at polynesian club now - horrible experience so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
try AKL club level...they are GREAT!! They have tons of food and have really good service!

Sorry you're having a bad experience...I agree with the posters who said to tell a manager asap so they can try to fix it for you.

Out of all the Disney Club-Levels, I've always heard that Poly is one of the more 'basic' ones. We stayed at the Beach Club in the Vice Presidential Suite on our wedding night last year, and whilst the room was lovely, I wasn't impressed with the rest of Club Level at all, I wouldn't recommend it. Haven't heard great things about the Boardwalk either.

I've heard great things about AKL Club Level, and we enjoyed the Contemporary Club Level as well. Next month we're staying at the Grand Floridian in the Royal Palm Club, and I'm really hoping it's worth the $$$!

Get up go to club.continental breakfast is melon, grapes, apples, bananas, one type bagel, one type roll, one roll with a little cinnamon and icing and cereal. You have to be kidding me - we stay club in 4 star resorts whenever we travel.
I don't mean to pick on you, but if you're a "planner," then the continental breakfast offerings shouldn't have surprised you.

To the OP, I'm curious, if you have been planning with this board for 7 months, how did you possibly expect anything other than that for breakfast? I've been reading for a few months, and I bet I've read 10 times the description of what's available at poly cl for breakfast. Its always been as you've described... and it sounds good to me! But then I guess my family tries to eat pretty healthy - all that fruit sounds great!

We just left the Poly club level yesterday after a wonderful week! Everything and everyone was great. I agree with the others, if you're not happy about something, address it with the staff or the manager there, though, you will get better responses than just venting about it here. In my experience there (2x now), they will go out of their way to accommodate you.

Sorry you're having a bad experience...I agree with the posters who said to tell a manager asap so they can try to fix it for you.

Out of all the Disney Club-Levels, I've always heard that Poly is one of the more 'basic' ones. We stayed at the Beach Club in the Vice Presidential Suite on our wedding night last year, and whilst the room was lovely, I wasn't impressed with the rest of Club Level at all, I wouldn't recommend it. Haven't heard great things about the Boardwalk either.

I've heard great things about AKL Club Level, and we enjoyed the Contemporary Club Level as well. Next month we're staying at the Grand Floridian in the Royal Palm Club, and I'm really hoping it's worth the $$$!

The Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club is no great shakes either. Save your money. It's like the Beach Club but in a bigger space. The club levels at Disney have pretty much La Quinta offerings but at Disney's prices.

We just left the Poly club level yesterday after a wonderful week! Everything and everyone was great. I agree with the others, if you're not happy about something, address it with the staff or the manager there, though, you will get better responses than just venting about it here. In my experience there (2x now), they will go out of their way to accommodate you.

What's your take on the CL food offerings? Just curious, as we'll be there soon. :)

I miss the package delivery, but do less shopping, which is always a good thing. ::yes::

You already paid for it, so enjoy what you get. But now you know. And in the words of G.I. Joe, knowing is half the battle.

How is the package delievry at CL any different for the regular rooms? We get package delivery at POP??:confused3

How is the package delievry at CL any different for the regular rooms? We get package delivery at POP??:confused3

Package delivery to your room instead of having to pick it up at the resort gift shop.

When we stayed in the Hawaii building a few years ago, we weren't even offered a gold cart. The main desk pointed us in the direction of the Hawaii building and my DH, myself and then 4 yo DS carried our luggage byourselves to check-in over there.

The offerings do leave alot to be desired, except for the Kalua and coffee I used to love to sip everynight while watching the MK fireworks from the lounge.

We got a good deal when DH used to get an airline employee discount, but to pay those prices now. No thank you. We just don't think conceirge is worth it.

I am sorry you're not having the wonderful experience you were expecting, I hope it improves and didn't put too much of a damper on your vacation. But, I'm curious how you didn't know how to get back to the Hawaii building. Hadn't you already been there once to check in?

I can see how the layout can be confusing. We have stayed at the Polynesian five times and my wife still couldn't identify the Hawaii longhouse if it was on fire. However, she could find her way to Boutiki if she woke up blindfolded on the moon.

We stayed at the Poly Concierge level several times when the prices were a steal (2002-2004) using AP and other discounts. Back then WDW was offering great deals because of the tourism decline after 9-11. We felt that the Concierge level was a good deal at that time, but there is no way that I would pay for what they are asking now, and I love the Poly.

What's your take on the CL food offerings? Just curious, as we'll be there soon. :)

Food at the club levels is a nice perk, but nothing to base your decision on. We use the lounge mainly for breakfast due to convenience, although we also ate at Kona and at 'Ohana for breakfast on a few days as well. This last trip, my kids did have snacks every afternoon since we were back at the resort since it was so hot - chips, popcorn, gummy sharks, cookies. We had dinner twice in the lounge - sticky wings night and Hawaiian drumsticks night - the food is very good, but it's not really meant to replace regular meals unless you're a very light eater. And the desserts/drinks we do almost every night - yummy! The lounge at the Poly is open 24/7 for soda and coffee/tea, but the food offerings are only out at designated times.

They no longer give out the week's menu when you check in, but you can see the different types of things they usually have over on Tikiman's site about the Poly.

We like club level at the Poly mainly because we like the room location and view.

I can see how the layout can be confusing. We have stayed at the Polynesian five times and my wife still couldn't identify the Hawaii longhouse if it was on fire. However, she could find her way to Boutiki if she woke up blindfolded on the moon.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: LOVE IT!!!

Can you switch to the GF or somewhere else?

I am a planner; have been utilizing this board for 7 months. I did online check in got confirmation #. I get to valet parking they tell me someone will be ther to get me. We wait 15 minutes. Get to club check in no available cast members. I did online check so I could pick up tickets and go. Wait wait some more - finally young lady tries to check me in. Said my husbands name was not on reserevation. Show her 10 different confirmations with his name on it. Wait wait some more. Then she says ok and gets keys finally think we can get out and go to park but then says she gave us wrong keys. Furious we go to club she comes up and gives us right keys. Not her fault I don't think. Go to park come back midnight ask girl in grand ceremonial house best way to get to hawaii building from there she gives us detailed description which I write down. Wind up over by wedding pavillion. See another employee ask him he sends us on another wild goose chase. Finally find it go to bed. Get up go to club.continental breakfast is melon, grapes, apples, bananas, one type bagel, one type roll, one roll with a little cinnamon and icing and cereal. You have to be kidding me - we stay club in 4 star resorts whenever we travel. You get a better continental breakfast at a red roof in. We go to parks and come back at 1:30; room has not been made up. I call and they say it could be 5 before they make up room. There's more but have to go now

Get to club check in no available cast members. I did online check so I could pick up tickets and go.

Just wondering - were there cast members that were helping other guests? Or no cast members at the desk at all? On-line check-in should make the check-in process easier and quicker - but it doesn't mean you walk up and your tickets, etc. are on the counter waiting for you.

. . . Get to club check in no available cast members . . . another wild goose chase . . . . continental breakfast is melon, grapes, apples, bananas, one type bagel, one type roll, one roll with a little cinnamon and icing and cereal . . .

1) Not sure what you expected.
. . . sometimes cast members are busy elsewhere
. . . unfortunately, people just don't always know the right directions
. . . that is what a Continental Breakfast contains
2) Disney does not have a Concierge Floor.
3) They are called Club Floors because the service is less than Concierge.
4) If unsatisfied, you should complain to a manager right now.
5) But, with the exception of directions, I don't know what else can change.

NOTE: Most people do not stay "Concierge" elsewhere, so they have no idea how poor the Club Level service is at WDW in comparison. In fact, those not-in-the-know actually rave about the service. The reason they changed the name is because there were so many complaints about the sub-standard "concierge floor" services.

Get to club check in no available cast members. I did online check so I could pick up tickets and go.

Just wondering - were there cast members that were helping other guests? Or no cast members at the desk at all? On-line check-in should make the check-in process easier and quicker - but it doesn't mean you walk up and your tickets, etc. are on the counter waiting for you.

Whether you do online check in or not, club level guests at the Poly check in at the club building (Hawaii), not in the main lobby where the separate online check-in area is. There are 2-3 cast members in the Hawaii lobby most of the time (7AM-9PM, I think), and if other guests are already being helped, you will have to wait. As the PP stated, it doesn't mean your tickets would be sitting there waiting - someone still has to physically hand you your package. Since we were staying club level, I didn't really see any benefit to online check-in. It's really meant to save you long lines at the main check-in (I've read horror stories of 40 minute lines at some resorts), not to guarantee no line at all.

Whether you do online check in or not, club level guests at the Poly check in at the club building (Hawaii), not in the main lobby where the separate online check-in area is. There are 2-3 cast members in the Hawaii lobby most of the time (7AM-9PM, I think), and if other guests are already being helped, you will have to wait. As the PP stated, it doesn't mean your tickets would be sitting there waiting - someone still has to physically hand you your package. Since we were staying club level, I didn't really see any benefit to online check-in. It's really meant to save you long lines at the main check-in (I've read horror stories of 40 minute lines at some resorts), not to guarantee no line at all.

Yes, there is a separate check in, however, there should be someone who can direct the guest to the Hawaii building and someone to take their bags when they arrive.

Yes, there is a separate check in, however, there should be someone who can direct the guest to the Hawaii building and someone to take their bags when they arrive.

Maybe that person was busy helping another guest? I'm sure like any other business, Disney doesn't have "extra" CMs anymore. Why have 2 people manning a desk when only 1 will suffice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter