if you have any questions

Kellyh123,

I am thinking about staying there solo over Memorial Day weekend May 27-June 4 and this will be my first on-site stay. My only other time there except when I was a kid (20 years ago), was Feb 2001 and I stayed at Hampton Inn. Never again will I stay off site. Because it was "slow season" the last pick up in the van was 5 pm. You can imagine what I missed seeing.

What's it like, what is the food area like, bus service etc.

We are at the Yacht Club concierge right now. How long are you staying for? Yes epcot was really crowded, I heard that the crowds should be less tomorrow. Lets hope! The yacht club is wonderful! Any questions feel free to ask! :cool1:

Staying onsite is awesome!!!! If you stay at the economy resorts the food courts are open till midnight!!! and have a wide variety of eats to chose from. At the all-stars you can even get pizza delivered to your room.. you should see the delivery carts SUPER COOL! Pop Century is great. The lobby is filled with things you'll recognize from the 70's 80's and 90's. They have giant glass cases with things like metal lunch boxes rubic cubes.. and get this old 45's. Staying onsite allows you to pop in and check out all of the other hotels.. I highly recommend this activity.. the hotels are just as interesting and great to visit as the parks. Breakfast is awesome at the Animal Kingdom.. its a buffet all you can eat oh my god the bacon taste great I can hardly walk kind of breakfast! The Boardwalk is outrageous and sports a bunch of places to grab a bite and carnival cames to play not to mention that great back door entrance to Epcot!

Have fun! Hope this info helps.

ahh hope your having a great time there..we have stayed there twice and plan to be there again in october..hopefully an adult only trip even sooner.......have a wonderful stay...

modgnikcigam,

That beats Hampton Inn. It sounds wonderful, but I hope the crowds at POP Century aren't bad because of it being Memorial Day weekend.

The bus service has been really great. There have been a couple of times when the PC line was really really long at the parks and 2 buses would come at a time for PC to help clear things out. Haven't had to wait more than 10 to 15 minutes. On New Year's EVE Epcot set a new attendance record of 85,000. This week is still crowded but NOTHING like last week

My daughter did the Dolphins in Depth tour today and that was the number the Epcot people gave her.

Kellyh123,

Thanks for the feedback on Pop Century. I currently have AAA trying to confirm a price they quoted me while I was in there office today, but since the system has been having issues I am still waiting.

Chip 'n Dale Express said:
That wasn't the number that I saw... (although, Epcot did have more than MK)

What was the # you saw?? Do you happen to have them for all the parks for NYE?

The crowds are still pretty high but if you know how to use fast pass etc.. the waits aren't to bad

Does your room have a fridge? I read that they are putting them in the resorts, but not sure about the value resorts, We are staying there in April.

Thanks

Memorial Day might get a little ugly cause everyone goes up for the long weekend... but I agree with the others on this site... if you use FastPass wisely you'll be able to catch all of the major rides... but here's a hint... if you're not really interested in the parades... then this is definitely the best time to go to the major rides... like space mountain, pirates, thunder mountain and splash mountain... everyone is so busy checking out the parade with the little ones.. that the park is your playground for at least a solid half hour... mind you ... a lot of people have caught on to this little tip... especially us folks with out offspring.. although I'll have to admit I soon hope to be one of those sitting on main street with my own little kiddie watching MM go by on a float!

Happy Disney Vacation Planning....

What parks are you going to visit???? Cause I've only touched on MK... I have some advise for the other parks too.

The rooms were in really good shape. Still looked like new to me. We got our first towel animal here. My daughter and I were so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter