At Paradise Pier Hotel now....construction?

So you picked Paradise Pier? Did you not do any research at all? Every hotel on Harbor between Manchester and Disney Way is closer than Paradise Pier! :confused3

:rotfl: i remember when DLH was undergoing all kinds of construction...nobody got anything for that except a big fat bill at the end of their stay...thats the way life rolls

For what ya pay for these hotels they should have just had Tinkerbell zap the work done. ;) It is Disney magic after all!

But all kidding aside, they do have to keep the place up. Otherwise it will look bad and no one will be wanting to spend that kind of money to stay there. We actually came around the back way a few times when we needed something from the car first before going to the parks. It really wasn't that big of a difference. They were doing painting in May over outside of Surf's Up, and by the pool. We just ignore things and go on with our days. Don't let it ruin your vaca!

pharmama said:
I disagree. The magnitude of the 'construction' currently going on just isn't that great and I do not think it warranted notification at booking though it was likely already planned/scheduled at that time. It probably should have been mentioned at check-in, I won't argue with that (it was mentioned to us and we do have a letter in our room. OP- you don't have a letter about the painting in your room? Ours was on the table between the two beds in our room). Its more like routine maintenance (painting) than construction and everything is 'packed up' in the evenings (though the front drive is still closed to vehicles, you can walk in that way).

Pharma, you might be staying in a room closer to where the actual construction is going on. We are at a far end of the hotel. We can hear trucks as early as 6:30am with their loud noises. We did a double check, and there was no letter explaining the road closure, though, there isn't any painting going on on our side of the building, either.

The impact has been minimal, I suppose. We don't have to worry in the early morning or evening when we leave or come back. The problem has only been coming back and leaving in the afternoon from our breaks. Again, adding 20 minutes to our commute back and forth between the hotel and the parks. I usually don't say anything and take most things in stride, but this did truly bother me, and my sister, who works in hotel, management and hospitality. She said they should know better.

Can anyone staying there now confirm when the work is expected to be completed? I'm staying there in mid-October, and since its only painting I would expect them to be done by then, but it would still ease my mind to know...

Thanks!

The personnel lifts and other equipment went away today. I have no idea if they're fully done or they just clear the stuff out for the weekend.

But either way I would not stress too much about whether or not this will still be going on when you're here....its really just not that big a deal.

It took me 3 minutes (pushing a stroller) to walk from the elevators, out the back door and to the traffic signal (where you would cross if you had come out the front doors too) this morning. Honestly I'm having a hard time imagining how this is a 10 minute detour...

Again, adding 20 minutes to our commute back and forth between the hotel and the parks. I usually don't say anything and take most things in stride, but this did truly bother me, and my sister, who works in hotel, management and hospitality. She said they should know better.

Is it possible you're going out the wrong door? You are saying a *back* door, but the door being described by others is more of a side door. I don't even know of a back door. And the others staying there at the same time as you are saying that the door they are using is actually CLOSER to the crosswalk than the front door is. Are you SURE you're using the right door?

During my first stay, I thought I knew what way to get to the parks, but it turns out I was going out that side door, going towards DLH (following the signs), and alllll the way through DownTown Disney. I really thought I was right until I came back and saw a better description of the route to take.

ETA: I've just checked out googlemaps, and I guess what I'm thinking of is more of a back entrance, but I'm not remembering it feeling like that, LOL.

I don't know how that walk can take ten minutes. It doesn't take 10 minutes to walk around the outside of the entire hotel. I hear you on the trucks (we were there twice last year when CL was being built) early in the morning, but for some reason, this seems to happen no matter where I stay. Try not to let it get you down or affect your vacation. While I don't think it is worthy of any freebies, I do wonder why you didn't get the letter that other guests are getting. Did you call Guest Services and ask a SC about that part?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter