At POFQ... And...

Daisy-J&D

DIS Veteran
I'm *so* disappointed. I guess there is no way to change resorts once you're here? I wish we were at PORR. I really don't to stay here for another 7 nights. We had a bad experience on our first day and I can't get over it. :(

Oh no! Sorry to hear things aren't going well. We are booked at POFQ for our November trip and this will be our first stay at that resort.

Hope you can resolve the issues and enjoy your vacation.... Should I be concerned?

I'm *so* disappointed. I guess there is no way to change resorts once you're here? I wish we were at PORR. I really don't to stay here for another 7 nights. We had a bad experience on our first day and I can't get over it. :(

That's too bad! May I ask what happened that is making you so upset?

You can ask to be switched. If there is a room available you should be able to move. What happened??

Oh no! Sorry to hear things aren't going well. We are booked at POFQ for our November trip and this will be our first stay at that resort.

Hope you can resolve the issues and enjoy your vacation.... Should I be concerned?

Well, no, probably not. People rave about this resort.

Our first day hit a bump with a dirty room assigned to us... We had to be switched. It had scuff marks on the walls, thick dust behind the beds (and napkins stuffed down), and the grossest... droplets of red something or other on the carpet and yes, it looked like blood.

Switched rooms. Headed off to the foodcourt. I used to work in food handling so I notice stuff more than I should. The woman making my DD's sandwhich pulled frozen beef patties out of the freezer, put them on the grill, crumpled the paper they were on in her hand, wiped her hands on her SHIRT and picked up DD's food without washing her hands. I was so grossed out!!

Continued... so for the past 2 nights we've travelled to other resorts to eat our meals because I didn't even want to go back in the foodcourt. You may say over reaction but that's how I am. We ate at PORR (and saw how gorgeous it is) and Art of Animation.

So I guess between the dirty room and then the food handling issue I'm just not feeling the love. It may be an over reaction but you know what they say about first impressions!

oh no! The room would make me very upset also! maybe asked to be switched to POR? I mean it is very close....

Our first day hit a bump with a dirty room assigned to us... We had to be switched. It had scuff marks on the walls, (this to me is a petty complaint) thick dust behind the beds (and napkins stuffed down), and the grossest... droplets of red something or other on the carpet and yes, it looked like blood. (this might gross me out. but, if it was blood, it would most likely not be red if it was dry - somebody may have let their kid play with paint in the room)

I hope you can make the most if your trip and come home with happy memories.

So I guess between the dirty room and then the food handling issue I'm just not feeling the love. It may be an over reaction but you know what they say about first impressions!

I totally understand how you feel!
You're so right about first impressions.
we just got back from POFQ a week ago for a 12 day stay.

the first day we arrived the computers were down. Our room request was not made but they were unable to change it because of the computers. Plus we had to pay oop for our dining plan. Then they couldn't figure out how to reimburse me for meals. so much of our first day was wasted because of these issues.

then I walked into the food court and it was so small and dingy and unclean. the kids wanted icecream, but their barrels of icecream looked so old and the frost was so thick around the sides We decided to walk to Riverside.

now with all that being said, We did grow to love the resort because of the small size of it and I would definitely stay there again in the future.
So hopefully, if you don't switch resorts, you'll begin to love it too!

I understand you are upset as its a lot of money to spend for vacation. For anything you see that disturbs you like the CM at the food court report it! They won't change if you don't give them a chance. I hope things get better and you enjoy your trip.

You can most definitely switch resorts, however don't ask at POFQ, go to the front desk at POR and ask them! Tell them your story and say you would like to move, do they have availability. Do not call, definitely go there... I realize it's a time sucker, but may be worth it in the long run?

I would definitely make you issues known tot he resort. Especially the food court handling food with her bare hands. That would gross anyone out!

What a Bummer! FWIW, I love POFQ when I stayed but that was in 2008 and I didn't see any of what you are seeing (I am pretty picky too!).

I hope you are able to change resorts!

Ugh. I've stayed at POFQ quite a few times and have never had a problem, but I do understand that bad stuff does happen sometimes no matter where someone stays. I'd definitely report the food handler's unsanitary methods, that's just disgusting. I hope you can be moved to POR. Good luck and I hope the rest of your vacation is much, much better. pixiedust:

We've stayed at POFQ 3 times and have had nothing but positive experiences, however things can and do slip through the cracks at any resort.

Have you spoken to a manager and reported your concerns? If not, then please do so.

I agree, if your whole vacation is going to be soured because you can't get over the bad experiences you had, then asked to be moved. I'm sure they can accomodate you at POR. You just need to ask! :)

I don't think it would be any problem switching resorts. Disney wants you to enjoy your stay. Stuff happens everywhere and if you would feel more comfortable elsewhere ask to switch. I hope you have some better experiences and can enjoy your holiday!pixiedust::)

We love POR. Next Jan we have 10 nights booked at FQ, first stay. A friend stayed there right after it was renovated and I thought the rooms were very nice. I hope you are enjoying the new room you were moved to. I've heard reports of people getting dirty rooms at different resorts. Sadly that can happen at any resort.
I would ask to speak with the food manager about unsafe food handling. I know I prefer the POR food court better for the selection and if eating at resort I'll walk over there. But we so rarely eat at the resort. Maybe for breakfast. We are usually at a park for lunch. And a TS for dinner.

Please don't let a rocky start ruin your vacay, and move on.

Disney will always try their best to make you happy! :) If you want to change resorts then talk to a manager ASAP! As long as another resort has availability they can move you quickly and easily. We've done it a couple of times. Please don't stay a whole week feeling the way you do, you've spent too much time and money to not enjoy your vacation.

I too would be grossed out by the lady not washing her hands when touching my child's food. I'd likely tell someone what I saw so that hopefully it will not happen to other during their vacation. ewwww! Would not hurt to ask if they can switch you to POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter